Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elongated Skulls / Why ?

ajfriman

Hello, 

Elongated skulls share the trademarks of a pattern I call "From adoration derives Imitation". 
To simplify, this means the following: 
We have found elongated skull made by manipulating the human cranial form. 
Natural question is why? 
My answer is - From adoration derived Imitation. 

I mean by this: many people, especially youngsters today imitate their idols; musicians, actors, players etc. 

My conclusion is that a race of species once interacted with humans, (possibly manufactured us, see bible and other creation stories), 
made material things and acted as supreme beings, that people could not comprehend, but were in awe and astonished. 

So, obviously the form of a head, that was likened to be the base of intellect and manifested personified actions, should be similar as the 
ones they admired. 
Naturally it is more complex than that, but from adoration derived imitation, thus man made elongated skulls, a quest to receive the powers that 
the supreme ones had. 

Long story short - 
Then one day, we decided to question their actions and rebelled against them by the force of numbers and the rest is hidden history: 
Remains of once unified civilization all over the world and similar creation stories. 
What more proof do we need here really ? 
If natural heritage sites would be allowed to be excavated more, major discoveries would be found, 
not to mention to fund archeology the way it should be. 

As if we are a race with amnesia. There are obviously people who know these things, but has decided to suppress the actual information. 
I am sure that writings and such that recall and tell the stories of our past, exists but are behind closed doors. 
Because I do not claim to know the reason for this, I cannot know is it a good thing or a bad thing, but my feeling says that ultimately truth should be told, 
even if it is frightening and diminishes our value as a sovereign species in the planet earth and in the universe for that matter. 
Question is why? 

Of course the is information that one should grow into, and not receive it immaturely, but information our true past, should it be hidden ? 

Here is three pages from my book that wonders the mystery of the elongated skulls. 

*Snip*
*Snip*

*Snip*

What I do know, is that the elongated skulls should receive much more serious investigation, and because that is not the case, I sense something worth hiding. 
The same idea covers archeology and history in general. 

Ever wondered why most of the major archeological sites remain still mostly, unexacavated ? 
Yes, they are national heritage sites, but also a clever means to limit the potential for significant discoveries. 
We could do research without destroying the sites of course. 
Also, why archeology does not receive the funding it should? 

Isn`t knowledge of our past crucial in essence to understand where we are, should go and how ? 
Who is hiding what and most of all why ? 

Kind regards, 
AJFriman

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ajfriman said:

Elongated skulls share the trademarks of a pattern I call "From adoration derives Imitation". 

I have had similar thoughts about head elongation. Why? I have also given serious consideration to the possibility that ancient people were impressed by a more advanced type of being that had these differently proportioned heads. Depictions of aliens from those claiming glimpses very commonly show these larger head proportions. Hmmm......

Also I agree with your ideas that earth history is far deeper and richer than what we find in our ancient history textbooks.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

So was there also a "race of species" with hugely enlarged lower lips (leading to some tribes in Africa doing that plate thing with theirs) and a "race of species" with giraffe legs leading to other tribes using necklaces to elongate their necks? And a race of species with flower feet that inspired foot binding?

People have just always gone to ridiculous lengths to modify their bodies. To stand out, to mark themselves as members of the same group, out of norms etc etc etc. It can start as a fashion, then becomes a custom then a tradition etc etc etc.
Doesn't need any aliens.

The Kimochnii who portrayed wolves during the Adena-Middlesex Period had their bottom teeth pulled and their avelovar ridges smashed out so they could attach a wolf snout that opened and closed with their mouths. I'm glad we started carving masks rather than walking around looking like I had leprosy on my face.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Her skull is clearly bound, but it is disappointingg and ridiculous that our best explanation for all elongated skulls is binding. There is a clear difference between this picture and the skulls with abnormal growth. Binding does not cause extra growth, it can only stunt and deform like the girl in this picture .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

Her skull is clearly bound, but it is disappointingg and ridiculous that our best explanation for all elongated skulls is binding. There is a clear difference between this picture and the skulls with abnormal growth. Binding does not cause extra growth, it can only stunt and deform like the girl in this picture .

Some cultures wanted to believe their brains and smart were big by binding  ^_^

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

Skuls deformed by pathology are simple to recognize. The abnormal growth is not symmetrical. The skulls I described in my earlier post and all of those I've seen elsewhere in this thread, are definitely derived from head binding. They're certainly human but human skulls don't form that way naturally.

I agree with you that head binding itself doesn't cause abnormal growth. Head binding just causes abnormal shape or proportions as the child grows. A common comment by fringies is that these skulls have a much larger cranial capacity and are thus not human. This is just nonsense. When these skulls are studied by forensic experts who know what they're doing, it turns out most have the same cranial capacities as regular human skulls, although some do have a slightly increased capacity.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On April 1, 2018 at 5:38 PM, ajfriman said:

To simplify, this means the following: 
We have found elongated skull made by manipulating the human cranial form. 
Natural question is why? 
My answer is - From adoration derived Imitation. 

