Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts and Science: My Theory

hunter0fall95

my theory  

7 members have voted

1. 1. what is you personal opinion could i be right or is this another scientific debate in the making?

• quite possibly
    • not likely

I was born in Florida I'm a believer that there's more to this world than what we absolutely can see. I was recently reading a report on google about a scientist who just recently said the HADRON COLLIDER disproved the Existance of ghosts  when in reality maybe there's more advanced technology required to sense the patterns or trace elements of a deceased man or woman's metaphysical existance. more so than just a box of nails wires and a screw driver with some circuit boards of course. We cannot concievably drop peoples experiences off the radar especially when you watch movies like The Exorcist which is supposed to be a true story. Again im personally a man of seeing is beleiving and the like so whats your opinion. 

here is the link to one of many sites that explains this supposed EVIDENCE
https://futurism.com/brian-cox-if-ghosts-existed-wed-have-found-evidence-for-them-by-now/

Edited by hunter0fall95

4 minutes ago, hunter0fall95 said:

I was born in Florida I'm a believer that there's more to this world than what we absolutely can see. I was recently reading a report on google about a scientist who just recently said the HADRON COLLIDER disproved the Existance of ghosts  when in reality maybe there's more advanced technology required to sense the patterns or trace elements of a deceased man or woman's metaphysical existance. more so than just a box of nails wires and a screw driver with some circuit boards of course. We cannot concievably drop peoples experiences off the radar especially when you watch movies like The Exorcist which is supposed to be a true story. Again im personally a man of seeing is beleiving and the like so whats your opinion.   

It would help immensely for future discussion if you could provide a link to that article.

• Like 1

sorry I'm a greenhorn at this whole conundrum of blogging 

Edited by hunter0fall95
the reason for blog edit was i forgot the link for the site as i was afraid of what i don't know but this reply i kinda messed up
  • Like 1

No problem. :tu:

But re-reading your opening post, were you equating the Large Hadron Collider to, "just a box of nails wires and a screw driver with some circuit boards"?

42 minutes ago, hunter0fall95 said:

sorry I'm a greenhorn at this whole conundrum of blogging 

Just saying.. this the open forum, not a blog.  A bunch of members here post in their UM blog pages. 

Welcome to UM :tu: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hunter0fall95 said:

The Exorcist which is supposed to be a true story.

Sorry, but i lost interest with that statement  I've not come across a hollywood ghost story yet i thought was true.

• Like 2

Well, I read the article and don't see where they did any research on ghosts with the Hadron Collider to say it has proven there is no paranormal at all. Not following the logic of this at all. 

But far as your poll question goes, there really is no debate. Science does not believe in the paranormal and so they are not ever going to be finding anything to support it. 

I assume from your post that you support the paranormal? I am not sure really what you are hoping for from this thread. 

I believe in ghosts myself and don't believe they can be found in the hardron collider. Ghosts live in dimensions beyond detection by our physical senses and instruments in my view.

I'm still of the understanding that most of the universe is so-called  dark matter and not directly observable in a collider.

I think in the article they were trying to infer that they would have found a ghost particle by now if there was one? No honest idea. It just seemed an empty thing to say.Not something that concluded after some evidence or finding. Strange. 

• The title was changed to Ghosts and Science: My Theory

Debating about ghost is starting to feel like debating religion. Getting nowhere fast at hypervelocity speeds.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hunter0fall95 said:

The Exorcist which is supposed to be a true story. 

About a kid with autism. He wasn't actually possessed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Isn't that the case with all "possessions". Someone has a disability or mental illness being thought to have demons, and the exorcism only aggravated their instability. At the worst leads to the individuals death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Isn't that the case with all "possessions". Someone has a disability or mental illness being thought to have demons, and the exorcism only aggravated their instability. At the worst leads to the individuals death.

Yup! Every case I ever looked at was. :tu:

• Like 2

I think the worst is when normally rational people get "possessed" (more obsessed) with the idea of "demonic invasion". They create their own personal hell. Over nothing more than an idea.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think the worst is when normally rational people get "possessed" (more obsessed) with the idea of "demonic invasion". They create their own personal hell. Over nothing more than an idea.

