Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Gun Grab Begins

OverSword

Just now, DingoLingo said:

just like you can.. 

its a circular argument.. 

lol, what are you arguing exactly? that we should not be worried about gun grab and it is a good thing? well no, thanks for your opinion but we do not think so. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DingoLingo said:

I know.. same as there are places where gun control has not lead to dictatorships.. 

see what I am getting at here? 

Nope.  I've countered that long ago.  Have you seen my treatise on the political spectrum?  In my version, there is no Left or Right.  You have 0% government (anarchy) at one end and 100% government (totalitarian & authoritarian) at the other.  All government starts somewhere on this spectrum.  All government trends toward the 100% end.  All government have different speeds in which they travel on this spectrum.  All government but one.  The one that is limited by law.  All government take on characteristics of dictatorship in good time.  A reset (temporary) can happen from some form of dynastic failure but when things settle down, it finds it's own pace through this progression again.  One of the first steps is always to disarm the people.  This is an axiom.  It is the Cliff's notes of the history of government.  There is no counter or argument against it.

• Like 2

Just now, aztek said:

lol, what are you arguing exactly? that we should not be worry about gun grab and it is a good thing? well no thanks for you r opinion but we do not think so. 

I know.. its your fear again.. 

Hey.. remember I am not about banning all guns.. and I know the controls we have here will not work over there.. never said it would.. 

I have always said.. gun control.. can.. and does work.. you just have to be willing to work out what kind of control will work for you.. 

• Like 2

Just now, DingoLingo said:

feel free to call it anything you want, but we still keeping our guns.

do you have a fire extinguisher?  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

I know.. but when Dark Grey starts making statements that make it look like gun control leads to dictatorships *shrugs* .. 22 years so far here.. 

Regardless, it's written into our constitution that our rights to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.  If it said that in your constitution and then you allowed them to take away your rights then I have zero respect for that lack of action on your part.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Regardless, it's written into our constitution that our rights to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed.  If it said that in your constitution and then you allowed them to take away your rights then I have zero respect for that lack of action on your part.

Image result for the right to bare arms

Sorry.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

That is the funny thing about the american revolution.. if King George was not so much of an ass.. you would still be a constitutional Monarchy.. and probably be over my part of the world competing in the commonwealth games.. 

But unfortunately he was.. and your not.. *shrugs* 

You mean fortunately.  If we were in them you guys wouldn't win a medal :ph34r:*hides*

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

As much as I like that idea, early on it needs to be taken care of in-house.  Outsiders, even from nearby towns would send the wrong message.  If the first round fails, then bring in that million.

I don’t know about that man. It’s not like this legislation is still up for debate. 

Then again it’s only fines to start. I guess maybe it can wait till an actual confiscation. It’s not like they are gonna announce it though. 

At the very least it should be known and openly talked about. A very clear message needs to be sent here. This will not be taken lightly, and people are ready to organize and move in a moments notice. 

Honestly im torn. A big part of me is telling me to start packing up the car right now. I personally have guns that match these descriptions. How long till this reaches my door? If we wait till then it will be to late. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

feel free to call it anything you want, but we still keeping our guns.

do you have a fire extinguisher?  

actually.. no I dont.. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

and that is why your country will never actually be free.. 

because you let fear rule your lives.. 

:lol: Wait!  Tell me why you let them take away your guns again?  Wasn't it out of fear?  Yes it was!  :P

• Like 5

Just now, OverSword said:

You mean fortunately.  If we were in them you guys wouldn't win a medal :ph34r:*hides*

ok ok.. yes our prowess in the pool has been poor the last olympics.. and the track.. 

• Like 3

Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

Image result for the right to bare arms

Sorry.

you really should not be posting that, in your country arms like that are considered deadly weapon,  lol true story

Judge rules martial arts fighter's hands and feet are 'deadly weapons' in road rage attack

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111617/Fernando-Rodrigues-jailed-Judge-rules-martial-arts-fighters-hands-feet-deadly-weapons.html#ixzz5Boz8cIu4 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

:lol: Wait!  Tell me why you let them take away your guns again?  Wasn't it out of fear?  Yes it was!  :P

no.. actually it was logic.. 

Jim Jerries sums up the aussie attitude to our gun buy back started 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Hey.. remember I am not about banning all guns.. and I know the controls we have here will not work over there.. never said it would.. 

I have always said.. gun control.. can.. and does work.. you just have to be willing to work out what kind of control will work for you.. 

I think the problem here is that  they are making ownership of those guns illegal. Sale and manufacture is one thing but ownership is something else.

In Australia our Government was put into the position of buy back and voluntary hand over. This was also an amnesty, so no charges for illegal firearms.They had to pay people, without fear of repurcusion, at thier own choice. Australia are not really very good at Tyranny.

I wonder how many guns the government in America might get if they held a similar amnesty?

More carrot less stick.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

That is the funny thing about the american revolution.. if King George was not so much of an ass.. you would still be a constitutional Monarchy.. and probably be over my part of the world competing in the commonwealth games.. 

But unfortunately he was.. and your not.. *shrugs* 

Your country is lost man. You literally can’t even speak if your opinion isn’t sanctioned. Up till just recently you have been ruled by unelected tyrants, half of you willingly. 

You have been disarmed, so their is no limit to the tyranny they can impose on you, which inches further everyday  

Unfortunate? No it’s very fortunate  

4 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I wonder how many guns the government in America might get if they held a similar amnesty?

More carrot less stick.

Just the ones you didn't want anyway.

• Like 2

yea 1 dude taped 3\4 black pipe to a 2x4 put serial number and got 100 bucks, lol

Image result for us gun buyback failure

• Like 4

Basically that was the premise of the buy back. Loads of Grannies handed in illegal firearms that thier idiot children or grandchildren had kept. Stolen or used in crimes. And Granny got cashed up.

I don't agree with punishing sensible gun owners.

• Like 3

Just now, aztek said:

yea 1 dude taped 3\4 black pipe to a 2x4 put serial number and got 100 bucks, lol

Well done to him. He got $100. Perhaps if your government does the same thing you could be that clever.

• Like 2

Just now, Kismit said:

Well done to him. He got $100. Perhaps if your government does the same thing you could be that clever.

it happened in usa

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

LOL, I don't have any fear.

Where do you get that?

• Like 1

I get that most people in forums like this don't understand the American attitude about this.  To me the entire issue is more about rights than it is about guns.  I'll be damned if I'm going to allow a bunch of power hungry self important bureaucrats start taking away, limiting, or redefining the rights granted to me in my constitution.  IMO our federal government has overreached it's constitutional limitations on many fronts and needs to be reigned in, making this a very inappropriate time to consider giving up or limiting  one of our levers to put the federal government back where it belongs.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kismit said:

You mean that dishonest?

I see it as theft.

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

With the popularity of programs like "Forge in Fire", show that there is a growing interest in blacksmithing.  And as seen with the events caused by the 18th Amendment.  Gun making will go underground and guns will end up on the black market.  There will be bootleggers smuggling guns all over.  The government will have to start regulating iron/steel and coking coal.  There'll be raids on illegal forges, etc.  There'll be more deaths than there ever was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

You mean that dishonest?

I see it as theft.

That is interesting. I see it as ingenuity. But that is in the concept I saw it in.

When my eldest child lost his first tooth, he took his $2 from the tooth fairy, went to the shop, brought some candy teeth and stuck them in a glass of water beside the bed. He saw a potential to make money and he marketed it. This was how I viewed the fake gun.

• Like 3