Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
susieice

Africa Is Splitting

12 posts in this topic

Grandpa Greenman

That is one heck of a pothole.  

• Like 5

Myles

This is very interesting, but why didn't they show an upper view of where they think this "split" may happen?  

• Like 2

Hammerclaw

The split has already been happening. That's what the rift valleys are all about. 

• Like 1

paperdyer

How about filling the rift with fast drying concrete?  Works in the movies! :whistle:

• Like 2

spud the mackem

That's really useful knowledge when you're asked , where were you when it happened ..

• Like 1

Jon the frog
5 hours ago, bison said:

The map at the top of the article linked below gives an impression of what the split-apart Africa will look like, some millions of years hence:

http://mgafrica.com/article/2015-03-31-bye-bye-east-africa-the-african-plate-is-splitting-in-two 

Living millions of years would be awesome to see these kind of phenomena evolving. 

• Like 4

Myles
15 hours ago, bison said:

The map at the top of the article linked below gives an impression of what the split-apart Africa will look like, some millions of years hence:

http://mgafrica.com/article/2015-03-31-bye-bye-east-africa-the-african-plate-is-splitting-in-two 

Madagascar 2.0

I agree with the frog, it sure would be neat to see the world in a few million years.  

• Like 4

Hammerclaw
16 hours ago, Myles said:

Madagascar 2.0

I agree with the frog, it sure would be neat to see the world in a few million years.  

Landmass-Evolution-01.jpg

• Like 3

Stubbly_Dooright
Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2018 at 11:38 PM, Hammerclaw said:

Landmass-Evolution-01.jpg

Where did you get this pic, Hammie?? I'm assuming this is also the effect of melting glaciers and such. Interestingly enough, comparing this pic to this , looks like South America will be connecting to Antarctica. 

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe............... :w00t:  

Wait! Where's Connecticut on there?! 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :cry:  

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
To add my .............. crazy.
  • Like 2

Hammerclaw
1 hour ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Where did you get this pic, Hammie?? I'm assuming this is also the effect of melting glaciers and such. Interestingly enough, comparing this pic to this , looks like South America will be connecting to Antarctica. 

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe............... :w00t:  

Wait! Where's Connecticut on there?! 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :cry:  

Sleepin' wit da fishes.:lol: