Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

(GHOST) Women in Red

Lynny

Just curious, if there is any significance to a ghost women wearing red? My then 3 yr old daughter ran to my hallway & told me if I saw the lady in the red dress with long black hair & she disappeared into the wall. Not sure if it was a walk in but her cousin who lives an hour away has also stated she's seen a women in Red. It's not a family member so we're stumped if this mean something.  Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 1

I would be more concerned if my 3 year old had posibly seen someone in the house or might be seeing "things". Not unusual for a child to have imaginary friends, but did you check there was no one about? Do any of the children have a doll with a red dress, do you have a red dress?

It is quite posible the cousins are imagining this ( perfectly normal for children to imagine) . 

You should be watching your child and how this develops before you even think about ghosts in the house.

Here is an article you should read before even thinking about ghosts

Most young children play pretend games and interact with their stuffed animals, dolls, or other special toys as if they were alive. According to Marjorie Taylor and her colleagues at the University of Oregon, by age seven, about 37% of children take imaginative play a step farther and create an invisible friend.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/growing-friendships/201301/imaginary-friends%3famp

• Like 1

Far as just the ghost lore goes, Lynny, there is no special meaning to a red dress. Just something identifying for this apparition. Not all are white and wispy in the stories.

Welcome to UM.

How old is the cousin? When was the last time your daughter and the cousin were together? Perhaps the cousin said something to your child and planted the seed in her head.

• Like 2

I'd listen to freetoroam to be honest.

In my culture they have a saying, if one sees a red attire ghost, that person died from blood loss, and if one sees a ghost in very dark attire then that person was burnt to death.

Whether there is any truth in them, no one really knows.

7 hours ago, MissJatti said:

I'd listen to freetoroam to be honest.

In my culture they have a saying, if one sees a red attire ghost, that person died from blood loss, and if one sees a ghost in very dark attire then that person was burnt to death.

Whether there is any truth in them, no one really knows.

So what does it say about the generic white ghosts out there people say they see? Which culture, please, so I can look up more of the lore. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2018 at 9:48 PM, Lynny said:

Just curious, if there is any significance to a ghost women wearing red? 

How many women was it? Were they all crammed into the same red dress, or wearing different dresses that were all red?

Edited by Krater

On 13/04/2018 at 7:06 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

Far as just the ghost lore goes, Lynny, there is no special meaning to a red dress. 

Unless you're the ghost of John Dillinger, then it's a real sore spot. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...