Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to send military to Mexican border

Thanato

On 4/4/2018 at 6:03 AM, Gromdor said:

Ah, you must not have kept up with the latest.  Trump said he is thinking about using the National Guard now, because using the military is illegal. 

His political posturing aside, it changes nothing of what I stated.  What we are facing down there is nothing short of an invasion.  Federal troops are legal for that duty.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Big Jim said:

The main purpose of having a military force is to defend the nation.  There could not logically be a prohibition against using it to prevent an invasion.  That is after all what this group is proposing to do.  The makeup of the group or their level of preparedness towards that end are of no concern to us.  Stopping their objective is.  Just because the military is being used doesn't mean the response has to be lethal.  This is essentially crowd control.  I'm sure we have many resources at our disposal that can be used to maintain the integrity of our borders while avoiding an international incident.  Just as the march through Mexico with the announced intention of forcing their way into the United States is largely symbolic, so is our response to it.  It's high time that we showed a willingness to recognize our borders from within and to convey that message to those that for too long have abused our innate kindness and compassion.  There is a point where even the biggest life boat has to stop taking on passengers to avoid sinking itself.  

That makes too much sense to a dedicated Leftist.  In their philosophy, America is the root of all problems in the world and we OWE everyone a chance at a better life.  Regardless their desire to come here legally or to work for it.  It's just tiresome and I grow weary even discussing it with them.  The hypocrisy is stunning, IMO.  If it were THEY that personally had to pay or share then we'd see a different side of their argument, I'm thinking.

• Like 2

Tru dat...

16 hours ago, Big Jim said:

The main purpose of having a military force is to defend the nation.  There could not logically be a prohibition against using it to prevent an invasion.  That is after all what this group is proposing to do.  The makeup of the group or their level of preparedness towards that end are of no concern to us.  Stopping their objective is.  Just because the military is being used doesn't mean the response has to be lethal.  This is essentially crowd control.  I'm sure we have many resources at our disposal that can be used to maintain the integrity of our borders while avoiding an international incident.  Just as the march through Mexico with the announced intention of forcing their way into the United States is largely symbolic, so is our response to it.  It's high time that we showed a willingness to recognize our borders from within and to convey that message to those that for too long have abused our innate kindness and compassion.  There is a point where even the biggest life boat has to stop taking on passengers to avoid sinking itself.  

Now that's true too, it seems.

4 hours ago, Big Jim said:

This is why it's important to secure the border.  The point is to stop them from entering, not catch and try them after they do.  I'm not a lawyer but I'm sure that somewhere there are statements, laws, precedents or what-have-you that defines and differentiates between an immigrant and an invader.  What happens after they breach the border hinges on that distinction.

(edited to correct a typo)

It's easy to make that distinction.  They merely have to cross the border while carrying guns.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Many are simply escaping horrific conditions like mass murder by the cartels...and you want them gunned down? Who really is behaving like a beast here? 

Why don't they stay in their countries and sort out their problems. if there countries are so screwed up let them hand over them to big nations like usa China or Russia 

• Like 3

yea pretty much, if they spend as much effort into fixing their country as they do jumping our border, they would not have to run away.

billions of people on earth live in horrifying conditions, does not mean everyone can just jump our border

Edited by aztek

1 hour ago, aztek said:

yea pretty much, if they spend as much effort into fixing their country as they do jumping our border, they would not have to run away.

billions of people on earth live in horrifying conditions, does not mean everyone can just jump our border

On top of that how can you guys trust them that in future they will stand up and defend your nation if time comes? they might just move on to better pastures, giving them voting rights is letting your neighbors interfere and decide your family matters. 

• Like 1

Just now, kartikg said:

On top of that how can you guys trust them that in future they will stand up and defend your nation if time comes? 

in general they wont, they will run away the same way they ran from their country.. not to  mention no one even knows who they are, they maybe cartel soldiers and gangsters. they may be fighting against us.

Edited by aztek

Regardless their desire to come here legally or to work for it.

Mexicans come to the U.S. for the free stuff and Democrats invite them in to gain more votes. American borders need to be protected though as Mexicans are about to take over the south-west of the U.S. turning it into such a hellhole as Mexico.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, and then said:

His political posturing aside, it changes nothing of what I stated.  What we are facing down there is nothing short of an invasion.  Federal troops are legal for that duty.

Come on, And Then. You act like our military should protect our borders and our people when they really should build nations and change regimes. Syria is much more important than Mexico to our citizens so we should spend our resources there. I hate the fact that I have to add a sarcasm disclaimer to my post. :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kartikg said:

On top of that how can you guys trust them that in future they will stand up and defend your nation if time comes? they might just move on to better pastures, giving them voting rights is letting your neighbors interfere and decide your family matters

Typical SJWs, in other words, eh?