Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Stonehenge stones may have predated humans

7 posts in this topic

seanjo

Interesting, I assume they believe glaciers moved the stone.

• Like 2

pallidin

Bigfoot did it, I tell ya.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ozymandias

Stonehenge was brought from Ireland according to native British tradition (as recorded by Geoffrey of Monmouth). Even if its stones were not taken from Ireland (some came from Prescelly in Wales), this tradition may have originated in the idea that the knowledge and technology to erect Stonehenge came from Ireland, especially the monuments solar allignments and orientation. Newgrange, for example, is 1000 years older than Stonehenge and 500 years older than the pyramids.

• Like 1

paperdyer
Posted (edited)

Stupid statement maybe, but don't all rocks predate humans?  Maybe not it you count meteorite rocks.  Then again they are probably older than humans as well.

Edited by paperdyer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tatetopa
5 hours ago, paperdyer said:

Stupid statement maybe, but don't all rocks predate humans?  Maybe not it you count meteorite rocks.  Then again they are probably older than humans as well.

My thought at the headline too, but what they really mean is that a couple of the big ones were on site already.  Makes some sense.   The alignment of the original two might have made the location special enough to drag the rest to enhance it.  Then of course they had to mover the heel stone 6 feet or so to refine the  line.  Thanks UM-Bot.

• Like 3

Jon the frog
On 4/16/2018 at 8:26 PM, Tatetopa said:

My thought at the headline too, but what they really mean is that a couple of the big ones were on site already.  Makes some sense.   The alignment of the original two might have made the location special enough to drag the rest to enhance it.  Then of course they had to mover the heel stone 6 feet or so to refine the  line.  Thanks UM-Bot.

Yep it look like the corner stones to build  was already there !

• Like 1