Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. scientists building eerie weapon

Unusual Tournament

Laser Cannon That Shoots Disembodied VoicesThis may sound like an odd cross between a near-future war movie and a horror flick, but it’s a very real concept the Pentagon’s central less-than-lethal weapon office, called the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate (JNLWD), is working on. This specific project, called Non-Lethal Laser Induced Plasma Effects (NL LIPE), aims to have a perfected a beam that can produce audible instructions and commands to an individual or a small group of people within three years and maybe have a practical prototype system ready in five years.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/19568/us-military-scientists-are-building-a-laser-cannon-that-shoots-disembodied-voices

• Like 2

Why are they bothering with zillions of expenditure on mind control weapons? They've been using them for years, even if their effectiveness has, well, patchy.  Here's a small list of some of the sophisticated thought control weapons the US Establishment has:

The Washington Post

CNN

The New York Times

Facebook

• Like 5

Vlad got there before me. :D

Where you reading my mind?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Why are they bothering with zillions of expenditure on mind control weapons? They've been using them for years, even if their effectiveness has, well, patchy.  Here's a small list of some of the sophisticated thought control weapons the US Establishment has:

The Washington Post

CNN

The New York Times

Facebook

And they all, to a name, sold out to try to destroy Trump :D  I'd say their effectiveness has been less than patchy, at least where even slightly critical thinkers are concerned ;) 

• Like 1

From the OP, "....aims to have a perfected a beam that can produce audible instructions and commands....".

An earie eerie weapon.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

They say it will be out within 3 years. If hypnosis is real.., this could be really cool weapon.

Edited by Fila

Wonder if this thing was pointed at Cuba a few months ago?

Edited by mesuma
  • Like 3

I found it interesting that it creates plasma balls. I noticed that they are found around military R&D places and are reported as UFOs sometimes. 

Now we know what else they are playing with, disembodied voices through  laser technology! 

• Like 1

From the OP: "the chilling invention is designed to disperse crowds, quell riots and discourage violence" or encourage it, if the right disembodied words are spoken among a crowd. 

You don't even need undercover agents anymore. 

I am also a bit concerned about the "thermal discomfort effect": what if they aim it wrongly and heat someone's skin face to 100° c? Or it's shot into an eye? Or the person's cloths are flammable? 

I don't see it very non-lethal. 

On 3/24/2018 at 5:57 AM, Eldorado said:

From the OP, "....aims to have a perfected a beam that can produce audible instructions and commands....".

An earie eerie weapon.

If it actually causes auditory hallucinations, it's more than eerie, it's downright creepy.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, and then said:

If it actually causes auditory hallucinations, it's more than eerie, it's downright creepy.  

Yep.  They could have you hearing the mother-in-law all day and night. Lucky for us it's our own noble psycho scientists who are in there first and not some Rusiian ratbag psycho scientists.

• Like 1

Funny to watch, that every thread, always turns in to a pro or con Trump topic. Well, most of us non-Americans don't give af flying f. about yellow hair...

13 hours ago, wgallo said:

WHY??? Why divulge those news? so chinese and russians can prepare for it??? what the hell...

China and Russia have both 'unveiled' new weaponry over the last couple of weeks, clearly the US military industrial complex needed to have their members measured as well. 

Where did you get mind control that is a speak and light show?  Just think what Pink Floyd would have done with this technology!  They have lasers that can turn a glass window into a speaker now.

Edited by travelnjones

This is why American citizens need to maintain their 2nd Amendment rights.