Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Empath45

How to explain to someone were not human

69 posts in this topic

preacherman76
On 4/10/2018 at 4:02 PM, XenoFish said:

I took some of those otherkin test. I'm all over the board on them. I honestly think I'm a sloth otherkin. Makes sense.:lol:

Ha, that’s the same thing I thought about myself when I heard it lol 

NicoletteS

I don't like to tell my cats they are not human they would be very upset. Best to let them believe. So why is it that you don' think this person you speak of is human? Do they have fur?

• Like 1

Rlyeh
On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:48 AM, XenoFish said:

Apparently I'm a Demonkin, whatever the **** that is meant to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rlyeh
5 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

I don't like to tell my cats they are not human they would be very upset. Best to let them believe. So why is it that you don' think this person you speak of is human? Do they have fur?

Do you also talk to your cats through a space heater? Do they answer?

• Like 2

davros of skaro

There's so much negative close minded shuns in this thread.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmi4LJZ2e9UMfVSZRaFXD

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

rashore
7 minutes ago, davros of skaro said:

There's so much negative close minded shuns in this thread.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmi4LJZ2e9UMfVSZRaFXD

Well.. we have been having a bit of fun at the OP's expense, including myself. I'm still shaking my head about the otherkin tests... but perhaps we should take a more kindly turn.

• Like 2

davros of skaro
3 minutes ago, rashore said:

Well.. we have been having a bit of fun at the OP's expense, including myself. I'm still shaking my head about the otherkin tests... but perhaps we should take a more kindly turn.

YAYZ!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBL8VDNYgQOnxOf53aIqE

StarMountainKid

Human.jpg.1defde825a4f8678dbdf4f3bd4e1daca.jpg    Human               5acfd3f246324_Zarkor2b.jpg.df5914d94dd392904319e5b16d6ce335.jpg    Not Human

It's pretty easy to tell the difference. I would think your fellow comrades would already know which they are. 

• Like 2

Ryu

......the problem is, as with many other issues, is our current concept of what we think being a human "feels" like.

The fact is that...there is no "feeling" like a human or otherwise. Just what does being a human supposed to feel like to begin with and what does being another creature supposed to feel like. How can we possibly compare them if we are currently one particular biological being? We are born human. Period. There is no "feels" about it.

You know, when I was younger (much younger) I fell for this "otherkin" nonsense too because I was trying to make sense of the concept that how I felt and how I seen myself did not dovetail with the definition of how and what society felt being a human was supposed to "feel" like.  I didn't engage in it to feel special but wanted to understand why I didn't feel the way others did.

The point being is that I am a human and my mind is human,my psyche is human, I have human impulses and human desires. I sleep when tired, eat when hungry, go to the bathroom when my body indicates so and like many I enjoy certain aspects of nature.

Sometimes I feel irritated at being earthbound and wish I could fly but this is a common thing with humans and doesn't mean anything whatsoever. All these fantastical notions of what being another creature is supposed to feel like is nothing more than just a fantasy, some idea that we wish was true and accurate.

In the end no one really cares what you think you feel like inside, you are human and as such your biological nature influences your actions.  If you are somehow convinced you are a cat then that is fine but keep it to yourself and act like a functional member of human society but if you think that society is supposed to make accommodations to suit your "feelings" then that is being manipulative and delusional.

Regardless of what you think you feel inwardly (whether real or not) you need to behave as a functional and contributing member of the human race. 

If you want to believe you are a wolf, for example, then go ahead and act out on it at home but leave your fantasy/delusions at home before you arrive at work/school. I need to work with mentally stable people who know the difference between what is real and what is just wishful fantasy.

• Like 1

ChaosRose

I'm wondering why the OP seems to think that people who experience empathy are not human. 

It seems to be the rare human that cannot experience empathy.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Ryu
19 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I'm wondering why the OP seems to think that people who experience empathy are not human. 

Most likely because people still want to think that empathy is some sort of magical, special thing just like any other common aspect of the human mind.

