Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spirituailty and Intelligence

Illyrius

4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

That's ok. Someone has to sucks at somethings. It's ok anyway I would have thought football was bigger than basketball where your from. Luka Modric plays for a team I quite frankly hate.

Glad that someone else has a beautiul freedom of expressing the wonderful feeling of hate... :)

Edited by Illyrius

10 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

I cant remember the exact quote... you said something like "atheists are too much of individualists to make a conspiracy." something like that... can't remember the exact statement but i think that was the point.

I know what you are saying here.

What I said was that Athiests are very much individual people, with different views of thier belief. Individuals not part of a giant conspiracy.

Still not saying all Athiests are incapable of a conspiracy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illyrius said:

I have to stand to a defense of fellow atheists on this forum.

You're not an atheist though :huh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

But if anyone wishes to tell another thier belief is wrong or prooves they are evil or stupid in some way, here at least, they do not have that right.

You mean here on this website I assume?

I think people are free to do whatever they want but they better be willing to accept the consequences for their actions.

• Like 1

It's true that many studies indicate that high achieving academic institution's are comprised largely of atheists. Its pretty obvious as to why. Not only do these people have greater acess to cutting edge information that illustrates a natural universe but such heavy commitment just leaves less time to ponder. Most scientists say they dont have the time to consider the thought of God.

• Like 2

I know what you are saying here.

What I said was that Athiests are very much individual people, with different views of thier belief. Individuals not part of a giant conspiracy.

Still not saying all Athiests are incapable of a conspiracy.

I don't quite recongize their individuality but nevermind.

Giant conspiracy... nah in that sense nope... in that i agree.

3 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Glad that someone else has a beautiul freedom of expressing the wonderful feeling of hate... :)

Being a Barcelona fan, the one thing I hate is Real Madrid.

1 minute ago, Podo said:

You're not an atheist though :huh:

It was just a sign of sympathy towards my dear forum friends :)

Just now, danydandan said:

Being a Barcelona fan, the one thing I hate is Real Madrid.

:tu:

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

You mean here on this website I assume?

I think people are free to do whatever they want but they better be willing to accept the consequences for their actions.

Yes I mean here on this forum.

It is multicultural and multi thiest so we can not allow anyone to pop into the forums and try to dominate the belief or non-belief of others.

2 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Yes I mean here on this forum.

It is multicultural and multi thiest so we can not allow anyone to pop into the forums and try to dominate the belief or non-belief of others.

I agree with the forums rules. Is ridiculing someones belief also against site rules?

Unfortunately I see that happening quite a bit.

5 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Ot might help if you did.

No two people seem to share the exact same belief. 

It might be interesting to keep track of the individual belifs of posters when you adress them. 

Not easy, but interesting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

I agree with the forums rules. Is ridiculing someones belief also against site rules?

Unfortunately I see that happening quite a bit.

Yes it is. We can't be everywhere at once so we require posters to report this sort of thing when they come across it.

Unfortunately posters tend to prefer retaliation over reporting which leads to a messy clean up.

Reporting bad behaivior is very important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

How can you not recognise people's individuality? That doesn't make sense to me and probably everyone else here.

It's like painting everyone with the same brush. Are all nationalists the same? Are religious minded people the same? Are all scientific minded people the same?

Edited by danydandan

Ot might help if you did.

No two people seem to share the exact same belief. 

It might be interesting to keep track of the individual belifs of posters when you adress them. 

Not easy, but interesting.

In the sense of nuances it's true, but in general sense nah. You can spot pretty easily people that are aligned to scientific materialism and therefore atheism and people that are spiritual or religious in any way.

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

How can you not recognise people's individuality? That doesn't make sense to me and probably everyone else here.

Ask Kismit. She apparently knows how to spot it too.

Just now, Illyrius said:

In the sense of nuances it's true, but in general sense nah. You can spot pretty easily people that are aligned to scientific materialism and therefore atheism and people that are spiritual or religious in any way.

So which one am I?

And how exactly do you judge the beliefs of scientific materialists and spiritualists. 

Also is it really only the two groups of people to you.

I would appreciate individual answers for each question please.

3 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Ask Kismit. She apparently knows how to spot it too.

illyrius you have to riegn it in.

You don't do yourself any favours with the attitude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Why do you keep coining a term made up by discovery institute. ( They don't deserve capital letters in their name.)

So which one am I?

Slight theist. From what i read anyway.

And how exactly do you judge the beliefs of scientific materialists and spiritualists. 

Scientific materialism denies the existance of any sort of supernatural force, therefore there is only a material reality, no life after death etc etc.

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Also is it really only the two groups of people to you.

This is correct.

I would appreciate individual answers for each question please.

Done.

2 minutes ago, Kismit said:

illyrius you have to riegn it in.

You don't do yourself any favours with the attitude.

Well, he said that it is strange to him that i can judge about someones individuality, and that i am alone in that here. You said that atheists are more of individualists than theists, so what else could i answer??

Just now, Illyrius said:

Slight theist. From what i read anyway.

Scientific materialism denies the existance of any sort of supernatural force, therefore there is only a material reality, no life after death etc etc.

This is correct.

Done.

I meant do you judge scientific materialism as good or bad?

According to this thread you appear to have swapped sides, so it would be interesting to see where you really stand.

And as a slight thiest does that place me in the materialistic camp or the spiritual camp?

Because according to your own post I can only be one or the other.

2 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Well, he said that it is strange to him that i can judge about someones individuality, and that i am alone in that here. You said that atheists are more of individualists than theists, so what else could i answer??

Again no I never said that Athiests are more individual than Thiests. 

I said Athiests are individuals with individual beliefs.

Thiests are also just as often individual in thier beliefs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I meant do you judge scientific materialism as good or bad?

According to this thread you appear to have swapped sides, so it would be interesting to see where you really stand.

And as a slight thiest does that place me in the materialistic camp or the spiritual camp?

Because according to your own post I can only be one or the other.

Nope. I havent switched sides i just think that generally speaking atheists are more smart than religious people, and made an example of scientific study that supports such a view. I am very objective and take things as they are, and i think it is a compliment to atheists that i consider them smarter than religiious people.

Being a slight theist that places you in spiritual camp.

I personally consider scientific materialism as something i need an vomit emoji to describe my own feelings towards it.

Edited by Illyrius

Again no I never said that Athiests are more individual than Thiests. 

I said Athiests are individuals with individual beliefs.

Thiests are also just as often individual in thier beliefs.

Oh. Then i appologize.

My bad.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked