Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

March for Our Lives Rally To End Gun Violence

Daughter of the Nine Moons

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Don't be jealous. Russia donated a lot more to NRA.  

That was really dumb.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Don't be jealous. Russia donated a lot more to NRA.  

Well done! You manage to blame Putin for everything!  He's behind gun violence by funding the NRA; he wants to disarm America by taking away citizens' ability to defend themselves! He's the all-purpose genius!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

well, you were suggesting or implying a secret agenda by some shadowy forces or other, and they don't come much shadowier than the Democrats. 

Can't argue with that...lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skliss said:

There is already gun control. What the backers, the people not above using naive kids, want is to get rid of guns....except for their personal protection details.

Keep believing this. This is exactly why the USA is the only so called "developed" country in this world with this problem. Just keep ignoring this until the next tragedy :(

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, skliss said:

That was really dumb.

Yup. It's obviously really dumb to simply take easily traceable money. Like no one will ever ask why would someone invest abominable sum in particular organisation.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Well done! You manage to blame Putin for everything!  He's behind gun violence by funding the NRA; he wants to disarm America by taking away citizens' ability to defend themselves! He's the all-purpose genius!

10E709C1-6DE0-4B32-B34A-C717793E9D64.jpeg.010410df01fdba665cd6bb15f311345a.jpeg

• Like 5

Ohh sweet baby cheeses, this one is even better - AND it’s not photoshop.

036AAB95-EA49-43E9-B09D-DCA0A9F66469.jpeg.2e64433fc739d2dde9a41c7aed714bb2.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, and then said:

Perhaps for you.  What I see are a bunch of people standing behind kids to further a political agenda.  Young people have every right to protest peacefully, just like all American citizens.  What they do NOT have a right to is the veto of the rights of millions of Americans that have not done, nor will DO them any harm.  Follow the $.  This protest is so full of memes that it would be comical, were the subject matter not so grave.  ENFORCE the laws that already exist.  Spend the money to make the physical facilities of the schools more secure.  Fail to do these things and more needless deaths WILL be in the news.  Try to actually take the guns and the bloodletting at schools will pale in comparison to what will be seen around this country.  Don't believe it?  Let them try.  

Nobody wants the responsible gun owners punished and if you follow the $ as you put it. The NRA and several of it's members make quite a bit of money out of mass shootings. Not too mention the political spending. It's an entire industry dependent on keeping the NRA valid.

If the NRA was just about training people and increasing responsibility and awareness, the way it was intended it would not be anywhere as financially bouyant as it is now a Second amendment fighter using tactix to scare it's members into thinking any change means you lose all of your guns.

The NRA give people a bogey man to fear and offer sweet protection. Yet it is incredibly obvious to many that the Bogeyman is good for the NRA and does not appear to exsist outside of the negative advertising. They are incredibly manipulative in the handling of thier members and that alone should be a reason to follow the $. It is not hidden but it is filtered through more sources than the NRA itself.

• Like 8

I can't say I really agree with the mentality of banning everything dangerous because of a small number of violent people.  Either these shootings have been going on unrecorded for over a hundred years, or something with the kids themselves have changed in recent years.  The media making sure every person who does something like this gets their moment of fame afterwards isn't helping things either.

• Like 4

Nope, there's absolutely nothing artificial and orchestrated about any of this. It's all just an organic gathering, from Africa to Florida, of like-minded individuals. None of the protesters are targeting the NRA at all. They just want common sense gun laws is all. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

How brave and what a wake up call. America your children are speaking up. Listen to them. The winds of change have begun to blow. Good for them :)

"This land is your land, this land is my land." "We shall overcome, we shall overcome." "Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya." "The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Keep believing this. This is exactly why the USA is the only so called "developed" country in this world with this problem. Just keep ignoring this until the next tragedy :(

Ahh yes...the next "tragedy".  Let me tell you a bit about it.  It will happen in a matter of months, maybe weeks.  It will be a white male, probably in his 20's, on the trigger of an AR type rifle.  He will shoot as many as he can in a few minutes then shoot himself as cops arrive.  The same questions will be asked, the same voices will rage and the post-mortem on the whole event will come down to a few salient points.  He will have left indications of what he was planning.  Someone in his orbit will have suspected what he intended to do and no one will have attempted to stop him.  There will be no proof that removing guns from our culture would have stopped him, specifically, yet the howls of disgust will be full-throated and we, here, will chew the same dirt and come to the same conclusions.  

