Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Bigfoot an extra-dimensional being?

MysteryMike

16 hours ago, Wakka25 said:

Again the link was correct because you already quoted from the website. If you claim I posted a fake quote then the burden of proof falls on you to prove that claim. I'll even tell you how to you prove it so you won't have any excuses. All you have to do is take sreenshots from the website and uploaded them here. Either my quote will found or not. I anxiously await those results and we'll find who's credible and who's openly deceiving.

The issue is not whether the link was a valid but whether or not the quote came from that site.

Your refusal to support your QUOTE, not the LINK, suggests to me that you made up the quote.

There is no burden on me to prove that a poster lied about a quote. It's your quote so show where the quote came from. I supported my quotes. You did not.

Your quote was not found on the link you provided. You clearly are the deceiver.  You continue to be the deceiver until you support  your quote.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stereologist said:

The issue is not whether the link was a valid but whether or not the quote came from that site.

Your refusal to support your QUOTE, not the LINK, suggests to me that you made up the quote.

There is no burden on me to prove that a poster lied about a quote. It's your quote so show where the quote came from. I supported my quotes. You did not.

Your quote was not found on the link you provided. You clearly are the deceiver.  You continue to be the deceiver until you support  your quote.

I completely support that the quote came from the cited website. The only reason you won't support your claim is that it's impossible because you openly lied. Unlike you, I don't make false claims. I'll support my claim. Why not save face and admit your wrong doing?

3 hours ago, Wakka25 said:

I completely support that the quote came from the cited website. The only reason you won't support your claim is that it's impossible because you openly lied. Unlike you, I don't make false claims. I'll support my claim. Why not save face and admit your wrong doing?

You can but it did not appear on the link you gave. You lied that it came from that link. You have not supported where that quote came from.

The quotes I found at that link are on the page I linked to. You are a bald faced liar to suggest I lied.

So please get on about showing where that quote came from. It certainly did  not come from the link you provided.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stereologist said:

You can but it did not appear on the link you gave. You lied that it came from that link. You have not supported where that quote came from.

The quotes I found at that link are on the page I linked to. You are a bald faced liar to suggest I lied.

So please get on about showing where that quote came from. It certainly did  not come from the link you provided.

I posted the link.

On 4/17/2018 at 3:16 PM, Wakka25 said:

In fact, cougars are very fearful of humans and normally go to great lengths to completely avoid you and your pets. 

http://westernwildlife.org/cougar-outreach-project/cougar-safety/

Then you posted a link a link that went to the same websites but included a different extension:

On 4/19/2018 at 11:45 AM, stereologist said:

I recall that you provided a quote and a link which DID NOT have the material you quoted.

http://westernwildlife.org/cougar-outreach-project/tips-for-coexistence-with-cougars/

5 hours ago, Wakka25 said:

I posted the link.

Then you posted a link a link that went to the same websites but included a different extension:

So you admit now that the link you supplied did NOT include the quote.

You LIED that you provided a link to the quote. That's a flat out LIE. What you did do was provide a link that did NOT have the quoted material.

Here is where you posted a quote and link. It is not the link you used above.  There are also deceitful people that make up fake quotes and pretend they are at a specified link. All I asked is that you justify your quote and it seems to have taken you a ridiculously long time to do that. Frankly, your refusal to provide a proper link is just childish. Buck up and stop acting like a kid.

So here is the real problem. Piney is an experienced outdoors man. You on the other hand come across as a city dwelling kid with no outdoors experience that can't understand what is written about wildlife. I've spent a lot of time doing long term trips in the outdoors. Piney's work puts him out there a lot more than me. The quote and link do not contradict Piney. A description of average behavior does not contradict non-standard behavior.

I've been approached by a mountain lion. I did not see it, but it made unmistakable sounds in a pattern that suggested to me I was being followed. On that trip and others I have found plenty of scat to show that the animals were in the area. I really doubt you would be able to detect that you are in cougar country other than looking at some app on your phone.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, stereologist said:

So you admit now that the link you supplied did NOT include the quote.

You LIED that you provided a link to the quote. That's a flat out LIE. What you did do was provide a link that did NOT have the quoted material

My link to the webpage I cited and the quote:

On 4/17/2018 at 3:16 PM, Wakka25 said:

In fact, cougars are very fearful of humans and normally go to great lengths to completely avoid you and your pets. 

http://westernwildlife.org/cougar-outreach-project/cougar-safety/

Screenshot_2018-04-22-15-16-17-L.png

This screenshot from the cited webpage shows that the material quoted is wholley there. Your claim failed. You blatantly lied.The fact you wouldn't prove you own accusations should have been telling. Now there is proof for anyone to see. If use those awful deceptions against me no doubt you would to the same with others here.