I think you've got the cart before the horse, here.  If this was the case, then the rock art of the area would have shown these features during a time period when skull elongation in the group was not known.  People make representations of powerful deities as ways of summoning them or using the powers that these deities have to help the person invoking them.

We don't see this in the art of those areas - the deity figures do not have elongated skulls.  In addition, the timelines don't match up.  The skulls from Russia (and Bavaria) are from after 100 AD and are very few in number. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_cranial_deformation#History

My conclusion is that a race of species once interacted with humans, (possibly manufactured us, see bible and other creation stories), 
made material things and acted as supreme beings, that people could not comprehend, but were in awe and astonished. 

Then one day, we decided to question their actions and rebelled against them by the force of numbers and the rest is hidden history: 
Remains of once unified civilization all over the world and similar creation stories. 

No offense - but have you actually read the Bible and these other documents?  I ask, because the deities in these are not high tech powerful beings.  Yahweh in the Bible was defeated by iron chariots, for instance (Judges 1:19).  And none of these texts talk about deities having long skulls.

Also, creation and rise of civilization stories are not that similar (and some groups who did head binding were nomads, like the Sami of Finland.)  In some cases we know (from the people themselves) why the process was done -usually it's for standards of beauty (like the Maya and Inca)  and in many cases it's done to separate the classes (only high status or special people had their heads bound.)

Here is three pages from my book that wonders the mystery of the elongated skulls. 

*Snip*

You're also confusing skull shape with hats and with paintings of hats.  In a lot of cases (the Sultan, for instance) a hat that big would be unwearable.  And neither the Egyptians nor the Japanese practiced head binding - and the headgear is not from some legendary time period.  

These skeletons and sites are indeed being studied - but if you read Mysterious Earth sites you're not going to get any reports on this.  You'll just get recycled gosh-wow-golly stuff from the fringe.  And you miss all the really neat stuff.

• Like 8

Also... to consider the popular notion in followers of Von Daniken and Velikovsky that primitive humans somehow rebelled against their Galactic Overlords...

• First of all, why would they even consider taming/enslaving humans when they could have robots do whatever they liked.  Robots don't rebel, can function from the first day they're born (unlike humans, who take a full 9 months just to learn to walk badly), and are far cheaper to feed and maintain.  And robots don't rebel any more than your lamp rebels.
  • No primitive group has ever managed to overthrow a technologically superior force.  The superior force might decide to free them for a variety of reasons, but rock throwing primitives don't win out over a group of lightsaber wielding, k-bomb enabled, ultra planetary fighter ships.  Not even by being very germ-y and plague ridden.
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Also... to consider the popular notion in followers of Von Daniken and Velikovsky that primitive humans somehow rebelled against their Galactic Overlords...

• First of all, why would they even consider taming/enslaving humans when they could have robots do whatever they liked.  Robots don't rebel, can function from the first day they're born (unlike humans, who take a full 9 months just to learn to walk badly), and are far cheaper to feed and maintain.  And robots don't rebel any more than your lamp rebels.
  • No primitive group has ever managed to overthrow a technologically superior force.  The superior force might decide to free them for a variety of reasons, but rock throwing primitives don't win out over a group of lightsaber wielding, k-bomb enabled, ultra planetary fighter ships.  Not even by being very germ-y and plague ridden.

Plus why even bother with Earth? If they had needed it for settlement I dare say they would have come in numbers too large for us to overthrow.
And any possible natural resource they might want, they can get from literally any other place that doesn't have easily irritable apes running around on it.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I have had similar thoughts about head elongation. Why? I have also given serious consideration to the possibility that ancient people were impressed by a more advanced type of being that had these differently proportioned heads. Depictions of aliens from those claiming glimpses very commonly show these larger head proportions. Hmmm......

Also I agree with your ideas that earth history is far deeper and richer than what we find in our ancient history textbooks.

maybe. but doesn't it make more sense that binding was a sign of royalty or noble birth? a special person for life and something that couldn't be faked by any pretenders. also, asian's are known for binding the feet of women to make them more attractive. does that mean that aliens had small feet too? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Piney said:

The Kimochnii who portrayed wolves during the Adena-Middlesex Period had their bottom teeth pulled and their avelovar ridges smashed out so they could attach a wolf snout that opened and closed with their mouths. I'm glad we started carving masks rather than walking around looking like I had leprosy on my face.

Holy **** .... REALLY!?

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Holy **** .... REALLY!?

That's the references Swede was getting for me from his collection of PDFs. The Nish Nabs and the Mohican might of still practiced it during contact which is where the "dogman" legends in New York and Michigan might of came from.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's the references Swede was getting for me from his collection of PDFs. The Nish Nabs and the Mohican might of still practiced it during contact which is where the "dogman" legends in New York and Michigan might of came from.

I reiterate ... holy ****. All my ancestors did was paint themselves blue and dress up as trees.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I reiterate ... holy ****. All my ancestors did was paint themselves blue and dress up as trees.

Well, I had to learn how to dislocate joints but that is waaaay too far for me.

