Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Antichrist and the Number 666

Marion Jenis

I do not wish to deprecate the Evangelical churches in any way, but they lack a tradition of scholarship. Real scholarship can be found in the Roman Catholic Church, the mainline Protestant denominations such as the Lutheran and the Anglican or Episcopalian Churches, and the Eastern Orthodox Churches. If I wish to understand the Bible in a responsible rather than sensational way I will study the works of their scholars. They are grounded in history and have a thorough knowledge of ancient languages, and are not afraid to treat the Bible itself as an historical document. If it is historical then it can be flawed even when it is inspired. Even the most inspired passages in the Bible speak to us in the language of their own time and use symbols that are appropriate only to the paradigms of a particular age.

According to responsible scholarship the Book of Revelations contains prophecies of events that were supposed to occur in its own time, less than a century after the life of Jesus. We know that the Antichrist was the Emperor Nero because the number 666 refers to his name when analyzed according to an ancient system of numerology. Nero is infamous for his brutal persecution of Christianity and is therefore an Antichrist in the true sense of the word.

Even though the number 666 refers to the Emperor Nero it has an additional meaning. Notice that 666 is twice 333. The number 333 could be the age of Jesus when he died on the cross---which might have been 33 years and 3 months. The Spring Equinox occurs 3 months after the Winter Solstice, so if Jesus was symbolically born on December 25 his death would have symbolically occurred on March 25. (His actual birthday was probably not in December). The final 6 in the number 666 must therefore refer to the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year and the day after which the light begins to decrease. Nero was born in 34 CE and the 66th year after his birth is 100 CE. Therefore the evil power of the Antichrist will be fulfilled on the symbolic (not actual) Summer Solstice 100 years after Jesus was born. Even though the numbers are symbolic it would be interesting to know what occurred in the year 100 CE. The Emperor Trajan ruled Rome at the time when the Roman Empire reached its greatest size and military power. The Empire was therefore at a symbolic solstice or longest day, after which its light would diminish.

My analysis of the numbers shows that the Antichrist was associated with the Roman Empire, which was the basis of his worldly power. Since the term Antichrist was used for the Emperor Nero, it follows that the other Antichrists (for there are more than one of them) must be like Nero. If we did wish to apply the Book of Revelations to our age, the Antichrist of the 20th century must have been Adolf Hitler, and certainly not a true spiritual teacher like Maitreya (a common Christian accusation). The Bodhisattva Maitreya did live during the reign of Nero, by the way. According to my occult insight he was incarnate as Apollonius of Tyana, a man who was not similar to Nero in any significant way.

Below: The Emperor Nero was the first Antichrist and the model for those that would follow.

Nero 2.jpeg

Edited by Marion Jenis
clarity
  • Like 1

Except.... the number isn’t 666, it’s 616. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Marion Jenis said:

I do not wish to deprecate the Evangelical churches in any way, but they lack a tradition of scholarship. Real scholarship can be found in the Roman Catholic Church, the mainline Protestant denominations such as the Lutheran and the Anglican or Episcopalian Churches, and the Eastern Orthodox Churches. If I wish to understand the Bible in a responsible rather than sensational way I will study the works of their scholars. They are grounded in history and have a thorough knowledge of ancient languages, and are not afraid to treat the Bible itself as an historical document. If it is historical then it can be flawed even when it is inspired. Even the most inspired passages in the Bible speak to us in the language of their own time and use symbols that are appropriate only to the paradigms of a particular age.

According to responsible scholarship the Book of Revelations contains prophecies of events that were supposed to occur in its own time, less than a century after the life of Jesus. We know that the Antichrist was the Emperor Nero because the number 666 refers to his name when analyzed according to an ancient system of numerology. Nero is infamous for his brutal persecution of Christianity and is therefore an Antichrist in the true sense of the word.

Even though the number 666 refers to the Emperor Nero it has an additional meaning. Notice that 666 is twice 333. The number 333 could be the age of Jesus when he died on the cross---which might have been 33 years and 3 months. The Spring Equinox occurs 3 months after the Winter Solstice, so if Jesus was symbolically born on December 25 his death would have symbolically occurred on March 25. (His actual birthday was probably not in December). The final 6 in the number 666 must therefore refer to the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year and the day after which the light begins to decrease. Nero was born in 34 CE and the 66th year after his birth is 100 CE. Therefore the evil power of the Antichrist will be fulfilled on the symbolic (not actual) Summer Solstice 100 years after Jesus was born. Even though the numbers are symbolic it would be interesting to know what occurred in the year 100 CE. The Emperor Trajan ruled Rome at the time when the Roman Empire reached its greatest size and military power. The Empire was therefore at a symbolic solstice or longest day, after which its light would diminish.

My analysis of the numbers shows that the Antichrist was associated with the Roman Empire, which was the basis of his worldly power. Since the term Antichrist was used for the Emperor Nero, it follows that the other Antichrists (for there are more than one of them) must be like Nero. If we did wish to apply the Book of Revelations to our age, the Antichrist of the 20th century must have been Adolf Hitler, and certainly not a true spiritual teacher like Maitreya (a common Christian accusation). The Bodhisattva Maitreya did live during the reign of Nero, by the way. According to my occult insight he was incarnate as Apollonius of Tyana, a man who was not similar to Nero in any significant way.