The key part of the story will be HOW he got onto the campus with the weapon and why he couldn't have been taken down sooner, while more victims still had a chance.  I firmly believe that it is the destructive, mind-numbing culture that our freewheeling friends on the Left have created that has led to these blood orgies.  That said, I refuse to let them benefit from these horrors by taking my rights away as a result of the soul sickness they have spread.  

Parkland is the perfect storm of reasons why giving a government MORE control is the worst solution.  These kids need to grow the hell up and if they want to demand change then let it begin with them.  Let THEM start watching for signs of insanity amongst their peers and reporting it in time!  Let THEM police their own communities and classrooms for indications of desperation and reach out to the marginalized or angry and try to be a friend in one way or another.  If that fails then they need to learn that seeing something and saying something isn't just a trite slogan, it's life insurance.

• Like 6

It's kind of weird seeing kids marching for causes they don't fully understand, on behalf of teachers/parents/donors who would be more successful in their crusades with a child's face on the cover.

Students plan pro-life walkout

“If schools, not only just our school and our administration, but across the country are going to allow one group of students to get up during class and walk out to protest one issue, would they still give the same courtesy to another group of students who wanted to protest…abortion?” Benzel told “Fox & Friends.”

Eh, I'm not sure how I feel about this developing trend

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skliss said:

There is already gun control. What the backers, the people not above using naive kids, want is to get rid of guns....except for their personal protection details.

Working gun control? Gun control that actually stops people who are disqualified from purchasing a gun from purchasing a gun?

There needs to be changes. And if the next generation of voters, have to protest to achieve that, as an Adult, I will support them.

And these kids are not naive. Not the ones who live in areas they don't leave thier own homes because of gun deaths or who have been through gun violence. Thier innocents is lost.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

This is why it's all about mobilizing the troops, rather than convincing the masses. A significant portion of the population is purely brainwashed by pro-gun propaganda, and there's no amount of statistical proof you could ever present to them to convince them otherwise. That's why I support these kids doing what they're doing. If enough rational and sane people gather together, we can enact the change we so desperately need.

Politics has just become so partisan now days, that it's not about convincing people to come to your side. That just isn't gonna happen. It's about mobilizing those who are already on your side to move for legislation en-masse.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Nope, there's absolutely nothing artificial and orchestrated about any of this. It's all just an organic gathering, from Africa to Florida, of like-minded individuals. None of the protesters are targeting the NRA at all. They just want common sense gun laws is all. :rolleyes:

Hypothetically speaking: so what if they were? I'm not gonna waste my time debating over who or what organized these protests, etc. I'm just asking a simple question: what exactly are you suggesting here? What is so nefarious about political groups organizing these kids protests to combat the NRA? Even if it were true. So what? I don't see what the big deal is.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Kismit said:

And these kids are not naive. Not the ones who live in areas they don't leave thier own homes because of gun deaths or who have been through gun violence. Thier innocents is lost.

The "Crack Eighties" staying with my Indian Grandmother in Camden, New Jersey to go to my "special" school. YAY!  My older sister got into the habit of covering us.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

Nobody wants the responsible gun owners punished

what is a: 'responsible gun owner' exactly? were not all illegal guns once legal-- am i right in saying an illegal gun is a stolen gun?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what is a: 'responsible gun owner' exactly? were not all illegal guns once legal-- am i right in saying an illegal gun is a stolen gun?

Having had this conversation in the past - responsible gun owners are the ones who lock up their guns and report their loss to the police, the ones who train their kids to respect and use safely guns etc. 

• Like 7

This is a epidemic in our country... The kids in schools are sick and tired of being target practice... Nothing will change until some ones famous or "important" child is gunned down, then maybe only then will it change and get the attention it needs... I worked for over 46 years in different areas and never once thought that I had worry about someone coming into my office to shoot me or my coworkers. Ask any child in any school in this country about that and listen to what they have to say... 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Having had this conversation in the past - responsible gun owners are the ones who lock up their guns and report their loss to the police, the ones who train their kids to respect and use safely guns etc. 

well yeah of course but how can anyone know how many 'illegal guns' are out there? has there been an official estimate?

responsible gun owners might well say things like:

very few gun related crimes are committed by responsible gun owners.. though many might say not so responsible hence millions of illegal guns??? i don't get it?

Edited by Dejarma

46 minutes ago, Setton said:

They already do.  

The trouble is geniuses like you, when they report these things, saying 'well he might be a dangerous, homicidal, suicidal maniac, but we won't take his guns because they're HIS RIGHT. 

Idiots. 

To leap to And Then defence - he and others HAVE in the past said that people who are unstable shouldn’t have access to guns. They lay the blame at the feet of irresponsible gun owners for allowing people in the middle of psychotic episodes to have access to guns.

• Like 4