Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elongated Skulls / Why ?

ajfriman

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Convention that predates me.

You know, because we are all deadlocked into using the same, out-of-date terminology, the same way we refer to Americans and "Romans," the Germans "Achaeans" and Native Americans "savages who can't pile rocks or dirt on top of each other and need white people to come and do it for them."

It's why I call Georgia Iberia, the Ukraine Bessarabia or Lesser Poland, and Tasmania Van Dieman's Land. That way, everyone knows immediately to discount my opinions on modern geo-politics, since I know nothing about it.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Native Americans "savages who can't pile rocks or dirt on top of each other and need white people to come and do it for them."

Well, according to some it was the Japo-Celts who built the Hopewell Mound Complexes after a stop over in Lemuria. .....meh...just my Musings

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Or the Collesseum. Or Stonehenge. Or Carnac. Or .....

Well I have heard from very thrustworthy sources that the Roman Empire was created by a precursor civilization of aliens known as the Romulans.

I mean, it's right there in the name...

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You haven't done any research, have you? Head binding was a common practice of several Amerindian peoples of the New World alone, including the Maya.         https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_cranial_deformation                                           

I can’t see what your point is.

5 hours ago, Piney said:

Some tattoos have been shown to mark acupressure/puncture locations. 

Okay, next time my shoulder plays up instead of reaching for deep heat lotion I’ll get a dragon tattoo. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Okay, next time my shoulder plays up instead of reaching for deep heat lotion I’ll get a dragon tattoo. 

Naw, get a heart with mom in it. It works better for rotator cuff problems.

• Like 3

Elongated skulls are more like giant lips presently... it come from nonsense and some kind of biased glorification of physical trait.

It's the Botox of their day.

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, kmt_sesh said:

I have to disagree with your catch phrase "From adoration derives Imitation." We don't know what originally inspired the idea to create skull deformation in South America or in other places like Nigeria. It's of course entirely human inspired, but who started it first, and why, is not well understood. It has nothing to do with aliens. 

Some, including Dr. Richard Johnson, aver that the head binding phenomenon is phallic in nature.

Harte

• Like 3

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I consider a lot more than Cayce. He is not even the major player in forming my beliefs on this particular subject.

You seem to always be anxious to accuse me of some kind of anti-Native American stuff. Oh well.

Papa, these are Native American skulls.

You won't get that kind of flack if you talk about, say, the Piri Reis Map or the use of the Pythagorean Theorem at Carnac.

Harte

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harte said:

Some, including Dr. Richard Johnson, aver that the head binding phenomenon is phallic in nature.

Harte

LOL Why am I not surprised you found that reference? I was next going to make an inappropriate head joke but, as a Mod, I know better. I think.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

As Herodotus and Plato are the originators of Atlantis, Herodotus placing it in northwest Africa and Plato placing it just outside the Straits of Gibraltar, and no geological evidence for either is in evidence that pretty much puts "Fail" on the idea of Atlantis' existance. The same can be said for Philip Sclater's theory for Lemuria which was disproven by plate tectonics. That you want to believe otherwise is irrelevant to the discussion. 

Believing the Bible's story of mans creation is and was a matter of faith, not science. 

cormac

Herodotus wrote nothing about Atlantis. Plato holds the copyright on that fantasy.  Herodotus wrote about the people in the Atlas Mountains. Scamming fringe writers and idiot bloggers claim otherwise, admittedly. But nothing about even any civilization, just a paragraph or two in almost a travelogue style. He went on the describe several other types in other regions, some of which never slept, some spoke the language of the birds, some always walked backwards, etc. 

Herodotus was a hoot.

Harte

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

*snicker*

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

It's still just a theory.  The good doctor succumbed during a risky, accelerated phase of testing that he bravely performed on himself.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

People, today, tattoo themselves from head to foot and dye their hair purple and green, no aliens required. Head flattening is a common human behavior around the world in many disparate cultures, places and times. It's just another form of body modification and cultural identity marker. I wonder what kind of alien inspired circumcision?

Don't know.

But I certainly don't want to meet her.

Harte

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I wonder what kind of alien inspired circumcision?

81481235-C2B7-4DAC-A461-E6E945AA5D0A.jpeg.49593f04b960805f64363dcb4aef533e.jpeg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Harte said:

Herodotus wrote nothing about Atlantis. Plato holds the copyright on that fantasy.  Herodotus wrote about the people in the Atlas Mountains. Scamming fringe writers and idiot bloggers claim otherwise, admittedly. But nothing about even any civilization, just a paragraph or two in almost a travelogue style. He went on the describe several other types in other regions, some of which never slept, some spoke the language of the birds, some always walked backwards, etc. 

Herodotus was a hoot.

Harte

Technically true. That would be Herodotus Book 4: Melpomene (185) concerning the Atlantians, which obviously IMO would have been the precursors from Plato's inhabitants. That still puts it as original to the story IMO. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
spelling

I have cleaned up this thread and admittedly should've acted sooner. Poster are reminded never to use our forum for advertising.

