Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chemical experts to inspect attack site

Unusual Tournament

for those interested, if you use a site like flightradar24 you'll notice aviation traffic/commercial airlines will stop flying over Syria. then you know an attack is inbound within 12hrs to 24 hrs. as i type this planes are still flying over Syria, - Iraqi airways, Qatar, Air Arabia.Etihad. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I agree wholeheartedly with that assessment but that tweet wasn't just a threat to Syria, it was a threat/challenge to Russia. That really is what I was referring to. The President of the United States just publicly called out Vlad Putin like it's a Jr. High hallway. Nuclear superpowers. 

I still hope for relatively calm solutions to be made here but as more info gets 'out' the more my optimism goes down.

Right now, according to some Turkish sources USA has already designated 22 targets to strike in Syria, some of which include Russian positions... Hopefully not true.

• Like 1

Just now, seanjo said:

Russia voted the original resolution down then put two of their own forward, I'd look at why they voted the first down and what was wrong with the two they put forward. Putin and Assad are to blame for this...NOT Trump...if you want to blame an American President look to Obama for his inaction after the first chemical attack.

I just don't see the benefit for Assad doing it. Like I keep saying I'm not married to the idea that Trump or our alphabet agencies did it either but its a possibility which considering the circumstances should be discussed. 

• Like 1

Just now, seanjo said:

WE didn't do it and this anti-West paranoia these incidents flush out are one very good reason for such an act.

Giving a foreign power which had illegally occupied your land but recently announced it was leaving a reason to stay and attack your assets with missiles is worth giving the west negative PR? 

• Like 1

@Sir Smoke aLot Sarajevo is a good lesson how small events can change into global. Russia, Iran, Hezbollah, Syria. dangerous times ahead. 

4 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

@Sir Smoke aLot Sarajevo is a good lesson how small events can change into global. Russia, Iran, Hezbollah, Syria. dangerous times ahead. 

Yeah, all it takes is a spark. Dangerous times indeed. These days situation makes me remind of one thing which Castro said before his time was over, ''protect and do not change health and education system''.

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Chemical weapons experts to inspect attack site in Syria

The international chemical weapons watchdog said it was sending a fact-finding mission to the Syrian town where a suspected chemical gas attack took place over the weekend, following a request from the Syrian government and its Russian backers that appeared to be aimed at averting punitive Western military action.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/04/11/06/28/un-to-send-chemical-weapons-inquiry-team-to-syria

I have a a small question. If gases were used, wjhat for rescuers are not protected?:huh:They do not have any gas masks.

Edited by Lumpino
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

That's an optimistic take I like it. 

I'm afraid I'm so cynical in this arena I just assumed it was because they are the conductors marching to their own music. ......

Umm.... who else's music could a conductor possibly march to ? I mean... if he's conducting, then he can only hear the music he is conducting ? I suppose he could listen to somebody ELSE's music on headphones, and march to THAT, but then his conducting would go all wrong ? Incidentally, why is the conductor marching ? Wouldn't that mean he gets further and further away from the orchestra ? Eventually they wouldn't be able to see his baton any longer. Unless the entire orchestra was on wheels ? Or the conductor was marching on a conveyor belt ? 

• Like 1

Potential missile strikes could stymie any investigation, obliteration of evidence.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, WoIverine said:

Potential missile strikes could stymie any investigation, obliteration of evidence.

Well, I can't imagine why the West would attack that location ? I think they'd be going after Syrian military facilities ? Airbases and the like ? (to say nothing of anti-aircraft facilities).

Edited by RoofGardener

35 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, I can't imagine why the West would attack that location ? I think they'd be going after Syrian military facilities ? Airbases and the like ? (to say nothing of anti-aircraft facilities).

I guess we will see what happens, and if an actual, impartial investigation does eventually take place. Not to be cynical, but I doubt that will occur, I would be happy to be wrong though.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

Well, the people doing the current 'investigation' are the ORGANISATION FOR THE PROHIBITION OF CHEMICAL WEAPONS. (apologies for the caps lock). 

They are an international organisation (including Russia), so they should be reasonably impartial ? 

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, the people doing the current 'investigation' are the ORGANISATION FOR THE PROHIBITION OF CHEMICAL WEAPONS. (apologies for the caps lock). 

They are an international organisation (including Russia), so they should be reasonably impartial ? 