Below: The Emperor Nero was the first Antichrist and the model for those that would follow.

The decision to move the date of Christ's birth to December happened several centuries after the time of Christ, and (consequently) several centuries after St. John Revelator.

Killed that theory even faster than its reliance on numerology. Not as fast as Sir Hat's observation.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Marion Jenis said:

not a true spiritual teacher like Maitreya (a common Christian accusation). The Bodhisattva Maitreya did live during the reign of Nero, by the way. According to my occult insight he was incarnate as Apollonius of Tyana,

Maitreya in real Buddhism is...

A. Will not make a appearance until Buddhism is forgotten.

B. A metaphor

How many times do I have to post this on here........

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Maitreya in real Buddhism is...

A. Will not make a appearance until Buddhism is forgotten.

B. A metaphor

How many times do I have to post this on here........

Who am I going to trust, you with your facts and knowledge, or the OP with his "occult insight"?

I mean, damn, how far out in the fringe do you have to be to not be able to find someone to back up your "insight"?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 7

Just now, jaylemurph said:

Who am I going to trust, you with your facts and knowledge, or the OP with his "occult insight"?

I mean, damn, how far out in the fringe do you have to be to not be able to find someone to back up your "insight"?

--Jaylemurph

What do you always say about Theosophy? 

• Like 2

See below.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Marion Jenis said:

That's some shoehorning you did there!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Read some of his other threads if you to see some shoehorning...:blink:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Read some of his other threads if you to see some shoehorning...:blink:

Oh, I have.

I just haven't felt compelled to reply 'til now. How do you follow "might haves" and "could haves" with "therefore must be" in the same paragraphs?

• Like 6

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Oh, I have.

I just haven't felt compelled to reply 'til now. How do you follow "might haves" and "could haves" with "therefore must be" in the same paragraphs?

:lol: That's how occult insight works.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Except.... the number isn’t 666, it’s 616

I didn't know that---I have not heard anything about the number 616, so maybe you could explain it to us. :)

1 minute ago, Marion Jenis said:

I didn't know that---I have not heard anything about the number 616, so maybe you could explain it to us. :)

In the oldest sruviving fragments of the Book of Revelations the number of the Great Beast is given as 616.

That's why Alan Moore made the Marvel Universe "Multi Verse Nr. 616"

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

My language is not quite right---so the professor rightly grades the paper down. But in every case the "therefore must be" refers to a symbol. I should have said "it seems to me to mean (whatever)". It is always a humbling experience to post an article on Unexplained Mysteries.

• Like 1

Just now, Marion Jenis said:

It is always a humbling experience to post an article on Unexplained Mysteries.

:lol:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marion Jenis said:

but they lack a tradition of scholarship

Pot kettle award! :tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is my 1,250th lifetime as a Bodhisattva. My teachers waited for the “round number” to tell me this, as I became aware of several dozen lifetimes stretching into the distant past. I began my career as a Bodhisattva 200,000 years ago when “Mitochondrial Eve” lived. (She is the physical ancestor of all humanity, according to the recent science). Clearly a reconsideration and reevaluation was in order, especially since violent deaths twelve times in the Age of Pisces alone have traumatized me.

I still like this claim! :lol:

I am glad to be of service to all who read this. I am the Bodhisattva Jnana Chandra, pronounced GYA-na CHAN-dra. Here is a statue from Java of my teacher Prajnaparamita. I know who she is in her present embodiment, but she asked me not to tell anyone.

and this one....:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On October 24, 2016 Tara, who also called herself Sophia, descended into my body and I became one with her. On March 31, 2017 Maitreya came to me in the company of the Maha Chohan, Kuthumi, Djwal Khul, Morya, and (as a witness) the Master of the Dark Brotherhood. Maitreya told me that he could no longer stay in London because of the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and finally Yemen, which the US Air Force had bombed extensively in the first week of March. At that meeting and a month later he gave me a certain title and responsibility. He departed to return to the Himalayas but reemerged in August thanks to my satisfactory work. But he went to Mt. Shasta, not London, in order to be close to me, for I live in Los Angeles, California. There will not be a special “Day of Declaration” as Benjamin Creme foretold, but Maitreya’s work will continue without the publicity of that event.

This one is a hoot! 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marion Jenis said:

My language is not quite right---so the professor rightly grades the paper down. But in every case the "therefore must be" refers to a symbol. I should have said "it seems to me to mean (whatever)". It is always a humbling experience to post an article on Unexplained Mysteries.

ROFL. I will give you that, Marion :D 

• Like 1

Far as the idea that Nero was one of the prototypes of the antichrist/Beast or even THE anti-christ is a fairly widespread idea within Biblical circles. Not fully accepted as some think it is still ahead, but others do think these things come in types, hence one will see several similar over long periods. 

I am ok with thinking of Nero and Hitler and those sorts as being like that. 

But, I think the OP's point was that evangelicals don't think this, or are idiots or something along those lines and so what I think doesn't matter. 

Nothing to see here :).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

ROFL. I will give you that, Marion :D 

Out of all the Newage wannabe "prophets?" I run down. This guy is the most enjoyable. .....Well I have to go make a "shaman?" bury their sweat lodge on Sunday and that will be fun....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Best reply to post I have seen in while.

• Like 2