Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Third Eye help?

troub1edsou1

Hello all!

i am new here and have recently become intrigued by what is known to be our 3rd eye. Is this possible for anyone to achieve? Everything I've researched so far says it is possible. I would like to learn more about this and be able to tap into my ability. Can someone shed some insight to this and posibly point me in the right direction as to where to begin and how to bigin. 

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Psychic work is very different for each of us. Without knowing your age and gender it is hard to suggest some thing. Even with that information a troubled soul would be hard to guide not knowing what research you have already done on this subject.

John

• Like 1

I blinked ..

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, troub1edsou1 said:

Hello all!

i am new here and have recently become intrigued by what is known to be our 3rd eye. Is this possible for anyone to achieve? Everything I've researched so far says it is possible. I would like to learn more about this and be able to tap into my ability. Can someone shed some insight to this and posibly point me in the right direction as to where to begin and how to bigin. 

The "Third Eyes" is just a mental construct people create to filter information from their senses. It's not a 'psychic ability'. It's a subjective filter. It's not even psychic, just psychological.

21 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I blinked ..

~

Here I was thinking you were an all seeing eye. :lol:

• Haha 2

So what is this talk of the pineal gland? I/ve seen video where people were blindfolded and were able to read from a book or able to discribe things they've never seen before. The things I've found state you are able to self heal, self diagnose along with other things such as psychic abilities, or being able to travel beyond our dimension thru meditation. I mean we have to be more than just a dumb down version of whatever/whoever created us! 

44 minutes ago, troub1edsou1 said:

So what is this talk of the pineal gland? I/ve seen video where people were blindfolded and were able to read from a book or able to discribe things they've never seen before. The things I've found state you are able to self heal, self diagnose along with other things such as psychic abilities, or being able to travel beyond our dimension thru meditation. I mean we have to be more than just a dumb down version of whatever/whoever created us! 

https://www.endocrineweb.com/endocrinology/overview-pineal-gland

Don't believe every video you watch and if you read a book you'll also journey to "another world".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, troub1edsou1 said:

So this whole 3rd eye thing is nothing more than a psychological story you create?

It isn't real. But you believe whatever your heart desires, because I know that no matter what I or others say will not change your mind. 

• Like 3

Your mind is an amazing thing with a lot more ability than we suppose. Some of that is creative energy and not in the here and now.

You can work with something esoteric like the Third Eye and perhaps find something useful, or as Xeno says, find nothing at all. It depends upon you, really. For me , working inside has had more results than chakras and eyes. Find yourself and what works for you is my advice. Something will resonate best, if you are troubled as you say. 

Search around, do not simply take someone's word for it :)  have some fun out there. JMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It isn't real. But you believe whatever your heart desires, because I know that no matter what I or others say will not change your mind. 

There is a lot of bs out there for sure. Poke around and be critical and test things and find out for yourself what is real and what is not.

13 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

There is a lot of bs out there for sure. Poke around and be critical and test things and find out for yourself what is real and what is not.

That's my point. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's my point. 

Yep just agreeing. There is a scary lot of stuff out there now about the pineal being able to heal you of cancer and things and I worry people are going to get hurt if they trust this over their doctors. When it goes too far even good things turn really bad :( 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yep just agreeing. There is a scary lot of stuff out there now about the pineal being able to heal you of cancer and things and I worry people are going to get hurt if they trust this over their doctors. When it goes too far even good things turn really bad :( 

Don't get me wrong. The mind/brain can be powerful, but not supernatural. Intuition is just a product of habit and most basic 'psychic' abilities are just our instincts. 

• Like 2

I'm definitely not arguing whether it is  or isn't a real ability. I was just curious to know. I do thank you for the response. Is there any significance to me consistantly seeing 11:11, 2:22, 3:33. I see these several times a day. This is what got me started on the search.

