Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chemical experts to inspect attack site

Unusual Tournament

So I've been going through news updates, twitter, you name it. So far I've found that the Russians have moved their ships form Tartus, possibly to avoid being hit. Also refueling aircraft have been withdrawn from an exercise, they are French, American and Italian, this was from one poster on twitter

Also, regardless of Emmanuel Macron having this said proof of chlorine that was used in this recent attack.

Where are the bodies now of the people who died due to this chemical being used ?

Are they now in a morgue somewhere, waiting for an autopsy to be done by a proper medical investigative team ?

As this would seem to me as being a vital piece of evidence to back up these claims of a mass chemical poisoning. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Also, regardless of Emmanuel Macron having this said proof of chlorine that was used in this recent attack.

Where are the bodies now of the people who died due to this chemical being used ?

Are they now in a morgue somewhere, waiting for an autopsy to be done by a proper medical investigative team ?

As this would seem to me as being a vital piece of evidence to back up these claims of a mass chemical poisoning. 

Was a chemical device / weapon used?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

We're doing all of that now anyway.

Correct, and use of Re-fueling aircraft and ISTAR assets. - For the record i don't think we should be getting involved. - over a million Young men of Fighting age fled Syria for Europe. why should a British service personnel life be put on the line.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

British service personnel life be put on the line.

quite, or french or American ....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I agree we should never have been involved and Parliament voted against action in Syria in 2013 (I think) BUT, ISIS and action in Iraq, supporting the Kurds etc. has muddied the water. 

Trouble is the UN voted in favour of establishing a new Syrian transitional government and its this body which the UN classes as the official government. So Assad it would seem would have to be removed. its why the issue cannot be left to Assad, Russia and Iran.

myself after the 'thanks' the west got for adventures in the middle east i'd leave it to Russia and Iran to support Assad. The question i'd ask is who would you rather have a b****** in Assad but in control of Syrian territory or ISIS filling the void, causing further instability and providing a breeding ground for International terrorism.

a sort of a - My enemy's enemy is my Friend enemy

4 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

So I've been going through news updates, twitter, you name it. So far I've found that the Russians have moved their ships form Tartus, possibly to avoid being hit. Also refueling aircraft have been withdrawn from an exercise, they are French, American and Italian, this was from one poster on twitter

I'd be cautious of using Twitter as a source of information.. .unless the Tweets provided corroboration ? 

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Trouble is the UN voted in favour of establishing a new Syrian transitional government and its this body which the UN classes as the official government. So Assad it would seem would have to be removed. its why the issue cannot be left to Assad, Russia and Iran.

myself after the 'thanks' the west got for adventures in the middle east i'd leave it to Russia and Iran to support Assad. The question i'd ask is who would you rather have a b****** in Assad but in control of Syrian territory or ISIS filling the void, causing further instability and providing a breeding ground for International terrorism.

a sort of a - My enemy's enemy is my Friend enemy

Hells bells.. I missed THAT one... 

Do you have any links on that ? I mean... that is RADICAL.. the United Nations (of which Syria is a member) voted to remove the Syrian government ? 

Umm... are you SURE ? I would have thought that the Russians would have vetoed that in the Security Council , and that the Islamic Block would have voted it down in the General Council  ? )

Edited by RoofGardener

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hells bells.. I missed THAT one... 

Do you have any links on that ? I mean... that is RADICAL.. the United Nations (of which Syria is a member) voted to remove the Syrian government ? 

Umm... are you SURE ? I would have thought that the Russians would have vetoed that in the Security Council , and that the Islamic Block would have voted it down in the General Council  ? )

Your right. first link which was unanimously accepted 

https://www.un.org/press/en/2015/sc12171.doc.htm

Russia vetoed official recognition. which prevents the UN adopting recognition as a result -

The Syrian National Council is recognised by USA, Canada, United Kingdom, France and informal by the EU and many other UN members.

So its those Nations and not the UN as a whole (which i stated incorrectly) which sees the Syrian Council as the representatives of the Syrian people.

http://syriancouncil.org/

Not a lot of information on this yet but Macron is saying he has evidence of chemical weapon use in Douma and NBC is reporting blood and urine samples smuggled out of Douma of the victims show that a mix of chlorine and a nerve agent were used.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-middle-east-43740626

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/apr/12/uk-russia-tensions-rise-over-syria-attack-and-salisbury-poisoning-live-updates

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna865431

Also seems the UK is going to back America and France in the response to the Douma chemical weapon attack.

Edited by DarkHunter

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Not a lot of information on this yet but Macron is saying he has evidence of chemical weapon use in Douma and NBC is reporting blood and urine samples smuggled out of Douma of the victims show that a mix of chlorine and a nerve agent were used.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-middle-east-43740626

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/apr/12/uk-russia-tensions-rise-over-syria-attack-and-salisbury-poisoning-live-updates

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna865431

Also seems the UK is going to back America and France in the response to the Douma chemical weapon attack.

man this is starting to sound more and more like Gulf war 2. 

