Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Handouts for Illegals Withdrawn by Exec Order

Dark_Grey

Whitehouse.gov

By Executive Order, 0 Federal handouts for "undocumented citizens".

- states how their respective agencies are complying with 8 U.S.C. 1611 (a), which provides that an alien who is not a “qualified alien” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1641 is, subject to certain statutorily defined exceptions, not eligible for any Federal public benefit as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1611(c);
[...]
- the terms “individuals,” “families,” and “persons” mean any United States citizen, lawful permanent resident, or other lawfully present alien who is qualified to or otherwise may receive public benefits;

Note that they can use this to withhold executive allocated cash if States don't provide proof of following this order (sorry, San Fransico).

Another fun little provision:

(vi) Reserve benefits for people with low incomes and limited assets;

(vii) Reduce wasteful spending by consolidating or eliminating Federal programs that are duplicative or ineffective;

They went after Trump's one lawyer, Trump went after 30 million illegals. Of course, some States will rubber stamp benefits for Dreamers® anyways but they might change their tune after that sweet Federal gravy train rolls right past their station. 

Interesting cold war going on at the Federal level between bleeding hearts and "racists"...

• Like 3

So, he made a law that was already in place.  Isn't that wonderful, being that illegals can't get most benefits anyway even if they pay into the system, which most of them do.  

http://econofact.org/do-undocumented-immigrants-overuse-government-benefits

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, i

19 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

So, he made a law that was already in place.  Isn't that wonderful, being that illegals can't get most benefits anyway even if they pay into the system, which most of them do.  

True, but it is a commonly believed myth.  By doing the executive order, Trump is re-affirming the myth and scoring points with those that believe it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Then there should be a deafening silence from the Left on this issue, no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Then there should be a deafening silence from the Left on this issue, no?

Pretty much is, isn't it?

The only noise about this that I read today came from the OP and whitehouse.gov.

• Like 1

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Pretty much is, isn't it?

The only noise about this that I read today came from the OP and whitehouse.gov.

Somehow, I doubt it will remain so but if it really doesn't affect the constituency of the Left then no harm, no foul.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, and then said:

Somehow, I doubt it will remain so but if it really doesn't affect the constituency of the Left then no harm, no foul.

Not sure what you mean by "if it really doesn't affect the constituency of the Left then no harm, no foul."

BTW: Sorry to hear about the thing you breathed in today, hope it gets better. :tu:

• Like 4

Watch California try to pass a law against Federal Law.

Fort Sumter, anyone?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Whitehouse.gov

By Executive Order, 0 Federal handouts for "undocumented citizens".

Note that they can use this to withhold executive allocated cash if States don't provide proof of following this order (sorry, San Fransico).

Another fun little provision:

They went after Trump's one lawyer, Trump went after 30 million illegals. Of course, some States will rubber stamp benefits for Dreamers® anyways but they might change their tune after that sweet Federal gravy train rolls right past their station. 

Interesting cold war going on at the Federal level between bleeding hearts and "racists"...

Don't you just hate it when someone steals your thunder and then proves it's nothing more than a big fart?

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter

I've said all along, if you want to stop illegal immigration, turn off the welfare. No wall needed.

the biggest abusers of welfare are not illegals, not to mention they actually work,  work hard and long hours, that is why they come here, so that law is not affecting them much.

24 minutes ago, aztek said:

the biggest abusers of welfare are not illegals, not to mention they actually work,  work hard and long hours, that is why they come here, so that law is not affecting them much.

Quite true.  Out of all the demographics in the US, guess which one consistently has the lowest unemployment rate. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Quite true.  Out of all the demographics in the US, guess which one consistently has the lowest unemployment rate. 

Well sure they are cheap. They also work like animals. 

I actually got my work ethic from working with folks from Jamaica. Back when I was 18 doing asphalt for the company my father worked for all his life. 

These guys did not screw around, and if you weren’t pulling your weight they’d let you know real quick. I was in the best shape of my life that summer. I also considered it an honor to be seen as an equal among them. 

That being said I know of a lot of illegals that even though they work, many are still on welfare. Especially the ones who work under the table. That way they are able to send a lot more money back to South America. That’s not cool. 

My cousin actually worked with a bunch of guys from Venezuela who were doing just that. They worked for 10 years here saving all they could. They just went home last year with enough money to retire in their country. They were on welfare the whole time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aztek said:

Plus they usually pay taxes and since they don't get  any government benefits they are really aren't that much of a drag on the system. The jobs they end up taking are usually jobs Americans don't want, like field hands, sweat shops, maids, lawn maintenance, sex slaves, really crappy underpaid jobs.    The biggest abusers of welfare are big corporations, IMO. 

Next time, you see a bunch of workers in a field picking vegetables, think about this; many of them are illegal, they don't really have access to healthcare and they are handling your food.  :blink:

Edited by Grandpa Greenman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Well sure they are cheap. They also work like animals. 

I actually got my work ethic from working with folks from Jamaica. Back when I was 18 doing asphalt for the company my father worked for all his life. 

These guys did not screw around, and if you weren’t pulling your weight they’d let you know real quick. I was in the best shape of my life that summer. I also considered it an honor to be seen as an equal among them. 

That being said I know of a lot of illegals that even though they work, many are still on welfare. Especially the ones who work under the table. That way they are able to send a lot more money back to South America. That’s not cool. 

My cousin actually worked with a bunch of guys from Venezuela who were doing just that. They worked for 10 years here saving all they could. They just went home last year with enough money to retire in their country. They were on welfare the whole time. 

But they are not getting it legally, they are stealing identities.  So, Trump's executive order was just a show and a waste of time. It solves nothing, like the wall, unless you want to wall off the Gulf of Mexico, too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Don't you just hate it when someone steals your thunder and then proves it's nothing more than a big fart?

Hank

What thunder? I'm just a messenger. 

If these provisions were already law, there shouldn't be any issues with benefits being handed out to people who have no business being here, correct? 

This is firepower. This is flexing muscles and reminding the Judges, employers and mayors of where their loyalties should lie. Hint: not with border jumpers who dont give a rats @ss about them or the country.

Cut Federal funding. Let the sinking ship that is Calfornia figure out their rampant homeless problem without Government help. You know, since they seem to think they know better anyways.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

It solves nothing, like the wall, unless you want to wall off the Gulf of Mexico, too. 

Never underestimate the power of a Presidential threat. Illegal immigration dropped dramatically at the mere proposal of a new border wall. Now that Trump has made an even stronger statement by Executive Order, word will trickle down to Mexico that America is not nearly as welcoming to illegals as it was under the drone Chief Obama. 

It takes a lot to reach the border but it takes a lot more when the trip feels like a waste of time. Thank God for strong leadership.

• Like 4

This true but one must wonder if down because of Trump or because America isn't the magnet it was. 

It’s worth noting that apprehension rates have been declining since the recession, and significantly so since their peak of 1.6 million in 2000.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/25/donald-trump/illegal-immigration-lowest-17-years-trump-said/

Illegal immigrants used Welfare...

Total cost of illegal immigrants using social security services...

national-expenditures_0.jpg

Total contribution by illegal immigrants...
Total taxes paid by illegal immigrants
Grand total of the cost Illegal Immigrant have on United States...
economic-impact-illegal-immigrants_1.jpg

It really isn't a myth, our social security services and welfare can't handle this burden applied by illegal immigrants.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Illegal immigrants used Welfare...

Total cost of illegal immigrants using social security services...

national-expenditures_0.jpg

Total contribution by illegal immigrants...
Total taxes paid by illegal immigrants

It really isn't a myth, our social security services and welfare can't handle this burden applied by illegal immigrants.
Grand total of the cost Illegal Immigrant have on United States...
economic-impact-illegal-immigrants_1.jpg

That's interesting. The link you provided which included legal and illegal immigrants does not include the image you posted. That came from a different site which you didn't provide a link to.

I dug up a site that does provide the image, found here: http://www.fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

And that image is for total cost of all expenditure and not just social security or social security and welfare as you stated. It includes education, medical costs, welfare, general expenditure, and law enforcement. http://www.fairus.org/sites/default/files/2017-09/Fiscal-Burden-of-Illegal-Immigration-2017.pdf

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rashore said:

That's interesting. The link you provided which included legal and illegal immigrants does not include the image you posted. That came from a different site which you didn't provide a link to.

I dug up a site that does provide the image, found here: http://www.fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

And that image is for total cost of all expenditure and not just social security or social security and welfare as you stated. It includes education, medical costs, welfare, general expenditure, and law enforcement. http://www.fairus.org/sites/default/files/2017-09/Fiscal-Burden-of-Illegal-Immigration-2017.pdf

Thanks for posting the link, I thought I did... my bad, I forgot to post it.

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

What thunder? I'm just a messenger. 

If these provisions were already law, there shouldn't be any issues with benefits being handed out to people who have no business being here, correct? 

This is firepower. This is flexing muscles and reminding the Judges, employers and mayors of where their loyalties should lie. Hint: not with border jumpers who dont give a rats @ss about them or the country.

Cut Federal funding. Let the sinking ship that is Calfornia figure out their rampant homeless problem without Government help. You know, since they seem to think they know better anyways.

Well, considering California has the largest gdp in the country, I'd say they were doing pretty well.

Hank

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

Well, considering California has the largest gdp in the country, I'd say they were doing pretty well.

Hank

California also has the largest population in the country which would automatically give it a GDP larger then most states, China has the worlds second highest GDP and most of it is due to having an insanely massive population as the vast majority of its population still only makes a few dollars a day.

On per capita GDP California comes in at 10th.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

California also has the largest population in the country which would automatically give it a GDP larger then most states, China has the worlds second highest GDP and most of it is due to having an insanely massive population as the vast majority of its population still only makes a few dollars a day.

On per capita GDP California comes in at 10th.

Why does California have the largest population, besides weather? Hint: Economics

Hank