4 minutes ago, troub1edsou1 said:

I'm definitely not arguing whether it is  or isn't a real ability. I was just curious to know. I do thank you for the response. Is there any significance to me consistantly seeing 11:11, 2:22, 3:33. I see these several times a day. This is what got me started on the search.

The numbers are a mental habit. You're subconsciously looking for them, so you notice them. 

On 9. 4. 2018 at 4:25 PM, troub1edsou1 said:

Hello all!

"Third eye" is in eastern Yogic texts in the place of chakra Ajna. Some yogis do long meditation on this place. But, in the east are several different spiritual paths. For example a path for the end cycles of lives or a paths for better life and for obtain spiritual powers. And so on. People who want end cycels theire lives for example do long meditation on "Third eye" only. People who want better life and spiritual powers do about three months meditation on the third eye (chakra ajna) for his calm. And then years daily meditation on chakra Anahata. Until it opens and awakens the forces of siddhi. 

Good books about are for example Shiva samhita and Gheranda samhita, next The serpent power or Sat chakra nirupana by John Woodroffe. Or good book is The secret of the golden flower, translantion by Richard Willhelm. But, in this book is Third eye called Heavenly heart and chakra Anahata fleshly heart.

Edited by Lumpino
addition
  • Like 1

I have been recently working on meditation and chakras being Wiccan it helps with certain things.Awhile ago I started having headaches not horrible but being I don't get them noticeable, one night a few weeks ago I did some deep breathing and decided to concentrate on my third eye chakra it seemed somehow different this time way easier to concentrate which is very hard for my racing thoughts and there in front of me was the shape of an eye black filled with stars pretty I thought,suddenly that was gone and I'm in some sort of black and white world filled with black stick figures walking,biking,for a second I panicked then settled my mind and took in as much as I could their houses were black lines, their trees were black lines and the figures were just going about doing there own thing ,then I was abruptly pulled away .I don't know what this experience was but it was incredible and I'll never forget it ,it's still extremely vivid in my mind has anyone had an experience like this I'd like to hear I've only told one person so far ,but it feels good to tell whoever wants to read this 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2018 at 12:26 AM, Lumpino said:

The secret of the golden flower, translantion by Richard Willhelm. But, in this book is Third eye called Heavenly heart and chakra Anahata fleshly heart.

This is by far the most accurate and true to the precept in its origins outside of the New Age nonsense ...

~

On 4/10/2018 at 7:49 PM, troub1edsou1 said:

I see those numbers most days also, on my clock!

Seriously though, we can make patterns out of almost anything if we so desire. Another strange thing that happens is when you learn a new word. You'll be sure you've not heard it before but now you know it you'll start hearing it ALL the time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

I see those numbers most days also, on my clock!

Seriously though, we can make patterns out of almost anything if we so desire. Another strange thing that happens is when you learn a new word. You'll be sure you've not heard it before but now you know it you'll start hearing it ALL the time.

And this is also how you get results from magick. I call it New Car Phenomena. Same thing you mentioned but with a car. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies and help. I did purchase this book, The secret of the golden flower, translantion by Richard Willhelm. Some of what I've read so far is very similar to what I've been researching. I do have a question, I'm very new to this so please forgive my ignorance on the subject. When doing meditation, what should I focus on? I know you're supposed to try and clear your mind of any thoughts but I'm not sure if i'm going about it correctly. I tried last night for about an hour. I got to a point where I felt as if I was going to fall asleep and tried to stay in that zone. Nothing was clear, but I was seeing colors  swirling around? Mostly blueish colors. It was very similar to when your clothes have static and you can see the tiny bits of electricity. It would go in and out. Am I on the right track?

Hi,

Meditation means different things to various people. For some it is blissful quiet with the intellect asleep. That can be quite hard to accomplish. The brain does not know how to do that with out being trained.

I like using a meditative state so that I can have imaginary conversations with my inner most wisdom. It all depends on what you want to accomplish with meditation I guess.

John