Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
pallidin

Mass Caravan heads towards USA

182 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

pallidin
Posted (edited)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/01/trump-calls-for-tough-immigration-reform-after-report-caravan-with-central-americans-heading-to-us.html

President Trump called on Sunday for "tough" immigration reform after a report stated a caravan carrying more than 1,000 people from Central America is traveling through Mexico, with their last stop intended for the United States in hopes of entering the states illegally or by asking for asylum. 

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Serenity

Good luck with that.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

Who's going to stop them?

The article says there's not nearly enough border patrol agents, and Mexico isn't stopping them.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet

April Fools joke that Trump fell for?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty

By caravan do  they mean Image result for caravan? Or are they doing it the traditional way by camel? That would be a sight worth seeing, a camel caravan making its way majestically across the desert led by an enigmatic robed Bedouin. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty

I'd be more impressed if it was 10,000. 1000 is a bit of a piddling amount for a Crusade isn't it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
7 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I'd be more impressed if it was 10,000. 1000 is a bit of a piddling amount for a Crusade isn't it. 

Well they are advertising themselves on the news and traveling in a group.  Ever see the 1978 movie "Convoy"? 

That being said, it seems this is a direct political attack on Trump and his immigration stance.  Announcing your self to the media and traveling in a large visible group to the border with Mexico just standing to the side and waving is pretty telling.  It's just short of the government opening ladder stores on the Mexican side of the wall.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin
7 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I'd be more impressed if it was 10,000. 1000 is a bit of a piddling amount for a Crusade isn't it. 

Doesn't matter if its 10.

Assuming its not an April fools joke, 1,000 at one time IS a lot, and no way of knowing who's criminal or not.

Plus, if they get away with it, it will most certainly happen again  and again.

Hopefully April's fool joke

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin
4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well they are advertising themselves on the news and traveling in a group.  Ever see the 1978 movie "Convoy"? 

That being said, it seems this is a direct political attack on Trump and his immigration stance.  Announcing your self to the media and traveling in a large visible group to the border with Mexico just standing to the side and waving is pretty telling.  It's just short of the government opening ladder stores on the Mexican side of the wall.

If this is real, the National Guard should be called-out for sure.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty

How about interdicting them before they get there? A Drone would surely have the capability to take them out, and would have - well ok, probably not plausible deniability, but deniability. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChaosRose

This smells like bs to me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grandpa Greenman

I tried to track this story to see if it was for real. The only confirmation was Buzzfeed.  I don't know how reliable they are.

  https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/a-huge-caravan-of-central-americans-is-headed-for-the-us?utm_term=.ombpJmqxL#.ulveQykBV 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

Here comes Coxey's Army.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
3 hours ago, pallidin said:

Doesn't matter if its 10.

Assuming its not an April fools joke, 1,000 at one time IS a lot, and no way of knowing who's criminal or not.

Plus, if they get away with it, it will most certainly happen again  and again.

Hopefully April's fool joke

It would have to be a helluva good April fools joke to fool Trump and Fox news, given that they both reacted to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range

Trump also said they were coming to take advantage of DACA...he must have forgot that there are no new applications being accepted.  I love how he just makes things up, and people fall for it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
Posted (edited)

You say that as if any new anchor children won’t be given DACA status or something similar if some hardline rules aren’t put in place. 

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent0range
4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

You say that as if any new anchor children won’t be given DACA status or something similar if some hardline rules aren’t put in place. 

I say that because it's the law.

Quote

Important information about DACA requests: Due to federal court orders, USCIS has resumed accepting requests to renew a grant of deferred action under DACA. USCIS is not accepting requests from individuals who have never before been granted deferred action under DACA. Until further notice, and unless otherwise provided in this guidance, the DACA policy will be operated on the terms in place before it was rescinded on Sept. 5, 2017. For more information, visit Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals: Response to January 2018 Preliminary Injunction.

https://www.uscis.gov/archive/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet

Okay... I looked at the photos in the original article.  Somebody's having a heck of a time trolling Fox and Trump.

