Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

''Butcher of Syria'' army enters Ayn Tarma

Sir Smoke aLot

27 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

So don't play on that card anymore it should be reserved for newbies in the subject.

Truth has a power that never grows old from use.  The history is clear and the reason there is no Palestinian state is that they refuse to share the land with Jews.  It will be their undoing, in time.

13 minutes ago, and then said:

Truth has a power that never grows old from use.  The history is clear and the reason there is no Palestinian state is that they refuse to share the land with Jews.  It will be their undoing, in time.

We have two truths but that's the difference between two of us, no need to go into details such as what is recognized under international law and what isn't :) 

What do you think about yesterday's message which Trump made in Ohio? Just usual politician language where ''very soon'' can be seen as very broad time span? Something really (and finally) pro-USA might actually happen from USA administration?

On 30-3-2018 at 2:41 PM, Sir Smoke aLot said:

We have two truths but that's the difference between two of us, no need to go into details such as what is recognized under international law and what isn't :) 

What do you think about yesterday's message which Trump made in Ohio? Just usual politician language where ''very soon'' can be seen as very broad time span? Something really (and finally) pro-USA might actually happen from USA administration?

I wouldnt hold my breath, Ssal. I would personally be inclined to expect this to be a prelude to an 'expected unexpected event' (..member the 'known unknowns comment ;-), paving the way for the Donald to claim; "See, I intended to take the US out, I intended to make good on my election promises, but in the light of this most recent violation of human rights (rofl), I can do not other than to 'intervene'.

Color me paranoid, but recent and not so recent events / facts have motivated me to stand extremely sceptical towards these sort of 'promises'.

• Like 1

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 6:19 PM, Phaeton80 said:

I wouldnt hold my breath, Ssal. I would personally be inclined to expect this to be a prelude to an 'expected unexpected event' (..member the 'known unknowns comment ;-), paving the way for the Donald to claim; "See, I intended to take the US out, I intended to make good on my election promises, but in the light of this most recent violation of human rights (rofl), I can do not other than to 'intervene'.

Color me paranoid, but recent and not so recent events / facts have motivated me to stand extremely sceptical towards these sort of 'promises'.

I haven't noticed the ''violation of human rights'' part. That says it all really and it's not hard to realize how Al-Tanf base is still too important for militants and weapons smuggle from Jordan to Syria. [edit: link to story about Bulgarian journalist, she got fired and jailed&interrogated because she revealed documents and protected her sources]

But if we follow laws which Trump is representative of, as seen here (US Code 2331, under ''B'', third line: ''to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and'' ).

That is part of terrorist acts definition. Trump expects Syrian army to send flowers to those people? They should not enjoy the law which is, for example, matter of pride for many people in the western world. Civilization vales, order by law etc...

Nice video, MSM narrative has fallen years ago but the amount of trash in medias is so large that it's hard for ordinary people to ever get a chance to read objective reports.

Edited by Sir Smoke aLot
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Compare what he say to how this war was going from beginning.

Highly recommended if you haven't watch this, a lot of 'peaceful opposition' actions are documented and there is newer update too. What i especially 'like' about MSM narrative is how they say, when 'opposition' kills people, they say ''100 government supporters dead''. The fact that there were all civilians never gets mentioned lol

• Like 1

And most important thing which will go in history books is the 'White Helmets', who even got an Oscar lol fun note, DiCaprio won it before them i hope so that his first Oscar win won't get undermined by the fact that it's became mere political instrument.

But still, MSM narrative doesn't change they simply stopped to write about these terrorists of Al Qaida.

[edit] Have to mention Venessa Beeley too, she did so much in revealing true info from Syria.

Edited by Sir Smoke aLot
  • Like 2

On 3/30/2018 at 10:41 PM, Sir Smoke aLot said:

i think that Trump is just as dangerous as ISIS. the man should concentrate on internal matters and leave foreign policy to the state department and the Pentagon. the only thing pro-American that could possibly happen is for Trump as his 'everything for Russia' policies to be removed from office. 

Putin is Trump's dildo.

Edited by Captain Risky

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

i think that Trump is just as dangerous as ISIS. the man should concentrate on internal matters and leave foreign policy to the state department and the Pentagon. the only thing pro-American that could possibly happen is for Trump as his 'everything for Russia' policies to be removed from office. 

ROFL. Leave foreign policy to the State Department and the Pentagon ? To unellected civil servants, and to the military ? 

Are you SURE that's what you meant ? :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

ROFL. Leave foreign policy to the State Department and the Pentagon ? To unellected civil servants, and to the military ? 

Are you SURE that's what you meant ? :D 

Geez you make it sound like the state department and the pentagon are surplus to requirements cause the U.S. have a president. Don’t get me wrong I see where you’re coming from but don’t you think that Trump should deal with his own people too instead of just firing anyone that won’t tow the pro Russia line. 

