Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum Update (April 2018)

Saru

21 minutes ago, susieice said:

I couldn't see anything other than the login screen. Nothing.

That is very strange, that should never happen unless you are trying to access a member-only page.

Perhaps you were trying to log in during the actual upgrade process.

• Like 1

Just now, Saru said:

That is very strange, that should never happen unless you are trying to access a member-only page.

Perhaps you were trying to log in during the actual upgrade process.

I was just thinking that Saru. I was onsite in one of the threads when you shut the forum down for the upgrade. I was switched to the maintenance screen. I wonder if I just got the sign in screen because I was signed in when the forum went down. It happened twice yesterday, but not today.

1 minute ago, susieice said:

I was just thinking that Saru. I was onsite in one of the threads when you shut the forum down for the upgrade. I was switched to the maintenance screen. I wonder if I just got the sign in screen because I was signed in when the forum went down. It happened twice yesterday, but not today.

As long as it's fixed now - I haven't encountered the issue myself and so far nobody else has reported this happening either.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Saru. It was just weird. I shut down and came back in like always.

2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I like giving people trophies. 

Cheers, Vlad!

I'll put it in the display cabinet, next to my Rubik's Magic and my Sony MiniDisc Player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Why, did you disable your spark arrester (like everyone does)?.

That is high grade foil though, more worthy of a crown or at least a tiara.

* raises an eyebrow * When did you last wear a tiara?

13 hours ago, Piney said:

I take the screens outta everything!

But a Husky 460 will still wrap it's chainbreak around your hand and melt the hood

Am I the only one who felt slightly aroused by this comment? 

4 hours ago, acute said:

I'm not complaining (much:lol:) but I'm not a big fan of this new 'like' system. It looks a bit cluttered if there are multiple types of likes on one post, especially on the mobile version where space is at a premium for clarity.

Also... I always associate a heart with love not like, and a trophy with congrats not thanks. (Still not complaining though:tu:)

It isn't all about you and your teensy weensy mobile screen, you know!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

It isn't all about you and your teensy weensy mobile screen, you know!

Sorry, I'm not going to take any lectures from someone whose only phone is on the wall and made of bakelite.

:P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Am I the only one who felt slightly aroused by this comment? 

:lol: LOL!!!!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, acute said:

Sorry, I'm not going to take any lectures from someone whose only phone is on the wall and made of bakelite.

:P

Oh, do I sense a rivalry that has something to do with a dishwasher and a electric teapot?

• Haha 3

I seem to have found a genuine problem on my "teensy weensy mobile screen"!

I don't have a 'quote' option on an update comment. Has it been removed?  I can add a comment, but not quote a previous one.

Edited by acute

8 minutes ago, acute said:

I don't have a 'quote' option on an update comment. Has it been removed?  I can add a comment, but not quote a previous one.

The status updates widget is actually a completely different one as the old one wasn't being supported.

It's possible that there are feature differences between the two.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but since the update, I've misplaced an entire loaf of sliced Oat and Barley bread !

:( 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

Every time I see "Someoneorother reacted to a post" I'm filled with trepidation. Did they like it? When it was just 'likes' at least we could be reasonably certain. :unsure2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I'm sorry, but since the update, I've misplaced an entire loaf of sliced Oat and Barley bread !

:( 

I've noticed something else!

There's nothing good on the telly since the update. :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, acute said:

I've noticed something else!

There's nothing good on the telly since the update. :wacko:

Be fair, there was nothing good on the telly before the update.

• Like 3

Okay. This might take a while to get used to. I noticed the change on my smartphone while waiting to punch in. 

15 hours ago, acute said:

To be honest, you were the only UMer who seemed to be able to do that(as far as I was aware), so perhaps that little bit of magic just pouffed  back to where it came from. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

To be honest, you were the only UMer who seemed to be able to do that(as far as I was aware), so perhaps that little bit of magic just pouffed  back to where it came from. :)

I know the magic trick you are alluding to.  It's a unique skill I have honed over many years, which I will be happy to leave you in my will. (because it doesn't work anymore)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I logged on to the Updated Forum thismorning... the first time this computer (at work) has done so. 

Shortly afterwards, my mug of tea disappeared. It still hasn't returned. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I logged on to the Updated Forum thismorning... the first time this computer (at work) has done so. 

Shortly afterwards, my mug of tea disappeared. It still hasn't returned. 

I saw Saru dunking a Hobnob into something.  :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, acute said:

I saw Saru dunking a Hobnob into something.  :ph34r:

I've found it ! 

It was on the windowsill all this time. And no hobnob crumbs in it either ! :D 

• Haha 3

On 4/7/2018 at 11:44 AM, I'mConvinced said:

Not keen on the new like system so far.

I'm not a fan of it either.   I'd prefer just a like.   

If someone reacts with a "CONFUSED",  should I feel I need to respond to that user with an explanation?  

Does "SAD" mean a tearfully sad feeling or is it similar to a dislike?  Seeing in another post that "SAD" is worth a +1, I guess it means that the post made you feel gloomy.  

Thanks seems the same as a "LIKE".   Is that right?   

It's really not a big deal because I don't post on here to win the most likes.   I did prefer to be able to glance and see who liked it where I will now have to click into each one to see who liked a post, was confused by a post, was saddened by a post, thought a post was funny or just wanted to thank me.  

• Like 2

Well, on balance, I like it. Providing my tea doesn't disappear again !

• Like 1

The 'like' system is a little cumbersome, I think. To me, the 'thanks'/trophy is redundant ..... something I would only use a couple of times a year. If you want to thank someone isn't it nicer to type it in a post? 'Confused' is also redundant IMHO, because if I am confused by a post I probably want to explain why, not leave it to the poster to guess. I like the 'sad' face and I've used it quite a bit since it appeared. And the 'like' icon shouldn't be a heart IMHO. 

Ideally I would prefer: a 'thumbs up', a 'thumbs down' and a 'sad' face. I would use them most often. :)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• The topic was locked