Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chemical experts to inspect attack site

Unusual Tournament

4 hours ago, and then said:

Why does Russia support a pipeline that would undercut a prime support of their own economy, bee?  Energy is by far their biggest export, right?  I'm trying to understand this and it's not adding up where Russia is concerned.

Iran is a ally of Russia and what's good for Iran is good for Russia. the cheaper they can get their energy to the west the more they sell. notice how the Iranian pipeline travels less to port that the Qatar - Turkey line. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I can't fathom why people are interested in defending a dictator against their own free country. 

I simply can't. 

Ya think he's such a great guy? 

Move there. 

Maybe then you'll see. 

its not defending a dictator but rather holding our democratic system and government to account. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Iran is a ally of Russia and what's good for Iran is good for Russia. the cheaper they can get their energy to the west the more they sell. notice how the Iranian pipeline travels less to port that the Qatar - Turkey line. 

So Russia is willing to share its major source of income with an ally just because that ally will buy from them?  I think that's questionable, but I guess there could be other considerations that make it attractive.  I don't reject the idea bee put forward, I just don't see the whole picture as justified yet.

• Thanks 1

piplnsSyria.jpeg?resize=696,457

@and then it really wouldn't take that much for the Russians to hook into the pipeline from Southern Russia. giving the Russians another way to market. a way that holds no political risk.  

Edited by Captain Risky

2 minutes ago, and then said:

So Russia is willing to share its major source of income with an ally just because that ally will buy from them?  I think that's questionable, but I guess there could be other considerations that make it attractive.  I don't reject the idea bee put forward, I just don't see the whole picture as justified yet.

dunno, maybe Russia is looking at the bigger picture and looking to form its own energy alliance to compete directly with U.S. control over the Middle East reserves. 

actually looking at the Qatar pipeline it would make more sense to by-pass Syria and go directly through Jordan and Lebanon. 

17 hours ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

It's not about imagination. It's about evidence. Unfortunately for the anti-Assad crowd, there simply isn't any.

American and British Reporters In Syria: There Was NO Chemical Weapons Attack

http://washingtonsblog.com/2018/04/american-and-british-reporters-in-syria-there-was-no-chemical-weapons-attack.html

That piece of investigation alone, in concordance with Russian experts findings, debunks the whole thing.

im not an Assad fan by any stretch but where exactly is the proof. they don't even know what chemical was used let alone how it was delivered.so how do they really know it was Assad when there are so many protagonists in Syria. why hasn't anyone pointed the finger at ISIS? 

15 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

A "news" agency that promotes conspiracy theories.

And a crazy conspiratorial blog.

You're batting 1,000 on the wacky "sources."

You are quick to dismiss the sources without looking at the actual content. Here we have a journalist who went to Douma, Syria to make his own investigation and look at the facts on the ground. He was given access to the facilities and spoke with the medical personal and plenty of civilians in the area (none of which heard anything about a chemical attack). BTW, the OAN network is approved by your own president, Donald Trump.

Edited by Clockwork_Spirit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

BTW, the OAN network is approved by your own president, Donald Trump.

:w00t:   DEFINITELY, NOT the way to impress Miss Rose :w00t:

• Haha 2

Senators leave classified briefing on Trump's Syria policy 'very unnerved'

Washington (CNN)Lawmakers emerged from a classified administration briefing expressing concern about administration policy on Syria and the legal justification for last week's military strikes against the regime of Bashar al-Assad. 

"I am very unnerved by what I'm hearing and seeing," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, who said the briefing on the strikes made him more worried, not less. The administration is "going down a dangerous path" with regards to Syria, he said, without offering details.

18 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Washington (CNN)Lawmakers emerged from a classified administration briefing expressing concern about administration policy on Syria and the legal justification for last week's military strikes against the regime of Bashar al-Assad. 

"I am very unnerved by what I'm hearing and seeing," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, who said the briefing on the strikes made him more worried, not less. The administration is "going down a dangerous path" with regards to Syria, he said, without offering details.

I'd be unnerved too. The U.S., U.K. and France bypassed the U.N. and international law to attack a sovereign nation without any formal request and made it look as if Russia is the only world power sitting at the Security Council that cares about international procedures (perhaps foolishly).

Let inspectors in.

Apparently, Russia has placed "conditions"

Hmmm....

• Like 1

What does Assad, or Putin, have to hide with "conditional inspections" ??

Perhaps hide the truth.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

I'd be unnerved too. The U.S., U.K. and France bypassed the U.N. and international law to attack a sovereign nation without any formal request and made it look as if Russia is the only world power sitting at the Security Council that cares about international procedures (perhaps foolishly).

this strike and in fact the whole Trump Syria narrative reminds me of Bush and Gulf War 2. the lies, badly thought out and unilateral moves make you wonder exactly who's the good guy in all this. as far as I'm concerned there is no none. 

