Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When Statues Cry Real Tears

rashore

The world is full of strange phenomena that challenge the way we understand ourselves.  I’m drawn to the extreme, the rare but often deeply revealing phenomena.  I’m trying to form as accurate a picture of human potential as possible.

The project calls for a gradual piecing together of many elements from various sources.  The interesting phenomena prompt us to ask: What does this matter to me, going forward? Of course, you might not want to probe too deeply. Phenomena are sometimes ignored because they can’t be explained, or because they challenge our assumptions.

An element of fear also gets in the way. If we admit telepathy, we might worry about others snooping on our innermost secrets.  If we acknowledge psychokinesis, there would be reason to get paranoid about what people could do to us, in secret and from a distance—they used to call it sorcery.  Or we might not like the idea of some people knowing our future, which is possible if we accept precognition.  Others might grimace at the thought of life after death for fear of what might happen to them (guilty conscience?).  So resistance might be a sign of irrational fear.   

http://consciousnessunbound.blogspot.com/2018/04/when-statues-cry-real-tears.html

• Like 4

It's always gotta be a Madonna....:rolleyes:

You would figure with everything going on in the U.S., Ben Franklin statues would be crying all over the place. <_<

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

So resistance might be a sign of irrational fear.

Or rational fear.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

hmm. What do you think @Piney how hard to create a mask that wept? I am thinking it could be done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

hmm. What do you think @Piney how hard to create a mask that wept? I am thinking it could be done. 

Put sunflower seed oil on it before it's dry. It will drive the moisture out the way natural oils do on statues. :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krater said:

"When Statues Cry Real Tears"

Never happened. ;)

I was just popping in to see if there were any links to documented proof of this ever happening.

• 2 months later...
On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 2:00 PM, The Narcisse said:

I was just popping in to see if there were any links to documented proof of this ever happening.

I've heard of statues having red tears, never heard of them having regular ones... But I've never seen it. There's allegedly one near me that does it sometimes but I am a puss I wouldn't go searching.

On 4/19/2018 at 4:00 AM, The Narcisse said:

Most cases have been deemed hoaxes by the Vatican, but they do accept a couple of cases, namely The Miracle at Syracuse and Our Lady of Akita, but close inspection of the statues is not allowed I think. 

As Piney said, there's several ways to created a weeping statue, especially glazed plaster, as was the case at The Miracle at Syracuse. 

• Thanks 1