Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost horses photographed at Tudor castle

Black Monk

A group of teenagers believe they spotted the ghosts of two horses at one of Britain's most haunted sites. 

The friends were visiting Berry Pomeroy Castle, in south Devon, when they captured the spooky image.

Chloe, 19, who was only identified by her first name, said when she looked back at pictures from her day out at the attraction with friends Charlie and Tyler she was shocked by the ghostly image.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

Seems like someone was vaping an e-cig

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MissJatti said:

Seems like someone was vaping an e-cig

It can seem to be a lot of things. It just as equally seems to be ghosts.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Because electronic cigarettes are fiction and ghosts are reality?

Edit: This is kind of thing that cements my views. @Black Monk can you please edit and outline what you see in the photos. It always makes it so much easier to discuss. 

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Because electronic cigarettes are fiction and ghosts are reality?

Don't be ridiculous. Electronic cigs are definitely real.

3 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Don't be ridiculous. Electronic cigs are definitely real.

So, what about the crappy photos in your OP?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

So, what about the crappy photos in your OP?

I believe they are the ghosts of two Pomeroy brothers.

The young brothers, dressed in full armour, are thought to have ridden their horses up to the top of the castle ramparts and together leapt to their deaths.

Many visitors claim they have heard screams and noises in the area of the castle known as Pomeroy's Leap. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5594899/Have-ghost-HORSES-captured-video.html#ixzz5CjkkC31C

45 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Because both are equally proven to be fact, and reality.........:no:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

I believe they are the ghosts of two Pomeroy brothers.

Do you really believe that?

I think it looks like vape or smoke too.... and also, I don't think it looks very horse-like. If it were a ghost, I don't think it's that of horses. I don't think it looks like a pair of little boys either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

Well since I do not believe in ghost, and there is no hard evidence proof in ghosts existing, therefore I gave a logically reason, what could be in the photo, and not say 'yeah that is a ghost in that photo'.

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

Because both are equally proven to be fact, and reality.........:no:

The photo can equally seem to be of ghost horses and their riders than of cigarette smoke.

1 hour ago, rashore said:

I think it looks like vape or smoke too....

And, equally, some people would say it looks like ghosts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissJatti said:

Well since I do not believe in ghost, and there is no hard evidence proof in ghosts existing, therefore I gave a logically reason, what could be in the photo, and not say 'yeah that is a ghost in that photo'.

This is what I said: It can seem to be a lot of things. It just as equally seems to be ghosts. And that statement is 100% fact.

4 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

And, equally, some people would say it looks like ghosts. 

I know some people would say it looks like ghosts. I was only offering my personal opinion, that's why I used "I" and not "Some people" at the beginning of my previous comment.

• Like 1

said when she looked back at pictures from her day out at the attraction with friends Charlie and Tyler she was shocked by the ghostly image

So they did not see anything until they looked back at their crappily taken picture.

There is someone else taking a picture too, how about we see theirs or did they not get anything?

Why are these teenagers out at night at the castle..it is open during the day...oh thats right, to freak themselves out! 

• Haha 1

Well, I find this picture to be interesting but not well-defined as other alleged ghost photos of course.

One type of ghost is believed to form by drawing energy from the environment and to start as a shapeless mist that gradually can take a more defined form. This may be horses on the move not very defined.

On the normal explanation route, I would consider smoke in the environment formed into the shape of two horses by pareidolia. An argument against that might be the experiencers should have noted such a source at the time and not be so taken by this photo.

I do find vaping to be a bit spooky. No wonder these two were feeling spooked.  I see the queen of hearts from Alice in Wonderland on the left and a cartoonish version of a Mayan lord on the right.

'I am shocked at the amount of response I've had to it [the picture]. Some have said it's the most realistic image they've seen.'

:no:

• Like 1

Well hard to say . Could be smoke if one of them is smoking, or some sort of mist maybe due to the location. I know the place is haunted. I think the show Most Haunted visited there. I know it was on the show, Sightings years ago. I think  it would be interesting to have Ghost Adventures visit  the castle and see what they  might get.I say this because i believe they went to the Hell Fire caves and leap Castle. As far as the two Pomeroy brothers go, if the event of them leaping  over the castle wall is a historical fact, not a legend, this might have happend during the War of the Roses or some earlier event.  Don't recall reading of an exact time period for their death.

I zoomed in on it and I can see Camila Wales and a giant pigeon 

• Like 2

Horses? Lol.

These crappy clickbait threads are getting tiresome. Call like it is - someone photographed an amorphous blob.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 8:52 AM, Black Monk said:

The photo can equally seem to be of ghost horses and their riders than of cigarette smoke.

You are not getting this logic are you?

Cigarette smoke, and Ghosts are not equal. So, they can not "equally seem" to be the same thing. One is a factual, proven thing. The other is fiction, with nothing to support it being fact.

Nothing equal about it at all.

Does that make sense now?

• Like 4

I think some are missing something here. She saw nothing untowards until after she looked back at her pictures. Which means she did NOT originally take a photo of what she thought was a ghost or of anything strange. There may well have been someone smoking one of those vapes closeby, they can cause a lot of smoke, but she did not see anything which caused her to snap a picture of what she thought was a ghost.

The story here seems quite clear, there was no ghost just some teenagers snapping shots, and when they looked back at the pics the smoke from the vape created an eerie picture.

Note there is also someone else taking a picture, there is no report of them seeing any mist which could indicate a ghost and they did NOT take any pictures of the mist...because it was not a ghost.

These teenagers were there...if they had witnessed a 'ghostly' mist they would have taken more photos...if she had seen the mist as a ghost she would have told the others....but she did not see any ghost.

Again.. she saw NOTHING strange when she was there, and yet there was a mist , but NO ghost.

How can some people not see what has happened here and believe this is a picture of ghost, do they not open their minds to the whole story? 

• Like 2

On 16/04/2018 at 7:43 PM, Matt221 said:

I zoomed in on it and I can see Camila Wales and a giant pigeon 

I zoomed out and saw a giant Camila and a welsh pigeon.:huh: