Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is black magic dangerous?

Brian Hart

Magic cannot harm you. Period.

I will let you in on a secret; so-called "magic" does not exist. No sparks, no flashes from wands, no special incantations, no glowing circles or glyphs...nothing. It is all in your head. Magic is only "real" if you pretend it to be so. What CAN hurt you is real actions such as someone physically attacking you or if you decide to play solitaire in the middle of a busy highway.

No one can curse you. It only seems to work because people believe that it can. Once you realize it is all parlor tricks then it can no longer affect you in any way. Sure, someone can scream that they are putting a curse on you that makes your belly button ooze swamp gas but the trick is seeing through the gme playing. All curses depend solely on the recipient being stupid and ignorant enough to take it seriously.

All you need to do is laugh and call them out as the toothless, paper tigers that they always were. Ignorance and gullibility is what they need in order for their hoax to work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Magic" is, as Terry Pratchett puts it, really just "headology", it's about causing/influencing psychological effects, moods, frames of mind by using symbols or rituals tied to mythology, similar to the positive psychological effect prayer can have.

In this context "White Magic" would be someone trying to encourage positive feelings inside you by employing symbols that cause good feelings and "black magic" would be someone trying to frighten you by employing symbols that cause fear. Pyschology does the rest and suddenly anything slightly positive that happens to you is the result of the "good magic" and everything slightly that happens to you is the result of the "evil magic". Then the subconsciousness might get overactive and you subconsciously maneuver yourself into good/dangerous situations. 

So "Black Magic", such as it exists, boils down to someone trying to convince you that you are cursed and that whatever bad luck comes your way is the result of something they have done. It can only harm you if you buy into it and allow it to harm you.
This is also what people who call themselves "witches" will tell you if they take their craft seriously.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Brian Hart said:

Has anyone experienced black magic? I noticed many people are saying it's dangerous and It shouldn't be touched http://biblereasons.com/is-black-magic-real/. Can it really kill you and is it the same as voodoo? Thanks for any advice that is given. 

Yes.  And yes, it should not be touched or played with.  If attachments are formed with intelligent entities (which necessarily happens in black magic), they can cause your physical body to wane away, robbing your health and energy.  People dabble in this crap all the time and have no idea what they're dealing with.  I do.  I've been on the receiving end more than once.  If you are on the 'dishing out' end of the problem, you may receive protection as long as you stay with the downward spiral of your soul.  But at the end of the time, the rent will be due.  It is said to be more horrible than you can imagine. 

The reason people turn to black magic is usually revenge or greed or indulgences, passion, undue power or influence over others.  But it all leads to just one end.  And it isn't pretty.  The other two people who responded here are being a bit reckless IMHO.  It's as if you stumbled into a chainsaw factory  and asked 'are these saws dangerous or should I just grab one and dabble, not worrying?"  Their advice seems to be 'chainsaws don't exist so don't worry about it.

This stuff exists.  I didn't believe it until it happened to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SSilhouette said:

It's as if you stumbled into a chainsaw factory  and asked 'are these saws dangerous or should I just grab one and dabble, not worrying?"  Their advice seems to be 'chainsaws don't exist so don't worry about it.

Actually it's more "The nasty stabby man can only harm you if you open your door to the nasty stabby man and invite him in for tea" on which we seem to agree, if I'm not mistaken, even if we might disagree on the exact cause.

1 hour ago, SSilhouette said:

The reason people turn to black magic is usually revenge or greed or indulgences, passion, undue power or influence over others.  But it all leads to just one end.  And it isn't pretty.  

I found this interesting. This is the main reason I no longer accept students or open the door for adepts to initiate. Every one of them bottom line, is wanting power, has this idea that if he/she gets to the real deal in Haiti he/she will finally get ahead/even/back at/revenge. And I watched them and they try, and it ends up becoming their own fate, time and time and time again. My hands are clean, I helped no one down that road. Never met one smart enough to stay right. Or as some would say it, had the right INTENT to succeed. 

The majority of the people you will meet and run with and be pals with into this are this sort of person. Weak, scared, spiteful. The sorts who as cops will get you killed. It is not a road for the light minded :). I saw this really prevalent in Voodoo circles. I think it less true about western circles but it is still there in a lot of them. An inherent selfishness in many which made the few good ones really stand out. JMO. People scare me way more than any spirits out there. 

It is best that you buy into the "that's all fake and nothing there and stupid" and move on past it. It is like that story about the tar baby. Don't touch it. You won't get up from it clean if you do, and why bother anyway?  LOL. It is kind of a time intensive hobby. There are better ones.

I am curious why you are asking, though. Is someone threatening you? Or are you just curious?

nvm checked your link and realize you are probably trying to save us :).  Too late LOL. I'm good, thanks. 

Edited by Not A Rockstar
added a comment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brian Hart said:

Has anyone experienced black magic? I noticed many people are saying it's dangerous and It shouldn't be touched http://biblereasons.com/is-black-magic-real/. Can it really kill you and is it the same as voodoo? Thanks for any advice that is given. 

Why Bible? What about Vedas? What Avesta?

