Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum Update (April 2018)

Saru

Ah... The double line spacing appears to have been fixed, on the mobile version.

Good work, Mr. Saruman! :tsu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do all reactions count as a "likes received" in a member's reputation? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Do all reactions count as a "likes received" in a member's reputation? 

The default setting is that positive reactions such as 'like', 'thanks' and 'funny' do count as +1, while neutral reactions like 'sad' and 'confusing' do not.

• Like 2

Of course, there are instances when a sad 'like' is appropriate and positive, but so long as it doesn't reduce the reputation count, it won't keep me up at night. :D

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

AARRGH!! The little 'TOP' button has gone :o. Please can it be returned a.s.a.p.?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

AARRGH!! The little 'TOP' button has gone :o. Please can it be returned a.s.a.p.?

Fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

i seem to be double posting replies on the mobile site not sure if its just me or the update

3 minutes ago, danydandan said:

i seem to be double posting replies on the mobile site not sure if its just me or the update

Looks like your post in this thread wasn't duplicated, if it only happened once it's more likely to be a fluke.

• Thanks 1

Oh is that why it signed me out then? It's a good job I remembered that you have to use the very first name you used when you signed up.

• Like 1

So when I'm told that 'acute reacted to a status update' that's the same as liked, only sort of more subtle?

9 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

So when I'm told that 'acute reacted to a status update' that's the same as liked, only sort of more subtle?

It just means that you've received a reaction of some type.

12 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Oh is that why it signed me out then?

Forum updates like this one typically initiate a refresh/rebuild of sessions/cached content, so it will be why you were logged out.

It's also why the search index is rebuilding.

• Thanks 2

I did notice that member's names are no longer in bold.

• Like 1

Not keen on the new like system so far. On the mobile site the button is too big and now you need to look at the likes to see what's what.

Also, why a heart when there isn't an option to love something? 

Maybe I'm just being picky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

I did notice that member's names are no longer in bold.

I'm not seeing any differences in this regard, whereabouts on the forum are member names not in bold where they previously were ?

1 hour ago, I'mConvinced said:

Not keen on the new like system so far. On the mobile site the button is too big

It's only a small icon in the bottom-right corner of a post.

and now you need to look at the likes to see what's what.

Where are you having to do that ?

Also, why a heart when there isn't an option to love something?

That's just what the folks at Invision went with as the default. I mean, I guess we could change it to a thumbs up or something if enough people are bothered by it. The icons (and the reaction types) are customizable.

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Can I ask why a new like system needed?

You can view a full explanation of the reaction system and the thought-process behind it here:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/new-reactions-r1016/

• Thanks 1

Reactions to my updates are not shown in the update section, although they are there on my profile page.

I can see the reactions to everyone else's updates, but not mine.

(Mobile version)

?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Saru said:

I'm not seeing any differences in this regard, whereabouts on the forum are member names not in bold where they previously were ?

Above the avatars the font for the names isn't bold as it was, maybe my settings need adjusting.

No biggie though.

Thanks

Edited by .ZZ.

Just want to say that I like the new system @Saru 
But maybe change the heart to a thumbs up and add a thumbs down if that is possible..

Oh reactions, I appreciate those! They're a great way to give some kind of an answer to a post when I'm feeling particularly socially awkward. :tsu: An 'answer' that's more specific than just a like at least.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Above the avatars the font isn't bold as it was, maybe it is my settings need adjusting.

No it was the same for me but now when I refreshed the page its bold :D 

Edited by Herr Falukorv

15 minutes ago, acute said:

Reactions to my updates are not shown in the update section, although they are there on my profile page.

I can see the reactions to everyone else's updates, but not mine.

(Mobile version)

?

I can confirm that this appears to be a bug.

I will need to contact the plug-in author for a solution to this one.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Saru said:

Where are you having to do that ?

On the mobile version it no longer displays the names of the people who have 'reacted' just the icons. 

Maybe it's my settings but it's now a chore to click on each set of icons on every post I want to check. I can see this isn't an issue with the desktop version as it uses both. It's a small thing, sure I'll get used to it. 

On another note I think the sad reaction should add to community score. It's not a negative reaction in most of the cases I've seen it used so far.

11 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

On the mobile version it no longer displays the names of the people who have 'reacted' just the icons. 

Maybe it's my settings but it's now a chore to click on each set of icons on every post I want to check. I can see this isn't an issue with the desktop version as it uses both. It's a small thing, sure I'll get used to it. 

Bear in mind that even on desktop only three names are listed so you still have to click to view the rest.

You can also select "all" from the popup box to view all the reactions for a specific post.

12 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

On another note I think the sad reaction should add to community score. It's not a negative reaction in most of the cases I've seen it used so far.

I tend to agree - especially in the case of offering condolences for instance.

The 'sad' reaction is now worth +1 reputation, the only one that's worth nothing is the 'confused' reaction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

• The topic was locked