Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Old Winchester Mystery House photo found

UM-Bot

What a great find but I can't find the 2nd person in the photo , I can see the girl on the horse , are they sitting in front of the window on the porch ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ozfactor said:

What a great find but I can't find the 2nd person in the photo , I can see the girl on the horse , are they sitting in front of the window on the porch ?

On the bench by the tree..bottom left corner. I can just barely make her out though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, .saraharas. said:

On the bench by the tree..bottom left corner. I can just barely make her out though. 

It looks like she was cut off in the frame.  I can see her arm, maybe her knees... or that could just be imagination.  The actual photo probably is clearer.  There is a movie that debuted in early February that tells the story (as only Hollywood can) of her, her house and their, er, eccentricities.   WINCHESTER 2018

• Like 1

There is a figure sitting on a bench on the right of the picture.  Could this be a typo in the original description?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

There is a figure sitting on a bench on the right of the picture.  Could this be a typo in the original description?

Excellent!  You spotted her.  I was looking in the lower left side.  She appeared to be a rather full-bodied lady when this picture was snapped.  I assume that the picture matches others of her so that they can confirm the identity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozfactor said:

I found her , she is hiding up the tree on the left 

Yes, I can see that one, but there's also a woman in an upstairs window, sitting in a rocking chair, holding an AK-47. :yes:

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

Ahh..yes you are right. There she is! That's a much better figure then the one I was trying to see on the left. :lol:

• Like 2

The structure, and facade were so much altered from the original design, that it's hard to tell if this is the same house that formed the basis of the Winchester House. I see what could be a figure sitting on what could be a bench at the lower right of the image, near the edge of the circular path in front of the house, along a line formed by the base of the house. Even with maximum magnification there's no telling, really. It could just be a bush. 

Edited by bison
corrected mispelling
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, acute said:

Yes, I can see that one, but there's also a woman in an upstairs window, sitting in a rocking chair, holding an AK-47. :yes:

Accept NO substitutes... :w00t: