Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SpaceX to send humans to Mars within 10 years

UM-Bot

I think most people would congratulate Mr Musk on what he has achieved to date. I am not talking about him becoming a multi-billionaire, I am taking about him being instrumental in bringing down the cost of spaceflight. However, he does on occasion get ahead of himself. Not so long ago he said people would be going to Mars in 2019. However, 2029 is possibly realistic.

It's so wonderful that someone is taking the initiative to do what all our excessive tax dollars and governing bodies have failed to.

1 hour ago, NicoletteS said:

It's so wonderful that someone is taking the initiative to do what all our excessive tax dollars and governing bodies have failed to.

Yes, because SpaceX costs the US tax payer nothing...

except the $4.9 billion in government subsidies it has received. 

2 hours ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Here is a link that gives some insight into what the $4.9 billion figure means. Basically, how much was a "subsidy" and how much was for carrying out work on behalf of the government?

https://www.quora.com/How-much-did-SpaceX-receive-in-government-subsides-in-2016 

• Like 1

Still waiting for Virgin Galactic to take me to space.. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/will-virgin-galactic-ever-make-it-to-space-Richard-Branson/

On 4/13/2018 at 8:17 PM, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Good. I am glad some of that went to them rather than to the war machine. You act ike those subsidies changed tax rates or something. With that many people under slave labor throwing money into a massive pit I am very happy to see something come out of that pit. 

And yes I said slave labor. Actually slaves had it better as they had housing and food for all their hard work, as today if you work full time it is often not enough to be able to afford both housing and food. Of course I'm p***ed that we are being robbed to pay for an out of control war machine.

It is so sad that we have reached our level of technology but still havent developed basic common sense about what to use it for. Masses of money and slave labor wasted on nothing whatsoever besides destroying the planet and the other people on it. It' applling that we are all being robbed to pay for it and yet there isn't initiative to really advance us as humans at all our sick still die if they don' have enough money.

Edited by Nnicolette

9 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

You act like those subsidies changed tax rates or something. 

I did no such thing. I was simply acting on the fact that your previous post showed clearly that you were making an uninformed comment about a subject you don't seem to know anything about.

You don't know the difference between a space agency and a commercial organisation and you didn't know that SpaceX had received billions in U.S. tax payers dollars.

As for the rest of your rant I fail to see how any of it is remotely on topic.