• Like 1

I think it is to bait in us wicked lost souls to read that page is all Lumpino, now I have checked on it. I left my posts up to help anyone else finding this later (or not). 

• Thanks 1

It's not the same as Vodou/Voodoo, which is actually a religion. 

The folk magic practices are called hoodoo, and depending on the practitioner, they can be for hexing/cursing or other things like healing.

It depends on what you're looking at as black magic(k). Maybe you'd think working with Goetia would be black magick and dangerous. 

Someone else might just think of it as working out the kinks in their psyche. 

If you're afraid of something, you should probably leave it alone, because the subconscious can mess with you. 

Inner "demons" have a way of becoming outer ones.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 9:37 PM, ChaosRose said:

It's not the same as Vodou/Voodoo, which is actually a religion. 

The folk magic practices are called hoodoo, and depending on the practitioner, they can be for hexing/cursing or other things like healing.

Thank you for pointing the fact that is a religion out!! 

Studying Cultural Anthropology, one of my biggest pet peeves is people not realizing its a belief system, not just a set of rituals or magic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 4/5/2018 at 9:15 PM, Ryu said:

Magic cannot harm you. Period.

I will let you in on a secret; so-called "magic" does not exist.

Any sufficient advance in technology would would be identical to magic. That magic would certainly have the potential for harm.

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:42 AM, Brian Hart said:

I hate to point this out to you but the universe is run by a higher intelligence and it wants to break you. It wants to ruin your day, your week, your life, and gets its jollies whenever it manages to get under your skin and make you miserable.

Next time you have a bad day go catch the bus home, go for a walk in the park, go around the supermarket, go to the pub, go talk to friends, go to the gym, or whatever you choose. See if you notice any button pressing going on with whatever you encounter in reality. Button pressing that suggests there is some universal plot going on to wind you up or some evil satanic genius behind it all trying to give you a meltdown.

Ok, so there is no higher force!!! No evil genius, no demiurge, and no Satan.

What we do have though is a reality which is structured (and this is proven by modern physics). When asked why things happen most people only know one kind of causality which is linear causality - this happens, causing this to happen, causing that to happen, in one direction forward in time. But of course physics has identified several others during experiments. The one important for this discussion is non-linear causation which is normally non-local too.

Lets suppose you have an object stored in a box to stop you knowing how much it weighs. You get another object and without gaining information on how much it weighs you put its weight into symmetry with the weight of the object in the box. Hard to do if you tried playing out this particular thought experiment but please bare with me. What you are left with is two objects that weigh the same as each other but you dont know what that weight is. So that weight is a probability to you.

You have the two objects placed at separate locations. You object the nearest box, take the object out, put it on some scales, and weigh it. At that moment not only do you know its weight but you know the weight of the other object at the other location too. What we have just done is shown you how you can alter, influence, or collapse the probability describing some aspect of a far away object by gaining information on one here which is in symmetry with it. Voodoo, but to stop it sounding far out we will stick with the turn quantum teleportation or as Einstein famously called it spooky action at a distance!

Reality is structured up using these non-linear non-local relationships. Reality out of your view is behaving as a probability because you have no information on it. But it is in symmetry with many aspects of your immediate reality. When you gain information on something behaving as a probability in your immediate vicinity that outcome teleports across space and time structuring the reality out of your view.

So you dent your car stressing you out. And then as if by magic you get reminded of it in the pub by what appears to be two random guys talking about dents in cars. Not funny, like some higher force is having a laugh!!

Get your Bible out and actually read how it says to behave and conduct yourself. Adopt the correct state of mind where you not only think love, compassion, and kindness, but treat other people that way too. Unless they are evil then you avoid, expose, and give them a hard time. Go beyond that, apply as much of its moral guiding as you can which is relevant to modern society and which wont get you in trouble.

Your immediate thoughts, intentions, actions, and experiences, shape the reality outside of your view. You make your own heaven or your own hell. As above, so below. What is inside the head shapes what is outside the head. Etc, etc.

Stay away from black magic and build a paradise for yourself instead. Introduce hate, anger, rage, and anything else underpinning a desire or attempt at black magic puts all of that out there too.

Yes and no, same goes to white and dark magic. Depends what you or they gonna use with it.

And 1 more thing. Don't always think because in physical that doesn't magic cannot reach you. The universe have unlimited possibility, so don't simply go offend someone. Its important not to bad mouth or bully. 

Absolutely it can harm you.

People use it for bad things,you ever watch Cops? On more than 1 occasion they busted multi millionaire drug dealers who had black magic alters that they worship.

Satan tells them that he'll make them kings and queens in hell but I wouldn't believe that guy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 1:40 PM, TheHumanDude said:

Absolutely it can harm you.

People use it for bad things,you ever watch Cops? On more than 1 occasion they busted multi millionaire drug dealers who had black magic alters that they worship.

Satan tells them that he'll make them kings and queens in hell but I wouldn't believe that guy.