If an investigation proceeds and there are concrete results without dispute, or falsification, etc., then I'm fully on board.

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

It's worth noting that Eva Bartlett is NOT a 'neutral' observer, but a political activist who supports the Assad regime, as well as a contributor to RT, and is a prominent supporter of Palestinian rights in Gaza. Her allegations should be measured in that light. 

There is a critique of this particular view here - https://pulsemedia.org/2016/12/15/russia-today-and-the-post-truth-virus/

I'm not saying that Pulse Media is right, or that Eva Bartlett is wrong, but it's worth questioning the validity of the claims that she makes, and asking whether she is a journalists, or a political activist/propagandist.  

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Dear god. 

It is not OK for the President of the United States to act like that. Holy **** me gently with a chainsaw. 

I'm not usually overly critical of Trump, partly due to geography, and partly as I understand why America put him into power, but yeah... the leader of the free world Tweeting crap like "Get ready Russia" is not good.

Being strong in the face of your enemies is one thing, trash-talking like a teenager on a gaming forum is another. He needs to start listening to his PR people :no:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

I'm not usually overly critical of Trump, partly due to geography, and partly as I understand why America put him into power, but yeah... the leader of the free world Tweeting crap like "Get ready Russia" is not good.

Being strong in the face of your enemies is one thing, trash-talking like a teenager on a gaming forum is another. He needs to start listening to his PR people :no:

Oh I dunno... it seemed to work well with North Korea ? 30 years of "softly softly" didn't seem to accomplish much. Trump tweets about "fire and fury", and 10 minutes later Kim Jong un is suddenly asking to appear at the Olympics, and being SOOOO nice to the South Koreans. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh I dunno... it seemed to work well with North Korea ? 30 years of "softly softly" didn't seem to accomplish much. Trump tweets about "fire and fury", and 10 minutes later Kim Jong un is suddenly asking to appear at the Olympics, and being SOOOO nice to the South Koreans. 

Or you could argue that NK never had any intention of getting into a war with the US, and its testing program and little twit tiff with trump got them want they have wanted for awhile - a sit down with the Americans.

That said I wouldn't really think the same tactics should be tried with Putin - if we have a war and lets say it was a very bad war for russia, which on face value it could well be - I don't see Putin surrendering or rolling over before letting a few nukes fly.

Times are serious and across the globe we have  people in power, in places to make major decisions that many us won't trust to look after our dog.

Its is a little worrying if we take time to consider longer than the it takes for the newsreaders to read out their own country's propaganda.

I honestly don't think Putin wants a war with the US - given the conventionally thinking on military strength he would be stupid to do so.

But that does not mean he can't be provoked into one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I honestly don't think Putin wants a war with the US - given the conventionally thinking on military strength he would be stupid to do so.

The problem is that there will never be anything as direct as a war solely between the US and Russia. It would inevitably be global.

It's hard to believe any country wants war with how high the stakes are post WWII, but here we are heading again, at the mercy of the war pigs :no:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

The problem is that there will never be anything as direct as a war solely between the US and Russia. It would inevitably be global.

It's hard to believe any country wants war with how high the stakes are post WWII, but here we are heading again, at the mercy of the war pigs :no:

Global ? Why... who would be on Russia's side ? 

Iran ? North Korea ? Syria ? A global war indeed.... We Tremble. :P 

Edited by RoofGardener

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Global ? Why... who would be on Russia's side ? 

Iran ? North Korea ? Syria ? A global war indeed.... not. :P 

Do you think China would sit idly by while the West took on Russia?

Just now, WoIverine said:

There's this already:

Aircraft Carrier Faceoff: American and Chinese Carriers Both in South China Sea

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/aircraft-carrier-faceoff-american-chinese-carriers-both-25278

The chinese carrier is not a threat. And the Chinese would have no interest in supporting Russia over a conflict in Syria !

9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

interesting that the western powers have taken so long to respond. long enough for the Russians to prepare and protect Assad so maybe they want more proof otherwise they would have struck by now, imo.

So you immediately assume it was Assad. Trump considers pulling out of Syria and two days later there is a Chemical attack .

Go Figure that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

according to flight radar24 all planes now avoiding Syrian Airspace. except for one single Russian Plane. (heading out over the Med)

12e2693c-fe92-4fdf-bfc9-93d94641a325.png

• Thanks 1