Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The transportation means of ancient Mexico

Roc Koch

8 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

It may indeed be a no brainer if one chooses it to be but I still would like to makey own choices and without you providing documentation there is nothing to really take into consideration and it falls into and opinion category.

This forum has seen many a told tale of wonder and are available here. We have gysers for building pyramids, travelling island that navigated the Atlantic and hid it's history with ancient ice just to name a couple. They supplied all kinds of credible links that refuted their argument and stalwart forged on in the face of their own denial. Please do supply documentaion.

Still speculation at best. Depending on terrain it may have been harder to guide a little side slope would give it a tendency to drift. I have and still do move a lot of stuff so I have familiarity  with the subject. I have used cutting tables with fixed bearings and move the material on it but the bearings are fixed in position.

jmccr8

No to mention Aliens, ancient nukes, time not being a measure for history and the drift of continents, Cocaine mummies and helicopters in ancient Egypt - to name but a few. 

• Like 4

Seems I have not explained this properly in view of the retorts. Sorry, will try again. 

31 minutes ago, Roc Koch said:

Seems I have not explained this properly in view of the retorts. Sorry, will try again. 

Do you have a retort for this outright racism from your boy?

Then came his magnum opus — Fingerprints of the Gods. In it, Hancock goes on about White gods.Wikipedia's W.svg For example, he asserts that the Triple Alliance (Aztec) god Quetzalcoatl was a bearded white man. He also claims that the Incan Viracocha was a bearded white man.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Graham_Hancock

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roc Koch said:

Just too easy.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roc Koch said:

Hi Roc

I would prefer if you could show proper documentation that supports your idea, what you have explained is fine as it is but without some peer-reviewed papers that show some viability for your ideas, there is a limited amount of explaining that you can do effectively.

jmccr8

• Like 1

In that I am now retired and can see the vague outline of the backdoor, I am at a loss to supply what I once had access to when I was active and at the best place to supply you the correct material. However, perhaps a little effort on your part to be able to see a little beyond your present station, the potential is still there to understand my points. 

12 minutes ago, Roc Koch said:

In that I am now retired and can see the vague outline of the backdoor, I am at a loss to supply what I once had access to when I was active and at the best place to supply you the correct material. However, perhaps a little effort on your part to be able to see a little beyond your present station, the potential is still there to understand my points. 

Well, I'm no longer a NAGRA advisor but I can still show up at Rutgers, The U of Penn, Smithsonian or Swarthmore's library and use them. What's the problem?

By the way. Back to Hancock. I was on one of the teams looking for evidence of the Younger Dryas Impact....There is none....and you still haven't answered my question about "The White Gods"...:rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 4/23/2018 at 8:07 AM, Roc Koch said:

Sorry you cannot make the connections to this conceptualization. It is good that there are those in my community that think it is highly possible that the ancient Mexicans did indeed make use of the numerous rubber ball bearings found all over Mexico. It will all soon come to light. Thanks for your opinion. 

One very major problem with your concept is that they didn't have a long system of excellent roads.  They did have roads, but the surfaces were uneven.  A regular wheeled cart would have been awkward and slow over such surfaces.  Ball bearings would have gotten stuck in every single crack in the road.

1755173529_29d46d8469_z.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Piney said:

Well, I'm no longer a NAGRA advisor but I can still show up at Rutgers, The U of Penn, Smithsonian or Swarthmore's library and use them. What's the problem?

By the way. Back to Hancock. I was on one of the teams looking for evidence of the Younger Dryas Impact....There is none....and you still haven't answered my question about "The White Gods"...:rolleyes:

Hancock, for the most part, only parrots the inane ideas of other fringers.

This is even reflected in the titles of his books, including the current one.

The white god thing dates to the Spanish Colonization era. I wouldn't put a racist label on Hancock for that. Just a "kick me" sign taped on his backside.

Harte

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Kenemet said:

One very major problem with your concept is that they didn't have a long system of excellent roads.  They did have roads, but the surfaces were uneven.  A regular wheeled cart would have been awkward and slow over such surfaces.  Ball bearings would have gotten stuck in every single crack in the road.

1755173529_29d46d8469_z.jpg

Hi Kenemet

That is why I earlier suggested Flubber was used, clearly, they could have dribbled the blocks there on a road like that, ball bearings not so much.:lol::whistle:

jmccr8

• Like 2

I see rubber balls as buffer between rocks for transportation so they don't brake in the crates... 

