Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Officer who dragged man from plane sues

Still Waters

A former Chicago aviation security officer who was fired after dragging a man off a flight last year has filed a lawsuit against the airline and city.

James Long is suing Chicago's Department of Aviation (CDA), its commissioner and the city, alleging he was not trained on how to use force.

He was sacked after removing David Dao from the plane last April to make room for United Airlines employees.

The ordeal led to demonstrations at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport and turned into a public relations disaster for United Airlines.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43734466

Related:

A petty thug got fired for doing the job he was hired to do; push people around.... and to slam them around if they resisted.

He should sue the Hell out of them, they are the ones that fired him to appease the masses. 

• Like 1

Maybe they shouldn't overbook flights and just assume that people will volunteer to get off. 

It's outrageous to manhandle a customer just for not wanting to get off a flight they have a ticket for.

Do they need "sensitivity training" so that people know not to rough up customers? No probably not.

What they need is better policy. 

Airline should get sued. They probably ordered that guy to do it. 

• Like 1

On 2018-04-15 at 8:31 PM, AnchorSteam said:

A petty thug got fired for doing the job he was hired to do; push people around.... and to slam them around if they resisted.

He should sue the Hell out of them, they are the ones that fired him to appease the masses. 

I hope one day you'll get the same treatment. 

he is absolutely correct, he was hired to be a thug, but fired to please the masses, while doing what he was hired to do,  this is not about whether cop or airline was right or wrong

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

he is absolutely correct, he was hired to be a thug, but fired to please the masses, while doing what he was hired to do,  this is not about whether cop or airline was right or wrong

He was hired by the will of the company though, right?  Seems like that takes precedent over doing right or wrong these days. 

Also, since he was hired to be a thug, wouldn't not knowing how to use force properly mean that he was unqualified for the position?

Just being the devil's advocate here.

i'm not sure what case you arguing.    they threw him under the bus, that is all there is to it.  again it is not about doing right or wrong thing,  or even the cop himself.  i personally do not feel bad for the cop 1 bit,  but his firing has nothing to do with improper use of force.  whether it was warranted at all is totally different story, whoever made decision to throw out customer who paid, and was already on board deserves all the blame. 

Edited by aztek

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

i'm not sure what case you arguing.    they threw him under the bus, that is all there is to it.  again it is not about doing right or wrong thing,  or even the cop himself.  i personally do not feel bad for the cop 1 bit,  but his firing has nothing to do with improper use of force.  whether it was warranted at all is totally different story

Isn't that their right?  Employment is at will these days.  Getting bad press is more than enough reason to terminate someone, but they don't really need a reason at all, do they?

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Isn't that their right?  Employment is at will these days.  Getting bad press is more than enough reason to terminate someone, but they don't really need a reason at all, do they?

i'm still not sure what exactly you arguing

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

it seems so,  make public mad over something, even  over unrelated FB post and you are fired, we see it too often now,

Yeah, exactly that.

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, exactly that.

yea so he is suing, i would too if i was fired for doing something i was hired to do