Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Baby born in China 4 years after parents died

6 posts in this topic

Still Waters

The son of a Chinese couple who died more than four years ago has been born to a surrogate mother, according to Chinese media.

Shen Jie and Liu Xi had been married for two years when they decided to try in vitro fertilization. Five days before they were scheduled to transplant one of the fertilized embryos into Liu, the couple died in a car accident in March 2013 in the Chinese coastal province of Jiangsu.

For the next three years, the parents of Shen and Liu fought for the rights to four frozen embryos left by their late children in a complicated and unprecedented legal case in China, according to the Beijing News.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/12/baby-is-born-in-china-four-years-after-parents-died-in-car-crash

• Like 2

I'mConvinced

"I'm sorry to hear that. And how old were you when your parents passed?"

"Minus four"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nzo

Reproduction at all costs.

Susanc241

I read somewhere that they were wanting to continue their families blood lines. When you consider there are people who rage against the destruction of in vitro embryos when they are not wanted or surplus to requirements you have a no win situation. Dammed if you do...........

Sir Smoke aLot

Well only good thing is that baby survives but that baby has no family anymore. At lest no biological one... Who knows what the future holds for the kid... Whats worse, being traditionalist or having science to produce babies without biological parents? Damn i find this sick, it's only rarely that it helps those who can't have kids but mostly it will be profits and sex slavery in no time.

This is one big money making industry and if not controlled properly it will, eventually, produce mutants.

MissJatti

This is very sad news, Hope the child has a very happy and prosperous life.