4 hours ago, Astra. said:

having proof of chemical weapons being used is one thing but proving who used them is another. how were they delivered and in what amounts. these are the questions Macron should be searching for before jumping up and down claiming any moral high ground. if Macron is looking to galvanise another "coalition of the willing" he better be ready for the eventual vilification and repercussions of possibly starting an even bigger war down the road. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

well i would go a different way. who profits the most from having Assad removed and Syria partitioned.

There are several contenders, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Isreal but ultimately if evidence can't be found it will be manufactured.

Assad has defied the odds and was slowly clawing back his country.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

There are several contenders, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Isreal but ultimately if evidence can't be found it will be manufactured.

Assad has defied the odds and was slowly clawing back his country.

it certainly looks like Assad has won. might be short lived if America becomes re involved in the war by reversing Trump's wish to leave Syria, which looks more likely now that chemical weapons are involved. Saudi Arabia and Israel look set to reap rewards if America gets rid of Assad and portions the country. the Kurds will win but i can't see any advantage for Turkey and Russia. still what a disgusting swamp of lies and foul deed's Syria has become. personally, i don't care who wins anymore just as long as those poor people can live in peace.  

@RoofGardener

All airlines have definitely been told to avoid Syrian airspace. Look at this Iraqi flight. taking the long route around. and its repeated for all the airline companies. Etihad, Emirates, Qatar etc.... 

I'd suspect US and possibly French forces are under 24/48 hrs notice for launching attacks. - Nice little area off the Levant - just off the East coast of Cyrus devoid of all shipping. US navy area of Operation? or Russian maybe?

image.png.129cf06e4f3a990c837538a0b479c0a6.png

Edited by stevewinn

13 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

That I don't know but it is all too convenient.

That seems to sum it up nicely.  It's damned mess is what it is.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, seanjo said:

If they are Moslem they are interred within 24 hours.

Yes, under normal circumstance they do, except in the case of foul play or are killed in battle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_funeral

Burial is usual within 24 hours of death to protect the living from any sanitary issues, except in the case of a person killed in battle or when foul play is suspected; in those cases it is important to determine cause of death before burial. Cremation of the body is forbidden

9 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Was a chemical device / weapon used?

Well the French, US and the UK seem certain thus far. All I am seeing so far tho, is a lot of muddy water...and also not too many questions being answered. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Because Assad and co are obstructing a proper investigation.

In what way, exactly?

Are they wanting to search incoming aircraft for weapons heading for ISIS hands? 

This whole thing stinks on ice.

Assad has won, it is practically over, why would he use Chemical Weapons when that is the one thing that would bring the US into this mess.... just as Trump was pulling us out?!?

Why is it impossible that Assad's enemies did this? They already have, more than once.

If the US can't afford to build a fence along it's southern border, how can we afford to go to war with Syria, and by extension Russia too?

Has ANYONE thought this through?

Logic bomb;  if Russia fired missiles into Iraq when our men were there a dozen years ago, what would we have done about it?

THINK!   :angry:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Astra. said:

Well the French, US and the UK seem certain thus far.

France has....wait for it..... PROOF! that Assad used chemical weapons in Douma.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43740626

Even though they don't present any of it to the public for critical examination.

We're being led to war again, like France and the U.S. plotted to attack Gaddafi in Lybia.

Edited by Clockwork_Spirit

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

it certainly looks like Assad has won. might be short lived if America becomes re involved in the war by reversing Trump's wish to leave Syria, which looks more likely now that chemical weapons are involved. Saudi Arabia and Israel look set to reap rewards if America gets rid of Assad and portions the country. the Kurds will win but i can't see any advantage for Turkey and Russia. still what a disgusting swamp of lies and foul deed's Syria has become. personally, i don't care who wins anymore just as long as those poor people can live in peace.  

I doubt we'll really get involved.

Sounds like wag the dog. Another distraction. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seanjo said:

Because Assad and co are obstructing a proper investigation.

As usual. 

That is not how innocent people act. 

• Like 1

I see the UN investigators have been flown into Syria to carry out inspections. - what happens if the UN confirms the use of chemical weapons? independent and separate from the US, UK or France. will people accept it? - you'd think the way forward would be a UN peacekeeping force made up of mainly of Arab Nations with the West providing the heavy lift and air cover.

22 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I'd be cautious of using Twitter as a source of information.. .unless the Tweets provided corroboration ? 

Well the main news sources don't report on information from individuals only from AP or Reuters 

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I see the UN investigators have been flown into Syria to carry out inspections. - what happens if the UN confirms the use of chemical weapons? independent and separate from the US, UK or France. will people accept it? - you'd think the way forward would be a UN peacekeeping force made up of mainly of Arab Nations with the West providing the heavy lift and air cover.

Which Arab nations? Iranian? Turks? Saudis? Most of them are against Assad.