On 4/2/2018 at 1:49 PM, Captain Risky said:

Geez you make it sound like the state department and the pentagon are surplus to requirements cause the U.S. have a president. Don’t get me wrong I see where you’re coming from but don’t you think that Trump should deal with his own people too instead of just firing anyone that won’t tow the pro Russia line. 

The president is elected to LEAD those entities, not to be lead around by them.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2018 at 7:49 PM, Captain Risky said:

Yeeeeeesss.... but... you said "leave foreign policy to the State Department and the Pentagon. The implication being that those organisations would be responsible for creating the policy, rather than implementing the Presidents policy. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

There are reports that Trump is considering pulling all American troops out of Syria.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4120422/donald-trump-troops-syria/

If that's true, I'm going to applaud him.

Me too. Just watch, however, as the WaPo and the New York Times queues up to criticise him for abandoning the moral high ground and leaving the Kurds/Rebels/Cute Kittens to their fate at the hands of the Evil Dictator/Russians/ISIS/Jehovah Witnesses/chapped lips etc. 

Edited by RoofGardener

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Me too. Just watch, however, as the WaPo and the New York Times queues up to criticise him for abandoning the moral high ground and leaving the Kurds/Rebels/Cute Kittens to their fate at the hands of the Evil Dictator/Russians/ISIS. 

I don't think there is much of a role to play for the U.S. in Syria anyway, as they have been pushed into irrelevancy.

Edited by Clockwork_Spirit

4 hours ago, and then said:

The president is elected to LEAD those entities, not to be lead around by them.

lead, yes. not supersede. the problem as i see it is that Trump got elected captain of a ship, the ship belongs to a company. the company will be around longer than the captain. as captain, trump is tasked with steering the ship to port and looking after the crew and ship. basically micromanaging the best interests of the country.  

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

lead, yes. not supersede. the problem as i see it is that Trump got elected captain of a ship, the ship belongs to a company. the company will be around longer than the captain. as captain, trump is tasked with steering the ship to port and looking after the crew and ship. basically micromanaging the best interests of the country.  

When at sea, the Captain is Master Under God. Unlike a ship, the President also determines the destination !

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeeeeeesss.... but... you said "leave foreign policy to the State Department and the Pentagon. The implication being that those organisations would be responsible for creating the policy, rather than implementing the Presidents policy. 

i think you're misrepresenting me. its the state department that gathers information, analysis, and puts an assessment in place for the president to consider and other powerbroker to make an informed opinion. basically if they say that Russia is behaving badly and unfairly to American interests then thats what Russia is doing. surely you're not saying that Trump knows better?

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

When at sea, the Captain is Master Under God. Unlike a ship, the President also determines the destination !

yeah but not the port or the cargo. 

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

i think you're misrepresenting me. its the state department that gathers information, analysis, and puts an assessment in place for the president to consider and other powerbroker to make an informed opinion. basically if they say that Russia is behaving badly and unfairly to American interests then thats what Russia is doing. surely you're not saying that Trump knows better?

the government sets the foreign policy (or, in this case, the President). The State Department is supposed to just implement it. (and also - as you point out - to monitor it, and also gather information to feed back to the politicians - in this case the President). 

At NO point is the State Department supposed to SET policy. :)

On 4/2/2018 at 10:45 AM, Captain Risky said:

Putin is Trump's dildo.

That holds weight. American administration in general is more dangerous than ISIS right now. And Trump, well, America first has strong meaning but let's take China and trade 'conflict' for example. 1% of USA's iron import comes from China. Just one percent. Trump administration put 25% import tax on it. China, in return, taxes American pork. Also, China is most certainly moving towards petrojuan and that could make a way to some serious trading problems if many others follow.

If that's America first than my brain has slowly withered to the point that i can't make any real conclusions. I mention only this ''iron-pork'' import relation. We will know more in next days.

So far, regardless of focusing on internal or on foreign matters, Trump is way off of his campaign promise for America first. 

And his words hold no weight. I was happy to hear one his speech but as @Phaeton80 said earlier, that was simply doing lip service to his voters. Now, two more US bases in YPG held areas in Syria are considered. How naive i was to believe Trump. 

Anyhow, Syria will stay Syrian, and the region has avoided balkanization, most certainly it has. Iraq has leaned towards Iran... USA has nothing more to do in the region except to pursue Israeli goal of Israel becoming regional leader.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

the government sets the foreign policy (or, in this case, the President). The State Department is supposed to just implement it. (and also - as you point out - to monitor it, and also gather information to feed back to the politicians - in this case the President). 

At NO point is the State Department supposed to SET policy. :)

I can see your point.

On 4/4/2018 at 1:20 AM, Clockwork_Spirit said:

There are reports that Trump is considering pulling all American troops out of Syria.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4120422/donald-trump-troops-syria/

If that's true, I'm going to applaud him.

Will you still be applauding him when Israel goes to war inside Syria and Lebanon?  When the IDF/IAF begin to pummel Iran or even Russia?  This outcome is entirely predictable if Russia and Iran are allowed uncontested control within Syria going forward.  Watch it happen.

16 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

That holds weight. American administration in general is more dangerous than ISIS right now. And Trump, well, America first has strong meaning but let's take China and trade 'conflict' for example. 1% of USA's iron import comes from China. Just one percent. Trump administration put 25% import tax on it. China, in return, taxes American pork. Also, China is most certainly moving towards petrojuan and that could make a way to some serious trading problems if many others follow.

If that's America first than my brain has slowly withered to the point that i can't make any real conclusions. I mention only this ''iron-pork'' import relation. We will know more in next days.

So far, regardless of focusing on internal or on foreign matters, Trump is way off of his campaign promise for America first. 

And his words hold no weight. I was happy to hear one his speech but as @Phaeton80 said earlier, that was simply doing lip service to his voters. Now, two more US bases in YPG held areas in Syria are considered. How naive i was to believe Trump. 

Anyhow, Syria will stay Syrian, and the region has avoided balkanization, most certainly it has. Iraq has leaned towards Iran... USA has nothing more to do in the region except to pursue Israeli goal of Israel becoming regional leader.

Israel already IS the regional leader.  Even S.A. seems to be recognizing this fact.  America's presence in Syria is just to act as a counterbalance to Iran and Russia.  When they decide to leave, we can also.  I get that you believe that Israel is evil and must be destroyed but the truth is that the whole world is apt to burn before that happens.  You might want to consider just how important it is to bring "justice" to the Palestinians.

3 hours ago, and then said:

Israel already IS the regional leader.  Even S.A. seems to be recognizing this fact. 

Saudis and Israel are two sides of the same coin so what S.A is doing or saying holds little weight. A lot has happened recently. I'd like to hear why do you think that Israel is regional leader? I do not share such opinion for number of reasons but i would say that Israel was leading maybe until 1980's or up till 1990's. Things are different now.

America's presence in Syria is just to act as a counterbalance to Iran and Russia.  When they decide to leave, we can also.

Iran and Russia are in Syria because of calls from Syrian government. USA is there illegally, especially since isis was defeated (as that was their only excuse for entering Syria, events in Palmyra proved this).

I get that you believe that Israel is evil and must be destroyed but the truth is that the whole world is apt to burn before that happens.  You might want to consider just how important it is to bring "justice" to the Palestinians.

Not generally, but their leaders are evil and many of settlers who commit crimes on daily bases. Reason i think so is easy to explain. For example, from Begin to Sharon, criminals were always rewarded in Israel. Begin formed Likud party, was 6th prime minister but before that he was leader of Irgun. 

I have no love for such characters. Who is in power today in Israel? Legacy of Irgun my friend, they can't deny their roots. It's very simple for me.

As for justice, justice is important as much as future of humanity. When we stray too far from most essential values we won't need future because everything will be the same, colored gray... There is a reason why smartest people in the world were against occupation and have always asked justice for Palestinians because it is not simply Israeli and Palestinian problem it's great test to civilization and all values we preach about. I believe that we failed that test, but there is still time and hope. 

I will pretend that i didn't see ''must be destroyed'' part. As much as i wan't justice for Palestinians i can not ask for it to be payed by Israeli blood, civilian blood. Read definition of totalitarian regime and what it stands for, Israelis are oppressed population and they do not even realize that. Why should they pay the price? You know me better than that. I share belief by Norman Finkelstein, he is pro-Justice and for international law not pro-Palestinian or pro-Israeli. 

Meanwhile, you admit that Israeli fence is more important than Palestinian civil life, does that mean that you would gladly see Palestinians destroyed? Maybe, based on what you say but it's allegation which i can not prove yet you seem so sure that i wan't Israel destroyed. What i want or what you want is irrelevant, what happens on the field is relevant, what's dictated by international law is relevant. 

I just hope that West has learned that shaping of the ME to their liking is over.

Has anything changed in this regard? Compare Rice to Haley, the world is laughing and i am sad because i do not wan't my region to became Russian.

8 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

...... Read definition of totalitarian regime and what it stands for, Israelis are oppressed population and they do not even realize that. .....

"...where the state recognises no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.[1] Totalitarian regimes stay in political power through rule by one leader and an all-encompassing propaganda campaign, which is disseminated through the state-controlled mass media,....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarianism

Sir SmokeaLot... you target the only liberal democracy in the region, and class it as totalitarian ? The only state in the region with an independent media, the only one with an independent judiciary, the only one with freedom of religion.. and THAT is the one you describe as totalitarian ? 

I could understand that sobriquet being a applied to the Palestinian Authority - just as it could to MOST of the surrounding states (with the possible exception of Jordan) - but Israel ? 

You seem to have some very strange viewpoints on this issue.