Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do I "tap in"...

IzzyBell

Hi all,

I am not particularly gifted and psychically and have never been able to do any of the things that many people have. But, lately, I've been having a hard time and I think I need some discernment. What do you suggest for a complete newbie to do to develop their insight? Is it even possible for someone like me? Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Best,

IzzyBell

Edited by IzzyBell
  • Like 1

What interests you?

What is your personal belief structure?

What do you really want to do or gain?

• Like 2

If you want to develop your insight, spend a lot of hours on puzzles and problem solving task. As insight is our ability to quickly solve problems at an almost intuitive level. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

What interests you?

What is your personal belief structure?

What do you really want to do or gain?

I guess what interests me is being more spiritually connected and better able to listen to myself and guide myself toward good decisions. This is also what I'd want to gain. I have no expectations of being able to see spirits or becoming a famous TV psychic or anything like that. I'm Episcopalian by religious "training" but fairly open to anything. I believe in God, in an afterlife, that people do have souls and there is a spirit world, and in good and evil. The rest is open ended to me.

Edited by IzzyBell
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, IzzyBell said:

I guess what interests me is being more spiritually connected and better able to listen to myself and guide myself toward good decisions. This is also what I'd want to gain. I have no expectations of being able to see spirits or becoming a famous TV psychic or anything like that. I'm Episcopalian by religious "training" but fairly open to anything. I believe in God, in an afterlife, that people do have souls and there is a spirit world, and in good and evil. The rest is open ended to me.

That's kinda easy to answer: In all things act in good will and intent. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IzzyBell said:

This is why I asked, because it is easier to work with the basic structures of belief built through our younger years. If yours is Episcopalian, that is a good starting point. In 1Corinthians 12 it talks about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. What you are describing is Wisdom. Asking God to help you develop that in prayer would be the way to go to achieve that. 

If you are like me, you know ahead of time an idea is not the best of plans but sometimes go right ahead and do it and when it blows up, feel annoyed. So, the wisdom is there, we just either do not listen enough or else need the self discipline to say no up front :D

• Like 3

Ask yourself questions.  Answer yourself honestly.  Find your fear....and remove it.

• Like 2

Hi,

I also think doing some form of meditation would be helpful.

John

For those of you who asked, I have meditated before but not super consistently. I can try to do so.....yes, fear is a big thing with me. I don't know how to remove it yet, though.

• Like 2

For those of you who asked, I have meditated before but not super consistently. I can try to do so.....yes, fear is a big thing with me. I don't know how to remove it yet, though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IzzyBell said:

Depending on what you fear, sometimes to best way to remove it is to face it. Within reason and sanity of course. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IzzyBell said:

Hi,

Fear is a big thing for every one. The idea is to learn how to deal with various fears, not eliminate them. They can not be removed from any human.

I suggest doing a medittation where you imagine a conversation with your inner wisdom. That wisdom being the highest divine aspect of your self. Most find that there higher spirit self is best for that effort.

John

2 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Fear is a big thing for every one. The idea is to learn how to deal with various fears, not eliminate them. They can not be removed from any human.

That's a crock.....

On 4/10/2018 at 3:34 AM, John from Lowell said:

I suggest doing a meditation where you imagine a conversation with your inner wisdom. That wisdom being the highest divine aspect of your self. Most find that there higher spirit self is best for that effort.

John

I too occasionally talk to myself and pose questions to myself. This is no different than literally asking yourself a question then waiting for the subconscious to answer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

To clarify what I meant by my above post.

https://www.burrisconnect.com/workbook/37/2/empowering-questions-instruction-set

If anyone has ever wracked their brain trying to remember the name of the actor/ess who played their favorite movie character, then a few moments (or more) later have the answer. Then you know what I'm talking about. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

To clarify what I meant by my above post.

https://www.burrisconnect.com/workbook/37/2/empowering-questions-instruction-set

If anyone has ever wracked their brain trying to remember the name of the actor/ess who played their favorite movie character, then a few moments (or more) later have the answer. Then you know what I'm talking about. 

EXACTLY!

I've seen people give credit to the divine when it was their subconscious that worked things out.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, davros of skaro said:

EXACTLY!

I've seen people give credit to the divine when it was their subconscious that worked things out.

It's a lot like my magical placebo effect thread. A 'spirit' can be constructed. This 'spirit' is just a tool. A means of impressing some idea into our subconscious. It's just us.

• Like 1