Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA astronauts pass UFO 'lie detector test'

Ofc, he tells what he saw from his perspective. Just because he doesn't lie doesn't mean what he saw was real.

• Like 7

Et-UFO's are real.

Get used to it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, pallidin said:

Et-UFO's are real.

Get used to it.

Et-UFOs as in... UFOs being piloted/controlled by ET beings, or UFOs as in... unidentified "flying" objects beyond Earth?

• Like 1

Piloted or remotely controlled by extraterrestrial lifeforms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, pallidin said:

Why do you think that is the case?

I have no direct experience.

I do think it's very likely, though. (my opinion)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pallidin said:

15 minutes ago, pallidin said:

I have no direct experience.

I do think it's very likely, though. (my opinion)

What makes you think this? I'm interested to see what other's opinions are, and what information they use to drive that belief system.

I believe in advanced, intelligent life propagated on planets far outside our own solar system.

My belief, no proof.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, FlyingAngel said:

Ofc, he tells what he saw from his perspective. Just because he doesn't lie doesn't mean what he saw was real.

It doesn’t hurt his case either. 

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

I believe in advanced, intelligent life propagated on planets far outside our own solar system.

My belief, no proof.

Fair enough. Does this  belief also form your opinion that unexplained objects are actually alien spacecraft?

• Sad 1

We are nearly in a position to create self replicating spacecraft that could travel interstellar distances and build more of themselves in other parts of the galaxy. Autonomous vehicles such as this could cover the galaxy in a few million years.

"Lie detector tests", notably polygraphs, have shown to be unreliable. They are not permitted as evidence in US courts.

The fact that these "tests" were conducted using old audio recordings only, and that the company is using these tests to promote their company, shows that this article is 100% useless nonsense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No, Buzz Aldrin didn’t see a UFO on his way to the moon

Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin, 88, the second astronaut to set foot on the moon, believed that the crew saw an extraterrestrial spacecraft at this moment, and a “lie detector” test proves it, at least according to the British tabloid the Daily Star.

That’s not quite right.

“He has never said he saw a UFO. This story has been a fabrication for the sake of headlines and is not true as far as Buzz Aldrin is concerned,” his spokeswoman, Christina Korp, told The Washington Post in a statement Tuesday. That echoes Aldrin’s 2015 comment on Reddit that the object “was not an alien.” The Daily Star did not return a request for comment.

The truth is out there if only the Daily Star looked more closely...

• Like 1

So no Astronaut ever saw a UFO. Period. Which has pretty much pointed out over the last 10 years or so that I have been part of UM.  

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 3

On 10/04/2018 at 5:01 AM, pallidin said:

My belief, no proof.

So do I. I struggle however to believe that they’re coming here in such a way as to violate our understanding of physics, probe people, steal the tongues from cows and crash when struck by lightning. 

• Like 4

The statement should be "They can't break the laws of physics as we understand and define them."  How do we know we're right!  Just like mathematics.  Why are there so many different "types".  There should be one type you can use to prove everything. Just to start some discussion, 1 divided by 3 can be written as 1/3 or 0.3.......... to infinity.  So 3 X 1/3 =1.  # x 0.3........ = 0.9................ Not the same number except for practical purposes.

I watched a great documentary on the Travis Walton abduction last night. His colleagues all passed lie detector tests, too.

• Haha 2

On 15/04/2018 at 11:40 AM, seanjo said:

The distances involved in interstellar travel mean we are effectively alone.

How can you possibly know that? Are you an expert on alien technological capabilities?

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

No, I'm a believer in the laws of physics.

a believer in physics as we know it.. but you have no idea what's out there... 

are aliens here on this planet? i'd say going by the feeble evidence so far == no

does alien (intelligent, sentient) life exist elsewhere in the universe= i'd say yeah most definitely, why wouldn't it!?

as i've always suggested:

light speed travel to a highly advanced alien race might be as horse & cart is to us now= laughable old hat history..

the thing is, you don't know do you-- & neither do i;) A pure basic logic & common sense thought proses surely- isn't it? 

Edited by Dejarma

47 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Yes, of course, Alien life exists out there, but they are subject to the same laws as we are. FLT travel requires infinite energy, because of the mass increase the closer you get to Light Speed. Energy is the key, it is the energy barrier that needs to be overcome.

As I said I believe we are effectively alone, not because there are no other intelligent races out there, but because we will never meet because of the vast distances and the amount of energy needed to travel them.

Now before you or someone else, once again, goes off on a rant about me not knowing what is out there...this is just my opinion, I would love to have it disproved, I'm a trekky and love that vision...BUT, it is Sci-Fi, not real life.

It's not ranting. It's the obvious & needed thing to say when someone puts forward the opinion that you have..

You yourself stated: 'Energy is the key, it is the energy barrier that needs to be overcome'

something could have overcome this barrier years ago= you must agree this is a possibility surely?

Edited by Dejarma

I think there needs to be definition between "UFO" and "Alien"....Just because an object is defined as a "UFO" does not mean it's alien. Going back remember what the "U" in "UFO" stands for....One major question that bugs me is why can they never land on Earth without frigging crashing! They can travel millions of miles across the galaxy yet cannot land a damn space craft on Earth! As far as there being alien life beyond Earth, there could be but as one poster commented its highly doubtful there is. Any alien life form thats claimed to be here already like Reptilians, Grey's etc..is nothing more than conspiracy theory gone bad!

But there are those that continue to search for the little green men and no matter whats said by NASA or Science in general they will continue to search for these elusive little creatures.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Certainly, a possibility, a small one. But then, where-in the Universe are these races? They could be billions of light years from us, they may have the ability to travel vast distances quickly, but they still may never ever know we exist, the Universe is massive, we are a tiny minuscule part of it.

All that and we have not even begun to tap the massive expanse of Space.

10 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Certainly, a possibility, a small one

the laws of physics cannot be broken you say -- but now you say it is possible-- no matter how small it is a possibility, isn't it;)