A message to ajfriman: When you signed up for Unexplained-Mysteries it was your obligation to dread our Rules. The very first rule you encounter states:

• 1a. Advertising: Do not use the forum to advertise a product, site or service.

Using our forum to advertise your book is in direct violation of that rule. As such, I've removed almost every photo and graphic that was meant to advertise. You are free to discuss your book, bring uo relevant points, and answer questions and challenges. We are first and foremost a discussion forum, and the topic of skull deformation is a worthy topic to discuss. What we are not is a photo album to promote a product.

For the time being I'll take not further action. If you post more pictures of your book or otherwise promote your book, thia thread will be locked and more than likely your membership will be suspended.

He got a little too big headed.

Harte

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I can’t see what your point is.

That's precisely the point!

2 hours ago, Harte said:

Papa, these are Native American skulls.

What skulls in particular do you think Papa was talking about in tis thread??

2 hours ago, Harte said:

You won't get that kind of flack if you talk about, say, the Piri Reis Map or the use of the Pythagorean Theorem at Carnac.

What flack am I getting that matters? Some people here wear underwear that fits too tight. Show me anything I actually said in this thread worthy of flack. 

Edited by papageorge1

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

How are you differentiating real from fantasy sources if you think they are all wrong?

Too many intelligent and independant disparate sources are saying too many similar things for me to discount.

I have no personal reason to care if these societies existed or not, so I can be objective.

How do you reconcile that with the fact that Plato explicitly spells out where Atlantis is meant to be. And it’s not and never was there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

How do you reconcile that with the fact that Plato explicitly spells out where Atlantis is meant to be. And it’s not and never was there.

The location is not specified to anything but beyond the pillars of Hercules as far as I know. And I don't need to believe Plato has everything correct. I put more stock in modern independent psychic insight than Plato. If there was just Plato, I wouldn't even be considering Atlantis seriously.

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The location is not specified to anything but beyond the pillars of Hercules as far as I know. And I don't need to believe Plato has everything correct. I put more stock in modern independent psychic insight than Plato. If there was just Plato, I wouldn't even be considering Atlantis seriously.

And how havevthe psychics proven themselves to be genuine on the matter? Have they found dead bodies? Lost puppies? 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2018 at 0:38 AM, ajfriman said:

Hello, 

Elongated skulls share the trademarks of a pattern I call "From adoration derives Imitation". 
To simplify, this means the following: 
We have found elongated skull made by manipulating the human cranial form. 
Natural question is why? 
My answer is - From adoration derived Imitation. 

I mean by this: many people, especially youngsters today imitate their idols; musicians, actors, players etc. 

My conclusion is that a race of species once interacted with humans, (possibly manufactured us, see bible and other creation stories), 
made material things and acted as supreme beings, that people could not comprehend, but were in awe and astonished. 

So, obviously the form of a head, that was likened to be the base of intellect and manifested personified actions, should be similar as the 
ones they admired. 
Naturally it is more complex than that, but from adoration derived imitation, thus man made elongated skulls, a quest to receive the powers that 
the supreme ones had. 

Long story short - 
Then one day, we decided to question their actions and rebelled against them by the force of numbers and the rest is hidden history: 
Remains of once unified civilization all over the world and similar creation stories. 
What more proof do we need here really ? 
If natural heritage sites would be allowed to be excavated more, major discoveries would be found, 
not to mention to fund archeology the way it should be. 

As if we are a race with amnesia. There are obviously people who know these things, but has decided to suppress the actual information. 
I am sure that writings and such that recall and tell the stories of our past, exists but are behind closed doors. 
Because I do not claim to know the reason for this, I cannot know is it a good thing or a bad thing, but my feeling says that ultimately truth should be told, 
even if it is frightening and diminishes our value as a sovereign species in the planet earth and in the universe for that matter. 
Question is why? 

Of course the is information that one should grow into, and not receive it immaturely, but information our true past, should it be hidden ? 

Here is three pages from my book that wonders the mystery of the elongated skulls. 

*Snip*
*Snip*

*Snip*

What I do know, is that the elongated skulls should receive much more serious investigation, and because that is not the case, I sense something worth hiding. 
The same idea covers archeology and history in general. 

Ever wondered why most of the major archeological sites remain still mostly, unexacavated ? 
Yes, they are national heritage sites, but also a clever means to limit the potential for significant discoveries. 
We could do research without destroying the sites of course. 
Also, why archeology does not receive the funding it should? 

Isn`t knowledge of our past crucial in essence to understand where we are, should go and how ? 
Who is hiding what and most of all why ? 

Kind regards, 
AJFriman

www.ajfriman.com

Nope - many cultures bound and manipulated features of their bodies for various reasons. Not much more to it than that I'm afraid. no aliens or time travelers were involved in this.  

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked