Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Needing some major help

dthul1

For years, I have identified as clairsentient. I am not sure if this ability is increasing or what is going on. Lately, whenever I see a story of someone's death, it is as if I am transported right to the moment of their death and I witness it. It feels terrible and in turn, it is making me fear death because I feel like I have taken on and felt moments of death from others. I have been to the doctor's hundreds of times and I am in perfect health, with the occasional bowel obstruction. 

I have heard that anxiety can be caused by mediumship abilities. My third eye has been mildly sore, feels like its been vibrating the last two days. I have been getting visions of people I feel like have crossed over and had the strangest messages that I can't seem to make out their meanings. 

So my questions are:

Has anyone else experienced this? 
Are these a side effect of mediumship development? 

Many thanks all. This has been driving me nuts for some time now.

One basic thing you need to know is that YOU have very right to control what you get and put up with. Too many times young people in skills (young in the skill not age necessarily) have nobody to tell them they can shut it off and refuse or even insist on being led to someone to help them before they will do more if it is, in fact, some gift that is needed out there. 

Do you have health issues of your own to have seen doctors hundreds of times as you claim or are you exaggerating that? :)

There is no need to fear death. You came here knowing nothing and it worked out and you will leave here knowing nothing and find out on the other side it works out as well. 

Far as if it is a side effect, it is hard to say really. We have all had some really wild moments (we as in people with random gifts) that sometimes never get explained clearly. But what is clear to me is that you should not be developing this anxiety and fear of death. It sounds wrong to me and I would suggest you shut down and give it time to either grow into something solid or go away. Do some research on psychic self protection also and practice a method which resonates with you best. Anything which brings on fear or anxiety is not good, which is why I advise you take a break and do not assume it is good in the present form. 

Read on, others will chime in I am sure, and you will have different things to consider as possible answers for you.

Meanwhile, welcome to UM :)

• Like 1

Honestly, I think another visit to a doctor might  be a good idea.  If a perfectly healthy individual seeks medical attention on a frequent basis...it is quite possible that those manifestations are indications of a mental disorder.  Perhaps a visit with a therapist might help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

One basic thing you need to know is that YOU have very right to control what you get and put up with. Too many times young people in skills (young in the skill not age necessarily) have nobody to tell them they can shut it off and refuse or even insist on being led to someone to help them before they will do more if it is, in fact, some gift that is needed out there. 

Do you have health issues of your own to have seen doctors hundreds of times as you claim or are you exaggerating that? :)

There is no need to fear death. You came here knowing nothing and it worked out and you will leave here knowing nothing and find out on the other side it works out as well. 

Far as if it is a side effect, it is hard to say really. We have all had some really wild moments (we as in people with random gifts) that sometimes never get explained clearly. But what is clear to me is that you should not be developing this anxiety and fear of death. It sounds wrong to me and I would suggest you shut down and give it time to either grow into something solid or go away. Do some research on psychic self protection also and practice a method which resonates with you best. Anything which brings on fear or anxiety is not good, which is why I advise you take a break and do not assume it is good in the present form. 

Read on, others will chime in I am sure, and you will have different things to consider as possible answers for you.

Meanwhile, welcome to UM :)

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I agree I need to get some more protections around me. I am lazy about doing that. 

I need to take some time and step back from it because I feel like it is draining me. 

Totally not exaggerating the hundreds of times I've been to the doctor. 107 to be exact, lmao. I am a hypochondriac and I am aware of that. 

1 minute ago, joc said:

Honestly, I think another visit to a doctor might  be a good idea.  If a perfectly healthy individual seeks medical attention on a frequent basis...it is quite possible that those manifestations are indications of a mental disorder.  Perhaps a visit with a therapist might help.

Been through therapy multiple times. Each therapist I've tried (8) all cant seem to fix and or relieve the symptoms and cant really pinpoint the cause outside of being a hypochondriac and general anxiety. 

Its hard to believe in clairsentient as all that has been planned out instead of will:(

Not good for you and stepping way back is a good plan, I think. I would rather see you happy and at peace.

What might be of use for you is to meditate a bit on WHY you dread death so much that is manifests in this hypochondria. Or possibly talk about it with a mental health counsellor to see what he or she might be able to suggest which might clarify it for you. Maybe even goggling it will get you to some interesting things to think about and ponder to help with it.

I think it is a normal fear for most people just that something, perhaps this odd gift, has kicked yours a bit overdrive for a bit is all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dthul1 said:

Been through therapy multiple times. Each therapist I've tried (8) all cant seem to fix and or relieve the symptoms and cant really pinpoint the cause outside of being a hypochondriac and general anxiety. 

When I say Therapist...I mean...Psychiatrist.

1 minute ago, joc said:

When I say Therapist...I mean...Psychiatrist.

3 (Psychiatrists)  5 (Councilers) XD 

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Not good for you and stepping way back is a good plan, I think. I would rather see you happy and at peace.

What might be of use for you is to meditate a bit on WHY you dread death so much that is manifests in this hypochondria. Or possibly talk about it with a mental health counsellor to see what he or she might be able to suggest which might clarify it for you. Maybe even goggling it will get you to some interesting things to think about and ponder to help with it.

I think it is a normal fear for most people just that something, perhaps this odd gift, has kicked yours a bit overdrive for a bit is all.

I have meditated on that before, many times actually. Each time I feel like I am just going to drop dead randomly out in public or that one of these rare instances of someone dying will happen to me. We all hear of the perfectly healthy person who just drops dead for no reason and that scares me. 

Good luck dthul1...I hope you find some answers somewhere. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Tell me why death is a bad thing.

Can I tell you something funny?

It's the unknown that does it. As someone who is sensitive to spiritual energies and has seen more than my fair share of ghosts, I should know better than anyone that there is an afterlife. For whatever reason though, my brain just cannot wrap itself around that idea. 

Well, my friend, this is a topic I cannot prove anything for you :). There are many here who will tell you they believe that at death we simply poof. No more, nothingness.

I believe very much in a life after death. 

It is a matter of faith, alone, for us on this side. 

I am not laughing at your funny, but it is preciously human and honest and I love you for that. 

• Like 1