Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comey book: Trump a mafia boss

Unusual Tournament

Comey book likens Trump to mafia boss 'untethered to truth'

The former FBI director James Comey denounces Donald Trump as “untethered to truth” and likens the president to a mafia boss, in an explosive new book set to bring fresh turmoil to the White House.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/12/james-comey-book-trump-unethical-untethered-to-truth-a-higher-loyalty

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. :ph34r:

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. :ph34r:

Just another reason to love Canadians. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Just another reason to love Canadians. 

I resemble that remark.;)

Hank

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Comey book likens Trump to mafia boss 'untethered to truth'

The former FBI director James Comey denounces Donald Trump as “untethered to truth” and likens the president to a mafia boss, in an explosive new book set to bring fresh turmoil to the White House.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/12/james-comey-book-trump-unethical-untethered-to-truth-a-higher-loyalty

I think (and hope) there's going to be a plethora of tell all books hitting the stands by year end. That's what happens when someone tries to humiliate you in front of the entire nation, then casually has you tossed under the bus with the other disgraced politicians. You don't get mad, you write a perfectly legal tell all. The Republicans are eating there own now and the GOP is imploding at an astonishing clip. Truly interesting times.

Hank

• Like 3

I wish they would start using spell check. 

It's annoying that the book isn't even out until Tuesday, and I've already caught two spelling errors.

• Like 3

I reckon that prominent members of the U.S. Establishment want to be fired by America's Donald Trump, as they know they'll be able to make just as much, if not more, than they're earning now (and all the accompanying stress that goes with it) from writing lucrative books explaining how America's Donald Trump is an insane madman, and/or organized crime chief. Same with Hillary R. Clinton; look how much she's made from her bestselling book, It's All Putin's Fault. And, it seems,when you're talking about Prominent Figures, libel laws don't apply, so you can say whatever you like about them and you don't have to have anything to back it up, since everyone automatically believes anything anyone says about Prominent Political Figures, however preposterous.  (Not that I'm saying claiming that America's Donald Trump is an organized crime boss is or isn't preposterous, of course, just in case any Libel Lawyers are looking in. :innocent: )

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The best books. Really really great books written by terribly intelligent people. The greatest clever people.

Really beautiful books. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I reckon that prominent members of the U.S. Establishment want to be fired by America's Donald Trump, as they know they'll be able to make just as much, if not more, than they're earning now (and all the accompanying stress that goes with it) from writing lucrative books explaining how America's Donald Trump is an insane madman, and/or organized crime chief. Same with Hillary R. Clinton; look how much she's made from her bestselling book, It's All Putin's Fault. And, it seems,when you're talking about Prominent Figures, libel laws don't apply, so you can say whatever you like about them and you don't have to have anything to back it up, since everyone automatically believes anything anyone says about Prominent Political Figures, however preposterous.  (Not that I'm saying claiming that America's Donald Trump is an organized crime boss is or isn't preposterous, of course, just in case any Libel Lawyers are looking in. :innocent: )

If they started getting people for libel because they say crazy things about people that aren't true, the first person they'd have to haul off would be Trump. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Yuuuuuuge! Books.

Books that will help pay for prison canteen accounts.

Hank

• Like 2

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

Books that will help pay for prison canteen accounts.

Hank

Hahaha. Don't be silly.

Books that pay for the thrifty Warden's bonus.

• Like 1

Someone will tweet:

"I will write a book, It will be the best book, because, you know I am good with words, people tell me that. It will be real book too, not a fake book, it will have the best  words and pages and stuff and a shiny new cover, and a Great name"

Any resemblance to real or fictional persons is unintentional and purely a result of your imagination.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

behaving like a organised crime boss by using oaths of loyalty and using a us Vs's them attitude, controlling the agenda. i think you're reading far too much into the title of the story. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

behaving like a organised crime boss by using oaths of loyalty and using a us Vs's them attitude, controlling the agenda. i think you're reading far too much into the title of the story. 

I wasn't saying I necessarily disagreed with the premise of the book.

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

There will be books from both sides. Fine books on both sides.

More people need to catch this reference.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

More people need to catch this reference.

Awww, I wanted to see how far the thread went before someone caught on. Spoil sport.<_<

Hank

• Like 1

Should we have expected something different? Maybe... "Yeah, I deserved to be Fired", by James Comey?

Hardly surprising that he wrote a book that puts the President in a bad light.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll probably read the book when it shows up at my local Dollar Tree in about two years.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I'll probably read the book when it shows up at my local Dollar Tree in about two years.

Together with : "My most intelligent quotes" - Donald J Trump. Hardcover all blank pages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

If they started getting people for libel because they say crazy things about people that aren't true, the first person they'd have to haul off would be Trump. 

So says you the Hilary supporter.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/03/13/hillary_clinton_in_india_places_i_won_are_moving_forward_own_23_of_americas_gdp.html

1 hour ago, odas said:

Together with : "My most intelligent quotes" - Donald J Trump. Hardcover all blank pages.

So you think Trump isn't intelligent, why?