Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
rashore

The Owls Speak: Mike Clelland’s Stories

7 posts in this topic

rashore

“If it’s not weird, I don’t trust it.” That was the motto of Anne Strieber, the late wife of author Whitley Strieber, and her way to deal with the hundreds of claims of non-human intervention she and her husband received from the readers of Communion.

Mike Clelland, author of The Messengers, totally agrees with this idea –though he probably would add “and if it doesn’t have owls, I trust it even less.”

It’s not that Mike’s life is solely centered on the nocturnal raptors, you see. He doesn’t keep owls as pets or taxidermied ornaments at his place, and he doesn’t run around hooting and flapping dressed as an owl on Halloween –or if he does, he’s sure not to post those pics on his Facebook wall…

But when he began to publicly address all the high strangeness surrounding his life on his blog Hidden Experience he quickly realized that, for some reason, owls were a big part of it. And he wasn’t the only one who noticed this: Just like the Striebers, soon enough Mike’s inbox became flooded with e-mails of people from all around the world, who claimed that alongside their UFO sightings, alien encounters, MIB scares, NDE close calls or even brushes with Bigfoot, owls were involved in some capacity. That certainly doesn’t mean *all* alien experiencers have their own weird olw story, but it does seem to suggest that those who do are all on a personal path of spiritual transformation.

https://www.dailygrail.com/2018/04/the-owls-speak-stories-from-the-messengers-exclusive-excerpt/

• Haha 1

Piney

A lot of my people are afraid of owls including my youngest's mother. :lol:

Likely Guy
2 hours ago, Piney said:

A lot of my people are afraid of owls including my youngest's mother. :lol:

There's a tradition among the Indigenous here in the Pacific North West that if you hear an owl call your name, you're about to die. :huh:

• Thanks 1

ChaosRose
9 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

There's a tradition among the Indigenous here in the Pacific North West that if you hear an owl call your name, you're about to die. :huh:

Is that the Raven Mocker?

Likely Guy
13 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Is that the Raven Mocker?

A little similar I suppose since it only comes to the sick and dying.

bison

The ancient Romans feared owls as omens of death and misfortune. An owl is supposed to have gotten into one of their large public buildings, one day. Elaborate rituals had to be performed to 'cleanse' the place, before it could be used again. The ancient Greeks thought better of owls, deeming them a symbol of wisdom.

We have Western Screech Owls here. Despite their name, they usually make a very soft and beautiful trilling sound. Not fear-inspiring at all.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

third_eye

From my own personal experience, it is probably that people get spooked by owls easily, owls are mostly silent, quiet and well camouflaged and most times you don't see them even if they're just yards away, mostly above the line of sight, also coupled by the fact that we concentrate more on the ground around us mostly, so when the owl is noticed, its a surprise, then people starts getting worried about what else they might have missed noticing all around them, then the paranoid goes over board and starts seeing things that are not there.

~