Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Students get stones to ward off shooters

Still Waters

3 hours ago, Gunn said:

Yeah I'm just curious as to how well the idea would really work, plus it would be scientific and experimental and give us a final conclusion. But I don't think it could prove much of anything unless you marked the shooter in the head. Because have you ever been in a rock fight when you was a kid?  I have and I've been hit in the head a couple of times, specifically in the eye and you at least get temporarily blinded if not in severe pain.  Lol - that was before they had the invention of paintball. Yeah that's how old I am. :D

Anyway, a long enough distraction to take the shooter down when you can't see anything or you're dazed.

Edit to add: Oops! Correction. I meant long enough to distract the shooter when "he\she" can't see anything or dazed.

Water balloons? I agree that they need to plan and practice a defence strategy. Lol, I don't think paintballs would go over well but I like the idea. I know what you're saying about getting hit in the the face. I got nailed by a clay ball (less damage) thrown by my brother. Dropped me in my tracks. Blind for two weeks. Bonus, got to wear an eye patch for those two weeks. Also, try running with no depth perception.:)

Hank

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Water balloons? I agree that they need to plan and practice a defence strategy. Lol, I don't think paintballs would go over well but I like the idea. I know what you're saying about getting hit in the the face. I got nailed by a clay ball (less damage) thrown by my brother. Dropped me in my tracks. Blind for two weeks. Bonus, got to wear an eye patch for those two weeks. Also, try running with no depth perception.:)

Hank

Well I don't know. I'm not sure there is a device to shoot water balloons like a paintball gun does. So the experimental scenario probably wouldn't be as close to accuracy as possible. But maybe the water balloons could be just as good a substitute as individual paintballs for rocks.

I know what you're saying about getting hit in the the face. I got nailed by a clay ball (less damage) thrown by my brother. Dropped me in my tracks. Blind for two weeks. Bonus, got to wear an eye patch for those two weeks. Also, try running with no depth perception.:)

Hank

Lol yeah, I got to do the eye patch thing too. Although it had more to do with hiding the big ass shiner I had until it finally healed. :D Blindness didn't last as long as that bruise did.

Edited by Gunn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 12:48 AM, Captain Risky said:

being in lock down mustn't have been a pleasant experience. i hope it all ended well. yea, it is hard to understand how a bucket of stones is going to stop a gun. maybe it's meant to be symbolic resistance, you know like never give up and fight back with whatever you have? maybe the teacher is trying to evoke the biblical tale of David and Goliath. hard to say. personally, i think its not a case of stones or guns but finding someone crazy enough to step up and actually go and virtually hunt down someone better armed than him/her. another avenue to consider would be that i wouldn't be surprised if certain teachers are already in secret conceal and carry mode and this is some kind of message that this school will fight back.  

Unfortunately it wasn't pleasant. Granted I would have taken the lockdown over a shooting, but everyone was nervous if not fearful. Perhaps it would have been more comfortable to move about, but we were not allowed. Sucked for the ones stuck outside...

As for the possibility of a metaphor, I certainly hope so.

• Like 1