Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum Update (April 2018)

Saru

@Saru

Now we have the granularity I found myself wanting to both like and thank your post :lol:

What chance of a secondary opinion button and then a....I jest, I jest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Above the avatars the font for the names isn't bold as it was, maybe my settings need adjusting.

No biggie though.

Thanks

I checked it against the way it was before and it looks the same to me, I don't think the level of boldness there is any different.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Saru said:

I checked it against the way it was before and it looks the same to me, I don't think the level of boldness there is any different.

Now all of a sudden it's fine, go figure :lol:

Thanks for all the hard work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Saru   I accidentally "liked" something twice and it "liked" it twice. You might want to look into that Boss.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Piney said:

@Saru   I accidentally "liked" something twice and it "liked" it twice. You might want to look into that Boss.

I tried twice to like your comment, didn't work. Changed it to a "Ha ha", still only one count (I only got to change it).

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Now if dial-up users (me) could get upgraded to ultra high downloads when someone wants to discuss via video, that would be a true upgrade.

Yeah, I know flying monkeys, pigs and unicorns...

Next upgrade, maybe a refreshening of the emojis? :(

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I tried twice to like your comment, didn't work. Changed it to a "Ha ha", still only one count (I only got to change it).

It didn't do it here.....unless somebody liked a comment at the same time....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

It didn't do it here.....unless somebody liked a comment at the same time....

Yet another 'unexplained mystery'....

*adjusts tinfoil beret*

Do, do, do, dooh. :alien:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

*adjusts tinfoil beret*

Did you use the foil tape I use for my firefighting saw? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Did you use the foil tape I use for my firefighting saw? 

Why, did you disable your spark arrester (like everyone does)?.

That is high grade foil though, more worthy of a crown or at least a tiara.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Why, did you disable your spark arrester (like everyone does)?.

That is high grade foil though, more worthy of a crown or at least a tiara.

I take the screens outta everything!

But a Husky 460 will still wrap it's chainbreak around your hand and melt the hood

• Like 2

Think I might have found an issue. I have someone on full ignore, got a notification they quoted me. This is the first time that's happened. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Think I might have found an issue. I have someone on full ignore, got a notification they quoted me. This is the first time that's happened. 

That sort of thing might take a while to filter out.

As on an aside though, years ago I was on a major form where a new member joined, never posted, and proceeded to 'ignore' everyone, one after another.

After a while the people who weren't ignored yet, started feeling a little 'put out'.

It was either a hilarious thought experiment or he thought he could eventually erase the entire forum on his own.

Not sure. :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Likely Guy said:

That sort of thing might take a while to filter out.

As on an aside though, years ago I was on a major form where a new member joined, never posted, and proceeded to 'ignore' everyone, one after another.

After a while the people who weren't ignored yet, started feeling a little 'put out'.

It was either a hilarious thought experiment or he thought he could eventually erase the entire forum on his own.

Not sure. :unsure:

Don't know what any of that has to do with the issue at hand.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Don't know what any of that has to do with the issue at hand.

"As on an aside though...", I said.

• Like 2

I just noticed that both times today when I came into the forum, the only option I saw on my screen was to login, asking for my username and password. The forum used to come up with the login in the right corner. Are we not letting guests in anymore? Just asking.

You used to be able to like something and then unlike it if, presumably, you agreed with the beginning of the post but then you realized they were being satirical or they turned out to be something of a nutcase. Can you still do that?

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I just noticed that both times today when I came into the forum, the only option I saw on my screen was to login, asking for my username and password. The forum used to come up with the login in the right corner. Are we not letting guests in anymore? Just asking.

That was where it was when it asked me to log in, and you must therefore be able to read the forum without being logged in.

10 hours ago, Piney said:

It won't have actually counted though, if you look at the list of likes for that post you should only be on it once.

9 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Next upgrade, maybe a refreshening of the emojis? :(

You are in luck, the next forum update will have support for actual emojis.

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I can't confirm if this is an issue, but if it is it will require another forum update to fix.

There shouldn't be any differences in how this particular feature works.

3 hours ago, susieice said:

Guests can still view the forum, same as before.

Which page specifically did you view ? There shouldn't be any differences to the way things were before with regard to logins and guest access.

2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

You used to be able to like something and then unlike it if, presumably, you agreed with the beginning of the post but then you realized they were being satirical or they turned out to be something of a nutcase. Can you still do that?

Yes, click the little "x" next to the reaction button to remove a reaction you've given.

• Like 3

I'm not complaining (much:lol:) but I'm not a big fan of this new 'like' system. It looks a bit cluttered if there are multiple types of likes on one post, especially on the mobile version where space is at a premium for clarity.

Also... I always associate a heart with love not like, and a trophy with congrats not thanks. (Still not complaining though:tu:)

Edited by acute
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, acute said:

I'm not complaining (much:lol:) but I'm not a big fan of this new 'like' system. It looks a bit cluttered if there are multiple types of likes on one post, especially on the mobile version where space is at a premium for clarity.

Also... I always associate a heart with love not like, and a trophy with congrats not thanks. (Still not complaining though:tu:)

As with any new feature, it will take some time to get used to.

• Like 3

I've also noticed that the red notification thing at the top right seems to be a slightly lighter shade of red. :o

1 hour ago, acute said:

I like giving people trophies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saru said:

Guests can still view the forum, same as before.

Which page specifically did you view ? There shouldn't be any differences to the way things were before with regard to logins and guest access.

Both times yesterday when I came into the site, all I got was the login screen asking for my username and my password. I had to log in to see the forum index. Before I would see the index as soon as I came onsite and I clicked on the sign in from the upper right hand corner to access my account. It was weird to not be able to see anything until I logged in.

5 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

That was where it was when it asked me to log in, and you must therefore be able to read the forum without being logged in.

I couldn't see anything other than the login screen. Nothing.

edit: I just shut down my computer, which I didn't do last night, and when I came onsite I had the forum again. That was weird but maybe it won't happen again now.

Edited by susieice

• The topic was locked