Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spirit animal snake?

VerdeICe

I do like a good story. And its fun to dream, even if things like this are rationally impossible. Recently at school I watched someone carve a wolf. The class asked why, and the man said it was because it was his spirit animal. 

I wondered then what my animal would be. For whatever reason I thought back to a time when I was a real little kid. I woke up in the middle of the night for no reason and stared at the ceiling for a long period of time. I remember at some point I eventually looked over the edge of my bed and saw a cobra slithering toward me from the darkness. It stopped at my bed and stared at me.  It did that snake thing with it tongue. 

It then kind became a part of the darkness of the room. 

I wonder if that was my spirit animal. Then again it could have just been a real snake and I am lucky to be alive. 

What do any of you believers of the strange think of spiritual snakes? What would a situation like this represent?

A "spirit animal' is not necessarily anything you envision.  Or even a Guardian Spirit, but a "aspect". Something you share traits with. My "aspect" is a panther. But that isn't my guardian spirit. Nor my Gens (Clan) totem. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, VerdeICe said:

OH i see then my spirit animal must be a small hermit crab.

:lol: 

My stepsister considers her's a turtle. 

• Like 1

Geez...if that's how you know your spirit animal, then mine's the giant phantom shadow spider that dissipates when you look at it. 

I was hoping for the hummingbird. 

When I really think about it...it's probably the crow.

Edited by ChaosRose

As far as i know, the most effective way of finding out your spirit animal is through meditation or dreaming.

On 3/31/2018 at 5:35 AM, Piney said:

A "spirit animal' is not necessarily anything you envision.  Or even a Guardian Spirit, but a "aspect". Something you share traits with. My "aspect" is a panther. But that isn't my guardian spirit. Nor my Gens (Clan) totem. 

Sadly, my spirit animal is Coyote.  Mind you, that's sometimes good but... oh my!  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Sadly, my spirit animal is Coyote.  Mind you, that's sometimes good but... oh my!  

The local coyote pack queen is my buddy! :tu:

• Like 2

On 31/03/2018 at 11:35 AM, Piney said:

A "spirit animal' 

my spirit animal is a chicken.... when i was under-cover in Russia; i had a drinking vessel in the shape of a rooster that i drank vodka from.

is that the same thing or have i got it wrong?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

my spirit animal is a chicken.... when i was under-cover in Russia; i had a drinking vessel in the shape of a rooster that i drank vodka from.

is that the same thing or have i got it wrong?

13 hours ago, Piney said:

My stepsister considers her's a turtle. 

I got curious, took an online test just now and apparently, I'm a Turtle...who knew :D

• Like 1

On 31/03/2018 at 11:35 AM, Piney said:

I have a spirit zoo it would seem.

Monday - Aspect of the Sloth

Tuesday - Aspect of the Tortoise

Wednesday - Aspect of the Stoat

Thursday - Aspect of the Cheetah

Friday - Aspect of the Tiger

Saturday - Aspect of the Monkey

Sunday - Aspect of the Rabbit

And if I'm really truthful, I'm slightly drunk and having typed that I now have no idea what any of it means...

...gnight :lol:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, I'mConvinced said:

I have a spirit zoo it would seem.

Monday - Aspect of the Sloth

Tuesday - Aspect of the Tortoise

Wednesday - Aspect of the Stoat

Thursday - Aspect of the Cheetah

Friday - Aspect of the Tiger

Saturday - Aspect of the Monkey

Sunday - Aspect of the Rabbit

And if I'm really truthful, I'm slightly drunk and having typed that I now have no idea what any of it means...

...gnight :lol:

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 6:35 AM, Piney said:

Did you just pair yourself with an animal that you liked or was there a deeper process? 

Just now, GoodReality said:

Did you just pair yourself with an animal that you liked or was there a deeper process? 

It's more a animal that fit's your physical and personality traits. 

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's more a animal that fit's your physical and personality traits. 

I have no idea what mine would be. These types of things always make me overthink 

Just now, GoodReality said:

I have no idea what mine would be. These types of things always make me overthink 

Just think "traits" and compare.

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

Just think "traits" and compare.

Hmmm, I don't know. I've always liked the agility and power that Tarpon have as they swim and jump through the water. Looking into their eyes, I've always gotten a sense of wisdom. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoodReality said:

Hmmm, I don't know. I've always liked the agility and power that Tarpon have as they swim and jump through the water. Looking into their eyes, I've always gotten a sense of wisdom. 

Maybe that's it. Do you live near the sea?

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Maybe that's it. Do you live near the sea?

I do. Tarpon are river fish and I've lived minutes from rivers all my life

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The quest to find ones spirit animal is a very complex and deep process. Its not a process of aspects that fit you with an animal at all. Dreams, meditation, are but one way to find your spirit animal. Vision quests are usually the fastest way to find your spirit animal but that usually involves psychotropic drugs in order to induce a semi lucid dreaming state, it also can be dangerous for the person whom is undergoing the quest too. Snakes can be a spirit animal. How ever a spirit animal is a guide. it can protect, convey messages, and most commonly is used as a guide through spiritual journey.

I woke up in the middle of the night for no reason and stared at the ceiling for a long period of time. I remember at some point I eventually looked over the edge of my bed and saw a cobra slithering toward me from the darkness. It stopped at my bed and stared at me.  It did that snake thing with it tongue. 

It then kind became a part of the darkness of the room. "

In this instance it is quite hard to discern anything there is not enough information given by your state of mind, plus your where wondering about your spirit animal would be and thought to your childhood. This vision could simple be a fear of snakes from when your where a child. It could be perhaps a memory trying to make its way back that you forgot as a child or blocked out. Lastly with all that being said it very well could be your spirit animal, but i think you need to try to interact with said snake in your dreams to have a better understanding of what this snake means to you.

My spirit animal for instance was a wolf for years that was how it came to me, but later found out that my spirit animal is that of a shape shifting animal. It can be what ever animal it chooses to be.

12 minutes ago, Hiemzul said:

The quest to find ones spirit animal is a very complex and deep process. Its not a process of aspects that fit you with an animal at all. Dreams, meditation, are but one way to find your spirit animal. Vision quests are usually the fastest way to find your spirit animal but that usually involves psychotropic drugs in order to induce a semi lucid dreaming state, it also can be dangerous for the person whom is undergoing the quest too.

Just no.

and you know nothing about vision quests or how they work. 

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

Just no.

and you know nothing about vision quests or how they work. 

Thanks, Piney, what he said raised my eyebrows as I would have been surprised if they had used drugs to achieve any state, and there are other means to do so which are much more reliable. Tough to do on a weekend, though, maybe, on a "retreat" for 1500 bucks or whatever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Thanks, Piney, what he said raised my eyebrows as I would have been surprised if they had used drugs to achieve any state, and there are other means to do so which are much more reliable. Tough to do on a weekend, though, maybe, on a "retreat" for 1500 bucks or whatever.

For a Vision Quest to work, you cannot know your on it. You have to be rock bottom and think you are truly a exile. That's why children didn't know of their existence until after they were "thrown into" one.  It's more about helping yourself then looking for help. Guardian Spirits are "Thought Forms" created by the seeker from their own aspects if they actually receive one and many don't.

I was going to start a thread and drag you in 

• Like 1