Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Sighted Over Agean Sea From Jet

Hermai

Looks a little bit like a missile launch.

• Like 2

looks metallic, thin, wing like and travelling at speed enough to keep up with a commercial plane but not fast enough to over take it. very weird. 

They were zooming in, so it could have been a missile launch from a distance, however it would seem odd to launch with an aircraft relatively close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

This video is the real deal. I dreampt something akin to this once.

i would ask if anyone else on the plane could see it- and maybe even film it as well... what would you do?

26 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i would ask if anyone else on the plane could see it- and maybe even film it as well... what would you do?

Turn the volume up on the my ipod.  :lol:

Edited by OverSword

I would say it could be a fighter jet. All you can see on the video clip is the contrail, the aircraft that is leaving it is not seen. The contrail looks quite smoky, maybe it's Russian ? 

Well, it's certainly odd..(unless of course it's just some very clever and elaborate hoax) ?...as it certainly wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Either way, surely other passengers on the plane must have seen it as well. Yet all we could mainly hear in the audio were the people who filmed it. I would imagine that there would be far more discussion / chatter / noise made from other passengers as well... especially concerning witnessing such an unusual event ?..

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Well, it's certainly odd..(unless of course it's just some very clever and elaborate hoax) ?...as it certainly wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Either way, surely other passengers on the plane must have seen it as well. Yet all we could mainly hear in the audio were the people who filmed it. I would imagine that there would be far more discussion / chatter / noise made from other passengers as well... especially concerning witnessing such an unusual event ?..

yep

A Russian Soyuz-FG rocket has successfully blasted three crew members into space in their Soyuz MS-08 spacecraft. The rocket lifted off at 17:44 UTC, March 21st 2018 from Site 1/5 of the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. The Expedition 55 crew consists of Russian cosmonaut and Soyuz commander Oleg Artemyev and NASA astronauts Andrew J. Feustel & Richard R. Arnold. The crew will dock to the International Space Station on Friday, March 23rd 2018.

Just flew over Turkey somewhere over Izmir and Khios Agean sea, heading into Athens around 4.30pm today we'd 21 March 2018. It appears to be flying away at rightangles from our commercial jet and somehow without either of us appearing to turn we end up almost following it.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Kazachstan&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IE8SRC&pc=EUPP_

They were over Turkey heading towards Greece. Looking back to the right would be Kazakhstan.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 6

The video starts out with the object (or exhaust trail) slanting well over to the right.  It moves fairly quickly over a range of angles, until slanting well to the left, then continues the process until pointing almost horizontally to the left. Rockets roll over from vertical to a slant, on their way to orbit. I've never heard of one  that slanted first one way, then vertical, then slanting in the opposite direction, as this object appears to do. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bison said:

The video starts out with the object (or exhaust trail) slanting well over to the right.  It moves fairly quickly over a range of angles, until slanting well to the left, then continues the process until pointing almost horizontally to the left. Rockets roll over from vertical to a slant, on their way to orbit. I've never heard of one  that slanted first one way, then vertical, then slanting in the opposite direction, as this object appears to do. 

i couldn't be bothered to mention this myself- but seeing you've taken the time to say it then I agree.....

if it's supposed to be exhaust etc then the whole thing wouldn't just rotate like that....

apparently, no one else see it (going by the little bit of research i've done)

so for me i concluded probably CGI/ fake.............. but what do i know

6 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

This video is the real deal.

or maybe it's not? but who am i to argue with a dream, eh? have fun;)

Edited by Dejarma

9 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

so for me i concluded probably CGI/ fake..............

Yeah, I thought the same thing at first, especially considering the fake UFO stuff that some idiots post on youtube.

But I'm now going with the explanation of the rocket and crew that were heading to the ISS to dock after what @South Alabam had earlier posted.

After watching the video again, you could see the rocket veering well away from the commercial jet, no doubt heading off further into orbit. Still tho, I would have thought that more people aboard the plane would have been babbling on more about it. Either way, lucky for the folk that caught such an awesome event on their camera.  

8 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

trajectory is far too flat after piercing the clouds. id say its an aircraft of some kind. prolly an older fighter jet like someone else has already pointed out. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

It looks like plane contrail.., or a missile. But the way it maneuvers at the beginning of the film does not match the characteristics of a plane or missile.

The smoke / vapours would not rotate in that manner imo.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Agreed..And let's not forget what the "U" in UFO stands for.

• Like 1

I don't think the view of the object/ trail would change enough, in such a short time, to explain the way it appears to change  it's orientation by something like 120 degrees.  A jet plane?  The angle of climb looks too great in the earlier part of the video.  I agree that a rocket bound for orbit wouldn't be changing to a nearly horizontal trajectory at such a low altitude as this appears to be.  

Edited by bison
improved composition

The way I see it is this:

The object is not close. The camera zooms way in to get a closer view. So it is pretty far away.

The Soviet rocket launch In Kazakhstan was heading to the ISS. It launched at 5:45 PM. The aircraft spotted it at 4:30. They are clearly a time zone away, so the time is relatively the same.

The aircraft spots an object spewing smoke and it levels off seemingly at the same altitude as the aircraft, however from that distance because of the earths curvature it is probably much higher.  The rocket obviously is spewing smoke as well.

The rocket launch video taken close to the launch pad shows the rocket climb straight up then begins to taper off for trajectory at 1100 mph at the 70 second mark. Even if an average climb of 550 mph was used as an example for this launch, the rocket in 70 seconds from lift off would have attained an altitude of 56,420 feet in that time.

The object, the time, and the direction from the aircraft all match the soviet launch to the ISS.

• Like 1

Original footage in higher resolution here.

The uploader seems to be normal and not claiming it to be ET. Just asking what it is.

• Like 1

Response to South Alabam;  Both Greece and Turkey, on either side of the Aegean Sea, are in the GMT + 2 time zone. Kazakhstan is in time zones  GMT + 5 and + 6. If the rocket was launched at 5:45 p.m., Kazakhstan local time, it would have been seen shortly after 1:45 or 2:45 p.m. local time at the location of the airliner.  But, as you say, the unidentified object was sighted at 4:30 p.m.

Edited by bison
added salutation, corrected spelling, added qualification.
  • Like 1

It's clearly a UFO on it's way back to the mother ship to have that bad exhaust problem fixed.:D

Edited by Why not
Forgot the smiley face
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Why not said:

It's clearly a UFO on it's way back to the mother ship to have that bad exhaust problem fixed.:D

Most likely a bird 5 miles away :)

Edited by Fila
Forgot the smiley face :)