It is easier and more alluring to think that you are special and magical than to accept you are just a simple human that experiences normal human feelings and psychological aspects.

• Like 2

Essan

Well I used to describe myself as half human, half faerie and half dog ...... (think about it ;) )   But according to the quiz I am really just another elflkin.  

I can be quite empathic though, if I want to be.   But mainly towards animals other than silly humans ....... :P

• Like 2

Ryu
11 minutes ago, Essan said:

Well I used to describe myself as half human, half faerie and half dog ...... (think about it ;) )   But according to the quiz I am really just another elflkin.  

I can be quite empathic though, if I want to be.   But mainly towards animals other than silly humans ....... :P

Well humans can be pretty adept at reading the subtleties of body language and facial expression. Kind of a survival mechanism.  But in general non-human animals are usually more straightforward as where humans can be remarkably deceptive when communicating with others.

I took the silly test too for fun and it claimed I was elfkin...(sighs)

• Like 2

Not A Rockstar

Everyone has empathy, pretty much, some a bit more than others, it is true. But if there could be an Empath (official and trademarked) one would expect no desire nor need to injure another young person with lies about not being human and being part aardvark or whatever result whichever test gave him or you decided from your "gift" he was. 

Alleged "powers'" bring real responsibilities.

Ryu

In short one would be doing a service to someone to wrench them from their out-of-control fantasies and shove them back into reality. There comes a time when we should be less concerned about "letting" someone believe nonsense and more about pandering to delusions.

Even children need to be wrested from their fantasy world and reintroduced to reality. Pretending to be a fairy is marginally cute but when their play-acting gets in the way of interacting with the real world then one needs to educate them on what is real and what is not.

Know and teach the difference.

Also..being a sane and functional human is an automatic responsibility too.

• Like 1

ChaosRose

I think I must be a weregnat because people get annoyed with me. 

• Haha 2

StarMountainKid
9 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Also..being a sane and functional human is an automatic responsibility too.

A good idea if we don't take it too seriously. I would say total sanity and responsibility leaves no room for imagination, playfulness and creativity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stubbly_Dooright

I know, that I haven't laughed as hard in about weeks. But on that note, and I'm think no matter the situation, I think that no one has the position to tell someone else what they are, to the point that they should take themselves seriously doing it. 

I think about this line: 

I would like some advice on how to tell a newbie whom is not human that he or she is not without them being afraid

And that, there really isn't any humanoids, are don't show as being none human, why is it one person has to tell another what they are, even more so, when the identify if unprovable? Is this a prerequisite of the club? 

On 4/10/2018 at 4:35 PM, XenoFish said:

Those otherkin test are just like the psych test you can take online. According to the psych test I've taking. I need to be in a padded room.:wacko:

Can I join you? Or should I put it as this, may I join you?

On 4/12/2018 at 9:21 AM, NicoletteS said:

But, but, in the past and present, my cats had no problem telling me, I'm their pet!!!!  :o  

On 4/15/2018 at 4:36 PM, ChaosRose said:

I have often thought, I'm more empathetic than others. Or, it seems I can not only read other peoples body language to the point I can guess how they feel, but that I can 'sense' something of their personality and feelings. If anything, I use this.....*ahem* skill, (if I have this, or should have the right to think this about myself), I use it in my job to better help customers. But, for me, I don't think it's anything really 'group-minded gift-congradulating' type of behavior. I think, it's something that, can have it's rewards and setbacks. *shrug* 

On 4/15/2018 at 4:58 PM, Essan said:

I don't know, if I want to take the test. It could probably be the reason, I want to be something,...........substantial. :w00t:  

Though, and as I have said before, my mom once called me her half-alien. (Yeah, I know it was all said in a loving and joking manner..................... I think. :cry:  ) But, that's something based around me and how I see it. 

Frankly, if I were to show anything being substantial, I'm.............................

Blizno

"Human" includes a very wide spectrum of behaviors, opinions, tastes in music, etc. Just because some people seem strange doesn't mean they're not human. They're just different than you.