The "Truth Bible Church" up the street performs them and screws up their kids minds. <_<

and they have tried cursing and banishing me in "Tongues" aka "bull****". :lol:

• Haha 1

I read this a little closer and my opinion is that the media should pay less attention to these great scientists when they get outside their fields of expertise. But that's the media today.

Now what I think Cox is thinking is that ghosts are created by transferring information from dead physical bodies to another platform. I doubt ghost theories are part of his specialty but a leading theory that I espouse is that super-physical bodies (astral/mental etc.) incarnate a physical body and disconnect at death. Cox is trying to understand ghosts in a materialistic way, in which case he is right that a materialistic creation of ghosts doesn't occur (which spiritualists would also agree with). So he didn't really say anything important in the end.

15 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Ghosts live in dimensions beyond detection by our physical senses and instruments in my view.

Says you of all people. For things that can't be detected they seem to spend a lot of time being detected. In fact some of your favourite shows are all about people being ghost detectives who detect them weekly.

:huh:

31 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Says you of all people. For things that can't be detected they seem to spend a lot of time being detected. In fact some of your favourite shows are all about people being ghost detectives who detect them weekly.

:huh:

Ahh, let me help that confused looking emoji out. Non-physical entities can not be directly detected by our physical senses and instruments. HOWEVER, their interaction with the physical plane can be detected by the physical senses. A classic ghost sighting is then a temporary semi-materialization of an entity. We can see the materialized form (apparition) temporarily but after the materialization it will not be detectable by our physical senses or instruments. It resides in another plane of nature detectable perhaps only by those with gifted psychic senses.

Edited by papageorge1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Non-physical entities can not be directly detected by our physical senses and instruments. HOWEVER, their interaction with the physical plane can be detected by the physical senses.

Thanks for clarifying but I'm struggling with this bit.  Why can we not capture better quality data on these interactions? They may be fleeting and infrequent but we're pretty good at measuring things far more fleeting and infrequent than ghosts.

For example there is a ghost story on the front page that talks about the same ghost being in the same place almost every night. Why doesn't someone record that? Actual temperature data, multiple cameras, multiple audio sources, video and still photography, different light spectrums, magnetic and radiation readings, humidity and pressure readings etc. It should be so easy to prove! 

This is what confuses me.

3 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Thanks for clarifying but I'm struggling with this bit.  Why can we not capture better quality data on these interactions? They may be fleeting and infrequent but we're pretty good at measuring things far more fleeting and infrequent than ghosts.

Isn't that what serious modern paranormal investigators do? They do setup sophisticated recording equipment at alleged hotbeds and they do actually capture anomalies and they see patterns in how these things occur.

4 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

For example there is a ghost story on the front page that talks about the same ghost being in the same place almost every night. Why doesn't someone record that? Actual temperature data, multiple cameras, multiple audio sources, video and still photography, different light spectrums, magnetic and radiation readings, humidity and pressure readings etc. It should be so easy to prove! 

I read part of that story. Are you sure they are not talking about during the 1920's?

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Isn't that what serious modern paranormal investigators do? They do setup sophisticated recording equipment at alleged hotbeds and they do actually capture anomalies and they see patterns in how these things occur.

I read part of that story. Are you sure they are not talking about during the 1920's?

They don't record enough data to make any sense of it, ever. That's the problem with modern day paranormal investigation.

It doesn't matter as it's just an example amongst many that could easily be recorded but never are with any detail.

1 minute ago, I'mConvinced said:

They don't record enough data to make any sense of it, ever. That's the problem with modern day paranormal investigation.

They collect as much data as possible and I am very impressed by some cases myself. But remember, all they can record are physical events, not the source.

12 hours ago, Piney said:

the ignored tragedy is that most of these victims were mental health issues needing anything but that mess. So many tragic and monstrous cases ....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

It doesn't matter as it's just an example amongst many that could easily be recorded but never are with any detail.

I find it hard to call anything "proof" related to ghosts and things like this. Inferences, possibilities at best. Of SOMETHING, unknown what it is we are perceiving in many cases.

I mean, what is a ghost anyway? What do we really mean? Used to be the word meant a floaty dead person.

Now, it can be a recording, an evp, an axe sailing across a room and embedding in a wall. I do not think it is what we think it is, and little of it is a floaty dead person causing it.

JMO.

• Like 1