3 minutes ago, Wakka25 said:

My link to the webpage I cited and the quote:

Screenshot_2018-04-22-15-16-17-L.png

This screenshot from the cited webpage shows that the material quoted is wholley there. Your claim failed. You blatantly lied.The fact you wouldn't prove you own accusations should have been telling. Now there is proof for anyone to see. If use those awful deceptions against me no doubt you would to the same with others here.

You finally posted a valid link after a bunch of requests and I thank you for that.

As I showed in my post your link was invalid until the link above was supplied.

That was too difficult to do was it?

Now that we see where you got the quote we learn that the information applies mainly to Washington state. The single cougar death applies only to Washington state.

Below is a larger list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_cougar_attacks_in_North_America

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Mammals/Mountain-Lion/Attacks

http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks_mcginnis.html

By sharing the link you pointed out that the site was examining a more specific area than the conversation covered.

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You finally posted a valid link after a bunch of requests and I thank you for that.

Do not continue these lies. I posted a valid link on 4/17 before you were even involved. You blatantly lied about my quote. You would have certainly continued to throw false accusations had I not posted the screenshot. 

13 minutes ago, Wakka25 said:

Do not continue these lies. I posted a valid link on 4/17 before you were even involved. You blatantly lied about my quote. You would have certainly continued to throw false accusations had I not posted the screenshot. 

Thanks for posting a valid link. I din't blatant lie about your quote. I pointed out on the 15th that you used a bad link. You

The link you gave on 4/15 is http://westernwildlife.org/

The correct link you just gave is http://westernwildlife.org/cougar-outreach-project/cougar-safety/

The links do NOT match.

You did provide a corrected link on the 17th, but not really.

You altered the quoted material and you also posted it under

Strawman argument. Where did I mention anything that cougars would not hunt a dog or any other animals? The argument is that coguars will generally avoid a dog which is in opposition to Piney and others. 

I missed it. I admit that. All you have to do was stop being a mutton head and pointed that out. In fact, I'll bet you didn't even realize that you posted a corrected link till today. That's okay.

What I noticed in the 4/17 post is that the material you quoted didn't really support your statement. The simple fact is that the number of attacks is irrelevant to whether or not they do attack.

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I missed it. I admit that. 

You didn't miss it because you directly quoted from the the same webpage. Stop trying weasel out. You lied then accused me, awful. 

On 23/04/2018 at 9:35 PM, Wakka25 said:

You didn't miss it because you directly quoted from the the same webpage. Stop trying weasel out. You lied then accused me, awful. 

*snip* That post did not fix the quote and you didn't realize that you posted the link till today.

Here is the real problem: you are still wrong about cougar attacks.

Edited by Saru
Removed personal insult
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you think of it in relation to the “ghost” phenomenon... i.e. you go to an old western “ghost town” and there see a cowboy or a lady in an old timey dress... Bigfoot could very well be the deep woods equivalent.

I think that something like Bigfoot likely existed in the past (lack of confirmation in the fossil record is far from definitive as only a small percentage of extant animals are represented there) and it’s possible that people in the right place and state of mind are seeing some kind of “echoes” of past events... just like in places people claim are haunted.

Edited by Alaric

That's enough about who quoted what - let's get this back on topic please.

Also - enough with the personal insults.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

23 hours ago, Alaric said:

If you think of it in relation to the “ghost” phenomenon... i.e. you go to an old western “ghost town” and there see a cowboy or a lady in an old timey dress... Bigfoot could very well be the deep woods equivalent.

I think that something like Bigfoot likely existed in the past (lack of confirmation in the fossil record is far from definitive as only a small percentage of extant animals are represented there) and it’s possible that people in the right place and state of mind are seeing some kind of “echoes” of past events... just like in places people claim are haunted.

I can't see your theory holding up.

Most reports of Bigfoot say the creature is aware of being seen. That wouldn't happen with a blast-from-the-past 'residual' Bigfoot.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, acute said:

I can't see your theory holding up.

Most reports of Bigfoot say the creature is aware of being seen. That wouldn't happen with a blast-from-the-past 'residual' Bigfoot.

I wouldn’t say “most”... but yes, there are some reports of that... there are also reports of ghostly apparitions being aware of and interacting with their observers... but none of that discounts the possibility that (at least) some Bigfoot sightings are phantasmagorical in nature.

There are plenty of groups taking photos on BF hunts and then looking at them for pareidolia  BF in the photos. These groups often label them something along the lines of interdimensional creatures.

A typical sort of photo can be seen at these sites.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2014/08/was-paul-freemans-footage-first-to-show.html

https://www.lisamharrison.com/thomass-hughes-the-sasquatch/

http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com/2013/01/bigfoot-feral-human-or-pareidolia.html

http://bigfootbooksblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/blobsquatching-pgf-problem-of.html

• Like 1