I've dabbled in blood magic before and other darker forms of magic. Whether it was mind over matter or real results, I did end up on the highest plateau of life and got everything I wanted and then some. Years later, with that behind me, still haven't had any consequences. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 8:04 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

I found this interesting. This is the main reason I no longer accept students or open the door for adepts to initiate. Every one of them bottom line, is wanting power, has this idea that if he/she gets to the real deal in Haiti he/she will finally get ahead/even/back at/revenge. And I watched them and they try, and it ends up becoming their own fate, time and time and time again. My hands are clean, I helped no one down that road. Never met one smart enough to stay right. Or as some would say it, had the right INTENT to succeed. 

The majority of the people you will meet and run with and be pals with into this are this sort of person. Weak, scared, spiteful. The sorts who as cops will get you killed. It is not a road for the light minded :). I saw this really prevalent in Voodoo circles. I think it less true about western circles but it is still there in a lot of them. An inherent selfishness in many which made the few good ones really stand out. JMO. People scare me way more than any spirits out there.

True that.  Not just western circles but seemingly all people.  There are people searching for personal power to help their family or see themselves through hard times.  Those that succeed open the door to the strength and goodness they already have inside.  Those are some good people to hang around with.  Then there are some mean folks who only want power.  They can find power but open up to the meanness they already have and become dangerous.   Those are folks to avoid.  They are not looking for friends, just objects to use.  I discovered a while back that for myself, seeking personal power is a lot of work and tenuous reward.  A common man can help his friends and overcome or bear difficulties without supernatural assistance.  That is power in its own way.

• Like 4

On 4/5/2018 at 7:43 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

I will tell you the most dangerous thing about black magic. It is the imaginative dumb butts who do not know what they are doing attempting some stupid ritual. Killing animals or harming others for some supposed contact and deal with an entity they can barely pronounce the name of. It is so-called high priests encouraging their followers to dope up and sex up, too. It is these same high priests taking advantage of lost teens and getting them convinced they are "loved" and are "family" and damaging their emotional futures, if not their minds from the drugs and stupid crap taught as "magic". Then the supposed lore out of used Crowley books and other stupid efforts to be cool and find something real and "bad". That is what is dangerous. Troubled teens in suicide pacts and similar stuff because of some persuasive POS. I worked more than a couple cases like that back when I worked the Florida beach scene as a cop. Pathetic, very destructive POS trash. Nobody knew my personal faith while I worked in that career field either. It was ironic really. I shut a lot of those HPs down and out of town, because I would take the time and work it and hang them with a solid case. I do not like abuse, even if the victims are stupid and fell for it. Only thing lower than a willful, cult building spiritual con man to me is a pedophile.

Thanks for your efforts.

8bab433ac81b48ea04c2120ca9391aad.jpg

If I can say anything. It was totally worth all the time it took to teach my cat magic missile.

• Haha 1

Black magick is really about an ego driven power trip. Giving you the illusion of being powerful, when you're not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2018 at 5:42 PM, Brian Hart said:

Yes and No. It depends on a lot of psychology. Generally those who seek or accept negativity will start to see it surround them. A form of confirmation bias begins and can actually become self fulfilling on both ends. This was common knowledge in the religions of Ancient Rome all the way to shamanic and voodoo circles.

Now... the real tools of a someone knowledgeable and with mal intent or a bad witch/warlock/sorcerer etc etc are not always non physical. Many of the actual things they are responsible for in times gone are physical attacks usually in the form of poisonings. A lot of "black magic" involves dangerous substances. Herbs, toads, snakes etc etc. the rituals were tied in with getting these things into their enemies. This is what a lot of ancient spells/curses required the incantor to leave something with the victim. What's left out of modern rites is how the person gets poisoned by it. I know of at least three herbs within one mile of my house that will silently kill someone. All theee are terrible deaths and if dosed properly one of them will send someone into a terrible feverish delirium  always full of evil hullucinations and madness. Then death or recovery depending on the dosage.  This is serious being sent to hell kind of experience. 

If you believe in pure spirit world type curses and magic, then I can tell you that the other world is closely tied to intent. Any kind of mal intent is born of a psychological base of fear. Fear will bring all kinds of negative attachments and terrible problems. 

In short, I'd say black magic is very dangerous for the user and only dangerous for the recipient if assaulted in a physical way as mentioned or if their own psychology accepts the fear. As to entities sent by others? Anyone who tells you that probably hasn't actually met any of them before ;) 

Edited by SeekerWCF
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 06/04/2018 at 1:42 AM, Brian Hart said:

I've got a documentary on DVD about a couple somewhere in England who had a voodoo curse placed on them and all manner of terrifying stuff happened to them.

7 hours ago, Black Monk said:

I've got a documentary on DVD about a couple somewhere in England who had a voodoo curse placed on them and all manner of terrifying stuff happened to them.

Nocebo effect and self fulfilling actions. 

7 hours ago, Black Monk said:

The power of suggestion is amazing if your target is a believer. :tu:

• Like 3

The Real Meaning Of Magic is not Real. But if You are Talking About Manifestation ( Energy into Matter ) Then, Yes it's Real. It just Doesn't Work Right Away. But You would be Surprise How Fast it Dose Work.  

• Like 1