Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Officer who dragged man from plane sues

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

A former Chicago aviation security officer who was fired after dragging a man off a flight last year has filed a lawsuit against the airline and city.

James Long is suing Chicago's Department of Aviation (CDA), its commissioner and the city, alleging he was not trained on how to use force.

He was sacked after removing David Dao from the plane last April to make room for United Airlines employees.

The ordeal led to demonstrations at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport and turned into a public relations disaster for United Airlines.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43734466

Related:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Lilly

Once again, no one wants take any personal responsibility for anything. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam

A petty thug got fired for doing the job he was hired to do; push people around.... and to slam them around if they resisted.

 

He should sue the Hell out of them, they are the ones that fired him to appease the masses. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChaosRose

Maybe they shouldn't overbook flights and just assume that people will volunteer to get off. 

It's outrageous to manhandle a customer just for not wanting to get off a flight they have a ticket for.

Do they need "sensitivity training" so that people know not to rough up customers? No probably not.

What they need is better policy. 

Airline should get sued. They probably ordered that guy to do it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qxcontinuum
On 2018-04-15 at 8:31 PM, AnchorSteam said:

A petty thug got fired for doing the job he was hired to do; push people around.... and to slam them around if they resisted.

 

He should sue the Hell out of them, they are the ones that fired him to appease the masses. 

I hope one day you'll get the same treatment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

he is absolutely correct, he was hired to be a thug, but fired to please the masses, while doing what he was hired to do,  this is not about whether cop or airline was right or wrong

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
2 minutes ago, aztek said:

he is absolutely correct, he was hired to be a thug, but fired to please the masses, while doing what he was hired to do,  this is not about whether cop or airline was right or wrong

He was hired by the will of the company though, right?  Seems like that takes precedent over doing right or wrong these days. 

Also, since he was hired to be a thug, wouldn't not knowing how to use force properly mean that he was unqualified for the position?

Just being the devil's advocate here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

i'm not sure what case you arguing.    they threw him under the bus, that is all there is to it.  again it is not about doing right or wrong thing,  or even the cop himself.  i personally do not feel bad for the cop 1 bit,  but his firing has nothing to do with improper use of force.  whether it was warranted at all is totally different story, whoever made decision to throw out customer who paid, and was already on board deserves all the blame. 

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
3 minutes ago, aztek said:

i'm not sure what case you arguing.    they threw him under the bus, that is all there is to it.  again it is not about doing right or wrong thing,  or even the cop himself.  i personally do not feel bad for the cop 1 bit,  but his firing has nothing to do with improper use of force.  whether it was warranted at all is totally different story

Isn't that their right?  Employment is at will these days.  Getting bad press is more than enough reason to terminate someone, but they don't really need a reason at all, do they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Isn't that their right?  Employment is at will these days.  Getting bad press is more than enough reason to terminate someone, but they don't really need a reason at all, do they?

i'm still not sure what exactly you arguing

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
Just now, aztek said:

it seems so,  make public mad over something, even  over unrelated FB post and you are fired, we see it too often now,

Yeah, exactly that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, exactly that.

yea so he is suing, i would too if i was fired for doing something i was hired to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.