First... this isn't a group of people prepared to walk for over 20 days to get to a border.  Some of these photos are from an activist march (see the guys in the safety vests?).  Second, they've mixed multiple photos together to create a narrative (they don't cross the border by train like hobos did.)

Trump fell for an April Fool's joke.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
4 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I get that but when there are a whole bunch of new “dreamers” out there in a few more years what makes you think we won’t be dealing with the same thing again. Oh let them stay it’s not their fault, ad infinitum.

1 minute ago, Kenemet said:

Okay... I looked at the photos in the original article.  Somebody's having a heck of a time trolling Fox and Trump.

First... this isn't a group of people prepared to walk for over 20 days to get to a border.  Some of these photos are from an activist march (see the guys in the safety vests?).  Second, they've mixed multiple photos together to create a narrative (they don't cross the border by train like hobos did.)

Trump fell for an April Fool's joke.

CNN says this is a yearly thing...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/01/politics/trump-mexico-caravan-tweet/index.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I get that but when there are a whole bunch of new “dreamers” out there in a few more years what makes you think we won’t be dealing with the same thing again. Oh let them stay it’s not their fault, ad infinitum.

CNN says this is a yearly thing...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/01/politics/trump-mexico-caravan-tweet/index.html

Aha.  But still... Trump once again misunderstands the situation.  I doubt that most of them will reach the border - they'll drop out along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty
6 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Okay... I looked at the photos in the original article.  Somebody's having a heck of a time trolling Fox and Trump.

First... this isn't a group of people prepared to walk for over 20 days to get to a border.  Some of these photos are from an activist march (see the guys in the safety vests?).  Second, they've mixed multiple photos together to create a narrative (they don't cross the border by train like hobos did.)

Trump fell for an April Fool's joke.

Note they even admit that in the caption for the second picture, which is of the same group of people from a slightly different angle. The first one was "Hundreds of Central Americans marching from the southern state of Mexico to the center and north of the country." Now all of a sudden it's "Hundreds of Central Americans attend a mass before they begin a Via Crucis on Palm Sunday from the southern state of Mexico to the center and north of the country, demanding respect for their human rights, asylum and reports of violence in their countries in Tapachula, Mexico March 25, 2018.", and now in fact you can see the cross the person at the front is holding. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
18 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Trump fell for an April Fool's joke.

23 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

This smells like bs to me.

Nope.

National Review, April 2nd

Quote

A volunteer group  called Pueblos Sin Fronteras, (People Without Borders) headed up a “caravan” of Central Americans, most of whom headed to the U.S. over the weekend.

Organizers counted 1,200 people, around 80 percent from the Honduras, on the first day of the journey.

The Center for Immigration Studies reported that Mexican authorities permitted the caravan to pass “with relative ease.”

CNN, 16 hours ago

Quote

Trump appears to be referring to a migrant caravan assembled by the group Pueblo Sin Fronteras (People without Borders), which was discussed on Fox News' "Fox & Friends" shortly before he published his tweet. It's not known if the President watched the specific segment, but he indirectly referenced claims mentioned in an on-air interview with a Border Patrol union representative.

 

They are coming to test the resolve of immigration policy. They have already stated they will enter illegally. Canada cares about it's borders, don't you?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty
2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Nope.

National Review, April 2nd

CNN, 16 hours ago

 

They are coming to test the resolve of immigration policy. They have already stated they will enter illegally. Canada cares about it's borders, don't you?

Note what I said above. The picture is of a religious march (with also a political element, but one that's solely concerned with Mexico). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
3 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Note what I said above. The picture is of a religious march (with also a political element, but one that's solely concerned with Mexico). 

I think it is just lazy journalism.  The probably just googled a picture to go with the article.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
6 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Note what I said above. The picture is of a religious march (with also a political element, but one that's solely concerned with Mexico). 

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I think it is just lazy journalism.  The probably just googled a picture to go with the article.

Grom is right. News outlets do this all the time since they already own the pictures. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.