Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Nasca Lines discovered

Ozfactor

If those lines were man-made then it proves that deep within our history existed a far more advanced civilization - that our history books prefer to skip over.  I`m quite surprised that we havnt seen rogue groups crawling out of the brick work - so to speak - with claims that they can replicate the Nasca lines (over night) with planks, rope and a hammer.  

1 minute ago, Mark One said:

If those lines were man-made then it proves that deep within our history existed a far more advanced civilization - that our history books prefer to skip over.  I`m quite surprised that we havnt seen rogue groups crawling out of the brick work - so to speak - with claims that they can replicate the Nasca lines (over night) with planks, rope and a hammer.  

You’re conflating two different phenomena in order to support an unsubstantiated claim. 

Why does the existence of Nazca Lines mean missing ancient super culture BTW? I’ve never been able to grasp that one,sorry. 

• Like 9

I'm struggling to work out why lines in the desert take more than a stick and some advanced planning to produce, they are formed by the moving of rocks and the stripping of the top layer of earth aren't they?

I can understand why people would assume that as they can only be seen from the air that they were supposed to be seen that way, but they wouldn't need to be an advanced culture to design and draw out the images, and they would be far from the first culture to assume supernatural forces or ancestors are looking down at them from above.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Mark One said:

So are you suggesting that we Indians were too stupid to do it and needed outside help?

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You’re conflating two different phenomena in order to support an unsubstantiated claim. 

Why does the existence of Nazca Lines mean missing ancient super culture BTW? I’ve never been able to grasp that one,sorry. 

Well for one its my firm belief that there have been several `super cultures` here long before we arrived on the scene.

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

So are you suggesting that we Indians were too stupid to do it and needed outside help?

Nope, well only on Wednesdays (joking)

• Like 1

Nope, well only on Wednesdays (joking)

:lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Well for one its my firm belief that there have been several `super cultures` here long before we arrived on the scene.

This story doesn't really have any aspect to it to back those beliefs up though does it?

Just now, Grignr said:

This story doesn't really have any aspect to it to back those beliefs up though does it?

I totally disagree for the writing is clearly on wall ground. 

9 minutes ago, Mark One said:

They would of left evidence called "pollution". Which there is none.

• Like 3

Just now, Piney said:

They would of left evidence called "pollution". Which there is none.

Correct but when you take into account historical natural disasters such as the floods, the ice age etc, such polluted traces would be natural cleansed over a long period of time. 

And before someone picks up on the floods and then asks me to explain why such an event didnt affect the Nasca area - who knows, maybe the height and natural contour of that portion of the earth was spared.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark One said:

I totally disagree for the writing is clearly on wall ground. 

Which part of this articles or the Nazca lines as a general topic requires a "Super culture"?

I think we're seeing more and more proof of bigger American civilisations than we originally were aware of, the scale of devastation caused by diseases and the following Europeans in the 1500s is only now being appreciated. However, suggesting those people weren't capable of sketching out some big pictures on the ground is a bit of an insult.

• Like 6

Correct but when you take into account historical natural disasters such as the floods, the ice age etc, such polluted traces would be natural cleansed over a long period of time. 

And before someone picks up on the floods and then asks me to explain why such an event didnt affect the Nasca area - who knows, maybe the height and natural contour of that portion of the earth was spared.

The catastrophic floods in the Americas didn't go past Virginia and we would of found traces of artificially created materials

• Like 3

Right, I`m going to leave this topic now.  No more quoted questions for me please.  Discuss your own views with the others monitoring this topic.

22 minutes ago, Mark One said:

And I’d agree. Except for the lack of evidence beyond the curcumstantial and none what so ever for the Nazca lines to be anything other then the result of the Nazca culture. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Right, I`m going to leave this topic now.  No more quoted questions for me please.  Discuss your own views with the others monitoring this topic.

"Quoted"    :lol:

• Like 2

FWIW, I do believe there was a culture other than Babylon/Greece/Egypt back before preserved history. But Nazca? That’s the locals.

• Like 4

I would love to find proof of such cultures. Fundamentally the human brain hasn't changed in structure since long before the rise of modern civilisation, I think there are times in our history in which you could fit whole civilisations the length of the Egyptians or the Romans, however there's not been many "shocking discoveries which change our views of human development!!!" which shift the established progression of stone age, bronze age, iron age more than a few hundred years in either direction. Maybe one day. 

15 minutes ago, Grignr said:

I would love to find proof of such cultures. Fundamentally the human brain hasn't changed in structure since long before the rise of modern civilisation, I think there are times in our history in which you could fit whole civilisations the length of the Egyptians or the Romans, however there's not been many "shocking discoveries which change our views of human development!!!" which shift the established progression of stone age, bronze age, iron age more than a few hundred years in either direction. Maybe one day. 

Ohh but what we have discovered .... Angor Wat was HUGE. As in 3/4 of a million inhabitants VAST swathes of land huge.

We’ve started to explore the old pre-Roman roads of Europe and the British Isles and the discoveries made expand our knowledge.

• Like 4

I don't disagree, its part of why archaeology fascinates me, its the one thing that gives me some faith in the future, the scale and achievements of the human race so far. However I don't believe any of these discoveries shift the established view of the technological progression of human societies over time by any large margin, they're often extreme examples which prove the rule.

There was a recent documentary by the BBC on the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, it made some big jumps and assumptions, mainly that the garden was actually established by an earlier king than Nebuchadnezzar and as a result was actually far from Babylon and closer to the seat of that King's power much further North.

Whether the assumption was true or not, they found evidence and ruins of canals and aquaducts spanning miles, seemingly to the site of the proposed garden, these aquaducts kept a steady downhill angle all the way to the old capital. None of the technology was impossible for the time, but the scale of the project seems incredible.

Finally they made some assumptions that based on the description of water carrying technology with reference to a local palm, this palm has a growth pattern that makes the trunk resemble a corkscrew when fully grown. Technically this structure could have been used to create a screw pump for the water when it reached the garden, this technology came some time before it was described by Archimedes, but again its not so far outside of human progress to make it more than a little unusual.

• Like 2

Lots of work on these geoglyph , don't know how much times was taken to build them and how many structure and art have been lost in time.

Don't know if a giant kite or hot air balloon could have been build in these times. For example, kite was used in China like 500 BC...and Chinese experimented with small hot air balloon for signaling from as early as the 3rd century BC. It was possible to do it technologically, materials was available. 

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 4

The 'idea' is the more critical of the importance here ... not how well they can swallow or belch out fiction. It does require some higher form of Conceptual Intellect to make certain things happen, and this form of evolution is never linear, ion a few short decades the world may be changed unrecognizable, while in another few short centuries everything is forgotten and in a millennia, disappears from all things still unknown.

~

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, third_eye said:

It does require some higher form of Conceptual Intellect to make certain things happen, and this form of evolution is never linear,

I can never drive this idea into the heads of strictly Indo-European speakers.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mark One said:

No need for those types of tools....You can remake the Nazca lines with your foot and a little bit of determination and motivation.

Edited by The Narcisse
  • Like 2