But imagine moving a crate to the top of a hill with 30 balls under it, spilling them out at the back and bouncing all over the place with people running to catch them !

Hilarious !

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Roc Koch said:

Looks like ancient Peru...

They had similar roads.  This one supposedly is taken in Mexico, where they do have mountainous regions.  They also had hard-packed dirt roads... anyone who's used those knows that they turn into slick mud when it rains.  Not much good for ball bearings, which would get stuck and leave all sorts of traces.

• Like 2

I am by no means well-acquainted with every sort of megalithic building to be found in the Americas, but I do know that at some sites it has been established that stones were dragged over the ground, what with abandoned stones left along the path and drag marks gouged out on the stones that were placed.

Such marks are to be found at Tiahuanaco, for example. Elsewhere as well.

Harte

• Like 4

On 4/23/2018 at 7:05 PM, Roc Koch said:

Those are all good points, but I am sure that the generality of this concept was not as impactful to them,

I thought "impactful" was business consultant speak as in,"Lets cluster all of the stake-holders into a safe space and brainstorm some impactful ideas."

Back to rubber and ball bearings.  Round river rock theories: Select a whole bunch of nearly round  close to  the same size river rocks .  Put them between a couple of operating mill stones and wait a while  You get rounder equally sized stone balls.  That is kind of the way bb's are made, rolling equally sized cuts from copper wire. (Piney knows about these I think)

Oh Wait.  No millstones apparent, metates instead.  Could you do it with a metate?  Maybe, it would be a lot of work though.   Cut grooves in your causeway and fill them with nearly round rocks.   Reduced contact surfaces of the rounded stones  and that necessary corn oil might  facilitate moving large stones.  Eventually your round rocks get rounder with use, more efficient as time goes on..  Grooves might be equally good to keep sledge runners from going off course. You might see corresponding grooves worn on the underside of some of the stones you move.  Any evidence of that?.  

To distribute load over a wider area and still reduce friction, rollers would be a good choice.  Even in today's world, roller bearings are preferred for heavy loads because of the weight distribution. Google Timkin 4 Aces, the first large steam locomotive built with sealed roller bearings in 1930. Fuel economy due to reduced friction was a big selling point, along with reduced maintenance.   .Many ancient people used logs as rollers, maybe Central Americans did as well.  As a bonus, you can cook your dinner on the worn out rollers.   It is a lot less effort than rounding stones.

Roc Koch I just don't see rubber coatings on stones as being necessary or sufficient.  Ball bearings might not be the most efficient method of moving heavy irregular loads over uneven raceways.

Another use for latex sap; stand in a bucket of it and make yourself some rainy season footwear.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 4:31 PM, Piney said:

Wasn't Odin a visiting professor at Toltec University in Tula for a couple of semesters?

• Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, Kenemet said:

They had similar roads.  This one supposedly is taken in Mexico, where they do have mountainous regions.  They also had hard-packed dirt roads... anyone who's used those knows that they turn into slick mud when it rains.  Not much good for ball bearings, which would get stuck and leave all sorts of traces.

They had causeways all over the sites, I have seen them. The size of the hard rubberized ball-bearings rather than the wheel, varied according to the needs of the project. These people were very smart and the engineering was amazing. Positioning the "White" stuff is not necessary. All Blood is red. Who cares what the skin color is? I have many American Indian Bloodlines racing through my veins as well as other silly entities in the tubes. I am about knowledge and wisdom.  

Edited by Roc Koch

1 hour ago, Roc Koch said:

They had causeways all over the sites, I have seen them. The size of the hard rubberized ball-bearings rather than the wheel, varied according to the needs of the project. These people were very smart and the engineering was amazing. Positioning the "White" stuff is not necessary. All Blood is red. Who cares what the skin color is? I have many American Indian Bloodlines racing through my veins as well as other silly entities in the tubes. I am about knowledge and wisdom.  

Hi Roc

Then please do show some research and documentation that support it. There are several sites like academia.edu that papers can be accessed and linked here in a post.

I don't do your homework I do mine and that doesn't start until you put your position forward properly with matterial that supports it.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
Fat fingers or the devil made me do it
  • Like 2

I put forth the talking point. It is the initial discovery point that is presented here. