Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Ghost Hunting Group

markluker

I have been researching paranormal groups/ghost hunting groups in my area for some time. 

I have always been keen to join a team and get more involved in researching the paranormal and going on hunts.

However, I have been a bit let down as most established groups wont recruit new members and instead want you to pay to go on one of their vigils.

So I have decided that I am going to start my own group. Might just be me for while but the aim is to recruit a small team to go on ghost hunts in the South of England. 

Anyone done anything similar? 

12 minutes ago, markluker said:

Anyone done anything similar? 

Untold times, maybe you will have more luck than those who have been there before you.

I used to go ghost hunting, you do not need a group, you just need to find places with local ghost stories behind them, permission to enter them and knowledge on wild life and the know how on what creatures come out at night and the  sound the make and the difference in sounds wood makes in old buildings. 

Welcome to UM, please post any findings you gather on here so we can explain them to you. 

• Like 1

I was called upon by ghost hunting groups but when I came up with a natural explanation or called bullcrap on members it frustrated them.

@freetoroam has some good advice. Go solo and there will not be conflicts.

• 3 months later...

Yes, go solo if it's safe. By safe I mean be careful of old structures; sagging floors and ceilings about to collapse on you. Not only is it dangerous but it could contaminate any evidence you might gather. 

And you might not want to go to any places that are particularly notorious for aggressive spirits that could do harm. Best to have some backup on call if things go south.