Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you think Mona Lisa is happy?

Still Waters

15 hours ago, susieice said:

So, either this painting was of value to the artist, or the woman in the painting was someone very special in the artist’s life. Or, the conspiracy theories have some merit and there was a hidden message in the painting.

You are not far from the truth:

Spoiler

If you believe the book, then Leonardo da Vinci did not accidentally draw this portrait because for several lives he and Mona Lisa embodied on earth having common purposes.If Da Vinci already then was an outstanding man and ahead of his inventions of scientists, now he is already a Divine Man and together with  Mona Lisa they are preparing a new race for the earth ahead of the present humanity. Mona Lisa- you accelerated the evolution of man for millions of years, you are the strongest spirit woman on the planet.  Leonardo started and you completed.
Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.

Again, if you believe the book, then Mona Lisa in this incarnation in her youth looked like this:

5aff329e4e9d7_69fotos.thumb.jpg.fdc1d9d352f8b08699d79d74d03d59fa.jpg

But she already left this world in 1970.

• 4 weeks later...

On 5/18/2018 at 4:24 AM, susieice said:

As I recall, DaVinci carried this painting around with him. Yep. From the link: http://decodedarts.com/leonardo-da-vincis-mona-lisa-paintings-artistic-merit-and-mystery-woman/921

Was the Mona Lisa one of da Vinci’s greatest works of art? Apparently, Leonardo carried the Mona Lisa painting with him for the remainder of his life and he travelled extensively after the painting’s completion. So, either this painting was of value to the artist, or the woman in the painting was someone very special in the artist’s life. Or, the conspiracy theories have some merit and there was a hidden message in the painting.

I'm a romantic so I like to think it is love.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 18. 04. 2018. at 10:42 PM, Podo said:

She looks like a neckbeard just asked her on a date and she is just about to politely decline for the fourth or fifth time.

Hahahahahaha

Well right after I finish pscho-analyzing this painting I am going to take a crack at a pair of pumas that seem to have a dark sole complex.

jmccr8

• Haha 2

On 19/05/2018 at 1:53 AM, The Wistman said:

Putting aside the ambiguous expression on the face for a moment, the technical excellence of the picture is what Leonardo and others since have admired.  The hands, for instance, are more famous among art connoisseurs than the 'popular' fascination with the smile.  As far as reading into the expression, and how it needs be dependent upon the emotional perspective of the viewer, I can tell you as a corollary that when Greta Garbo began filming the final scene in her 1933 film Queen Christina, in which the queen boldly sails away from her life and the drama of the 'story', director Rouben Mamoulian told her to simply 'think of nothing', knowing that the blank face of Garbo could be filled with whatever emotion the viewer held at the finale:

5afef67966018_garboqueenchristina.jpg.bfc1c5a5cab105a79898e4bc04cc592d.jpg

Yes... the OP reminded me of this

• Haha 1