Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

March for Our Lives Rally To End Gun Violence

Daughter of the Nine Moons

• The title was changed to March for Our Lives Rally To End Gun Violence
6 minutes ago, skliss said:

Kind of ironic that they are protected by armed guards.

I love the 'STILL WITH HER" shirt.  :w00t:  She should have been closer, she was needed on that trip to India ;)  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

These kids are so impressive. 

manly-tears.jpg

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

It sums up quite nicely what they're protesting about, doesn't it? 

Perhaps for you.  What I see are a bunch of people standing behind kids to further a political agenda.  Young people have every right to protest peacefully, just like all American citizens.  What they do NOT have a right to is the veto of the rights of millions of Americans that have not done, nor will DO them any harm.  Follow the $.  This protest is so full of memes that it would be comical, were the subject matter not so grave.  ENFORCE the laws that already exist.  Spend the money to make the physical facilities of the schools more secure.  Fail to do these things and more needless deaths WILL be in the news.  Try to actually take the guns and the bloodletting at schools will pale in comparison to what will be seen around this country.  Don't believe it?  Let them try.  

• Like 7

Would be more impressed with adults trying to find a workable solution since they're the ones making the decisions/choices/laws. It's sad when kids have to tell the adults what to do. 

cormac

• Like 4

1 minute ago, and then said:

Young people have every right to protest peacefully, just like all American citizens.  What they do NOT have a right to is the veto of the rights of millions of Americans that have not done, nor will DO them any harm.

If you're anti gay marriage, then the irony here is stupendous.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Would be more impressed with adults trying to find a workable solution since they're the ones making the decisions/choices/laws. It's sad when kids have to tell the adults what to do. 

Cormac

I'd say it's sad, but at the same time inspirational, since it gives us hope for a better future.

• Like 5

For years we've been protecting all the things society considers important without taking so much as one gun away from a lawful owner.  What we need to be asking is why have we neglected to protect the kids.  Why isn't that the focus now?  We know how to make buildings and their contents secure but nobody has a clue on how to eliminate millions of guns from a society that has grown up with them.  That makes this a waste of time and resources.  March for something that can actually be done.  Where are the Mothers for Metal Detectors?  Students for Secure Schools?  Teachers Tactical Team?  There are many effective solutions that could be implemented in a year or less yet we celebrate the people who march for the one that will never happen.

• Like 4

How brave and what a wake up call. America your children are speaking up. Listen to them. The winds of change have begun to blow. Good for them :)

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

It sums up quite nicely what they're protesting about, doesn't it? 

I actually think they went overboard with the protection for this event. And I didn't say that on some level there isnt a point to be made, I just think they need to look deeply at the people who are pushing/using them. Maybe it's also a good life lesson for this generation. It will teach them to not take things or people at face value. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skliss said:

I actually think they went overboard with the protection for this event. And I didn't say that on some level there isnt a point to be made, I just think they need to look deeply at the people who are pushing/using them. Maybe it's also a good life lesson for this generation. It will teach them to not take things or people at face value. 

Sorry? Who's pushing/using them?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, skliss said:

Are you saying they are all mindless sheep ?

• Like 2

--- 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
there's really no point is there

Are you saying that a lot of teens aren't mindless sheep? I think "mindless sheep" is an actual stage of development.

As for them being used, yeah, I believe there is a background force that will use this to promote their own agendas and be thrilled to do it. The fact that Clooney, Oprah and Speilberg donated $500,000 dollars to make this march happen says quite a bit.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, skliss said:

Are you saying that a lot of teens aren't mindless sheep? I think "mindless sheep" is an actual stage of development.

As for them being used, yeah, I believe there is a background force that will use this to promote their own agendas and be thrilled to do it. The fact that Clooney, Oprah and Speilberg donated $500,000 dollars to make this march happen says quite a bit.

Do you mean the Democrats?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, skliss said:

So more power to Clooney. Oprah and Spielberg ! What is wrong to rally nationwide to demand gun control ?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Do you mean the Democrats?

Where did I say that? One of the biggest fallacies going is that all Republicans own guns...we don't.....and that no Democrats do....all my hunting loving Democrat cousins ....And I know up to my 5th cousins....will fight anyone tooth and nail who try to take their guns. P.S. I think the fact that neither Clooney, Winfrey or Speilberg would let a group of these kids into the same room with them, without a few gun toting bodyguards there, makes them all giant hypocrites.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, skliss said:

Don't be jealous. Russia donated a lot more to NRA.  

• Like 6

Just now, skliss said:

Where did I say that? One of the biggest fallacies going is that all Republicans own guns...we don't.....and that no Democrats do....all my hunting loving Democrat cousins ....And I know up to my 5th cousins....will fight anyone tooth and nail who try to take their guns. P.S. I think the fact that neither Clooney, Winfrey or Speilberg would let a group of these kids into the same room with them, without a few gun toting bodyguards there, makes them all giant hypocrites.

well, you were suggesting or implying a secret agenda by some shadowy forces or other, and they don't come much shadowier than the Democrats. 

• Like 3

Just now, thedutchiedutch said:

So more power to Clooney. Oprah and Spielberg ! What is wrong to rally nationwide to demand gun control ?

There is already gun control. What the backers, the people not above using naive kids, want is to get rid of guns....except for their personal protection details.

• Like 7