28 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

this strike and in fact the whole Trump Syria narrative reminds me of Bush and Gulf War 2. the lies, badly thought out and unilateral moves make you wonder exactly who's the good guy in all this. as far as I'm concerned there is no none. 

The fact IS, Assad, once again, used banned chemical weapons.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, and then said:

Why does Russia support a pipeline that would undercut a prime support of their own economy, bee?  Energy is by far their biggest export, right?  I'm trying to understand this and it's not adding up where Russia is concerned.

You bring up a good point.... and I,myself am trying to understand it... as looking at the whole Syria mess from the pipeline angle is new for me -

a quick search brought this article up from a couple of years ago and it looks like Russia is obviously concerned but will seek to make the most
of it.... 

Along with the business opportunities, Russian companies will also be driven to Iran by the need to establish a presence before Iran emerges as a new rival on the export market, added Valentina Kretzschmar, director of upstream corporate research at the energy consultancy Wood Mackenzie.

“It’s really about securing a market share for Gazprom,” Kretzschmar said. “Russia would be better-positioned to protect its market share if it has a position in Iran. It’s all about controlling that gas; it’s a global market share whether the gas goes to Asia or to Europe.”

the US cosies up to Saudi Arabia to reap the economic benefits and perhaps the same can be said of Russia and Iran... ?

10 hours ago, and then said:

I think there are some big shifts coming in the Global Economy and China is going to introduce an alternative to the US petro dollar as the
world oil trading currency.... this will be causing the US (and Trump) concerns because of the affects on the economy and MAGA -

During his presidential campaign Trump said that Obama / Clinton were the founding members of ISIS (something like that) and at first
this sounds like crazy talk but Trump was obviously aware of the Obama administrations arming / funding / using  radical islamic groups
to destabilise and regime change Libya and then move the arms and radical groups up to Syria to do the same there - and ISIS was born -

so he was right really --- but now he has basically bombed in support of the radical islamists himself  - so gawd knows what he has
been pursuaded by behind the scenes... 

''It's the economy stupid''.....?

anyway don't want to go too off topic with all this.... but I was responding to that one comment you made about Assad earlier in the thread...

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Isn't that Lindsey Graham, John McCain's warmongering mate.... so maybe it's good news that he is unnerved... 
from the World Peace perspective..

although Trump has gone rogue with the Syria strikes and backing the  'Animal Assad'  used chemical weapons BS ---
perhaps he can pull it back a bit now he has done the Chest Thumping Thing on America's behalf........ :) 
with Macron and May doing their little supportive Chest Thumping display behind the Alpha Male . ^_^

Washington Examiner

Graham said the air and missile strikes that targeted three chemical weapons facilities in Syria were a “missed opportunity” and were not a sufficient enough response to Syrian President Bashar Assad, during an interview Monday with “The Hugh Hewitt Show.”

“Didn’t lay a glove on Assad’s capabilities to wage war. We’re becoming the chemical weapons police.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pallidin said:

The fact IS, Assad, once again, used banned chemical weapons.

Yeah and inspectors still refuse to check out the site in Duma.

Why did they come i wonder.

There was never the evidence for those claims :) and instead of making one (which they know they can't) they just postpone the investigation until some new lie takes it over. Maybe full scale war against Syria will be a thing before this investigation.

Look what happen with ''Novichok'', it seems it wasn't Russian made thingy at all and actually is different type, made elsewhere. So many lies around.

What i feel generally is that if governments (and security forces, police, media accordingly) lose trust of the people that could turn into bloodbath around the world because any lunatic will be able to promote their news and people will doubt everything. Where there is doubt there is concern and when there is concern... Imagine.

Perfectly in line with theories like world government (bankers dream).

Note how the inspectors were unable to access the site as they came under attack. The Russians must be still cleaning/planting evidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Note how the inspectors were unable to access the site as they came under attack. The Russians must be still cleaning/planting evidence.

How convenient for our Western leaders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Or the US/Brits/French were. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

They know that there is no evidence. This is in line with what we hear from Syrian sources and from some journalists who told that there was no attack.

And i still haven't forgot this story about Omran and how white helmets played it out, abused him for the purpose of spreading lies about Syria.

Both of boys and their family is living under ''animal'' rule, they did not leave Syria nor did they leave government held areas. Omran is in Aleppo since it was liberated, so are over 700.000 Syrian refugees who have returned to free parts of Syria.

Notice, how in first video, little boy say how his mother told him that they have nothing to eat for the day. That is what militants do, deny population of every basic needs and try to impose terror rule. I just fear that Syria might be invaded by the west long before people open their eyes.

• Like 2

is all this based on the findings of the UN-OPCW?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

It's journalistic work. Reports based on facts gathered on the ground in Syria.