Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Goddess of the Mist

Missing 411

30 posts in this topic

Regi
21 minutes ago, Bavarian Raven said:

that being said, there are some cases of missing people he talks about That are weird and should be further looked into IMHO.

I don't know what you mean, "should be further looked into", do you mean that he hasn't already done that, or that you don't think authorities have already done that?

Regardless, for those who aren't familiar with some of those cases of missing people he talks about that are weird, which ones are those?

Bavarian Raven
2 hours ago, Regi said:

I don't know what you mean, "should be further looked into", do you mean that he hasn't already done that, or that you don't think authorities have already done that?

Regardless, for those who aren't familiar with some of those cases of missing people he talks about that are weird, which ones are those?

What I meant was, there are some cases where what happened is still a confusing mystery. Not saying anything paranormal is behind it, just that the explanation hasn't been found yet. 

Rlyeh
On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, NobodyknowsneitherdoI said:

Hi everyone, a comment in the comment section of a youtube video  led me here. This is an old topic but I'd like to  jump in and add that to my knowledge David Paulides came up with a  "laundry list" of characteristics that define and unify these cases and that's why he started moving toward a theory of a single culprit being behind them . He initially wasn't looking to identify only one culprit. He just found the common denominators .  I read many scathing comments claiming that there's something shady and exploitative  about him yet I've never sensed that in any interview of his.  He seems honest and reliable and I think people are unjust in their criticism .

And here I thought him embellishing the stories would make him unreliable.

Goddess of the Mist

@NobodyknowsneitherdoI Thanks for your comments. I agree with you about your feelings on Paulides seeming sincere. I don't sense otherwise from him either, and certainly don't think he's trying to get rich off this. He seems genuinely concerned to me. Some of these cases are just bizarre! You're right that there are many sceptics here, and it can get frustrating, but not all things can just be explained away so easily! 

Maureen_jacobs

I believe that authorities may not have worked as hard or perhaps had little to no evidence.  It just seems some of these instances go from simple to bizarre.

• Like 2