• Like 3

Hello, 

To clarify - 

This is a book " The Holey Mindbell" that I made while studying print design and arts. I designed the layout, design, casing, and completed the manufacturing process.

Below a cover design, Preface, contents and one whole spread illustration.

Here is a short instagram video showing the casing and the book itself :

*Snip*
Edited by kmt_sesh
Advertizing

On April 1, 2018 at 5:52 PM, Orphalesion said:

So was there also a "race of species" with hugely enlarged lower lips (leading to some tribes in Africa doing that plate thing with theirs) and a "race of species" with giraffe legs leading to other tribes using necklaces to elongate their necks? And a race of species with flower feet that inspired foot binding?

People have just always gone to ridiculous lengths to modify their bodies. To stand out, to mark themselves as members of the same group, out of norms etc etc etc. It can start as a fashion, then becomes a custom then a tradition etc etc etc.
Doesn't need any aliens.

Funny you should mention the lip plate. I have a page that concerns this bizarre tradition.

Did you know that Native tribes from Alaska and North Canada also practised the use of a lip plate ?

*Snip*

Curious...

As to a different "race": Good question, rather difficult one. I am currently seeking for a resolution of this matter.

As of today because I do not know the truth, I am open to possibilities, no matter how obscure and contradictionary to current paradigm they might seem.

After all, history has proven so many outlandish claims to be proven right through time.

"Doesn't need any aliens", maybe so.. Still, various historical texts, folklore and religious writings around the globe tell of a story of intelligent being of sorts, ie God / Gods interacting with natives.

Of course,It is a matter of interpretation, but we simply cannot declare all ancient texts as fiction and nothing more.

The question is where do we draw the line, or how are we able to follow the thin red line of collective truth ?

12 hours ago, Piney said:

Genetics and evolutionary science shows otherwise. :rolleyes:

As a layman concerning microbiology, I try to give some open opinion-

Yes, as of today they seem to beg the differ., but genetics and evolutionary science is all but solved, as far as life in planet earth is concerned.

After all, many microorganism ie life forms have come here along with meteors, and if we trace the forming of a planet earth far enough, it is composite of various materials from here and there.

I think that the differences are not that noticeable, rather subtle. I wonder what so called "junk dna" turns out to be in the future..?

What about this quote - "Cambridge researchers say we acquired essential 'foreign' genes from microorganisms co-habiting their environment in ancient times"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2994187/Mystery-alien-genes-Scientists-discover-DNA-NOT-ancestors-say-change-think-evolution.html

I see evolutionary science to "evolve" in their conclusions:

https://www.nature.com/news/does-evolutionary-theory-need-a-rethink-1.16080 

Well, time will resolve these questions towards more fine tuned understanding of what we are, and where.. 

2 minutes ago, ajfriman said:

As a layman concerning microbiology, I try to give some open opinion-

Yes, as of today they seem to beg the differ., but genetics and evolutionary science is all but solved, as far as life in planet earth is concerned.

After all, many microorganism ie life forms have come here along with meteors, and if we trace the forming of a planet earth far enough, it is composite of various materials from here and there.

I think that the differences are not that noticeable, rather subtle. I wonder what so called "junk dna" turns out to be in the future..?

What about this quote - "Cambridge researchers say we acquired essential 'foreign' genes from microorganisms co-habiting their environment in ancient times"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2994187/Mystery-alien-genes-Scientists-discover-DNA-NOT-ancestors-say-change-think-evolution.html

I see evolutionary science to "evolve" in their conclusions:

https://www.nature.com/news/does-evolutionary-theory-need-a-rethink-1.16080 

Well, time will resolve these questions towards more fine tuned understanding of what we are, and where.. 

The foreign DNA is collected from zoonotic diseases that have transferred from animals and viruses we picked up in our travels. Not a alien race.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ajfriman said:

Funny you should mention the lip plate. I have a page that concerns this bizarre tradition.

Did you know that Native tribes from Alaska and North Canada also practised the use of a lip plate ?

*Snip*

Curious...

As to a different "race": Good question, rather difficult one. I am currently seeking for a resolution of this matter.

As of today because I do not know the truth, I am open to possibilities, no matter how obscure and contradictionary to current paradigm they might seem.

After all, history has proven so many outlandish claims to be proven right through time.

"Doesn't need any aliens", maybe so.. Still, various historical texts, folklore and religious writings around the globe tell of a story of intelligent being of sorts, ie God / Gods interacting with natives.

Of course,It is a matter of interpretation, but we simply cannot declare all ancient texts as fiction and nothing more.

The question is where do we draw the line, or how are we able to follow the thin red line of collective truth ?

So It took a alien race to teach us native brown people in the Americas about building and plant genetics. Rather a racist concept, is it not? 

• Like 6

Here’s a question, and thanks to Piney for brining it up, how come the aliens didn’t meet up with my lot and do whatever? How come no one ever picked the Celts or the Romans or the Britons or the Goths as part of these narratives? 

We built stuff damnit! We made Stonehenge! We made Barrows and carved pictures of horses and giants with huge “clubs” into mountain sides. 

• Like 6

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked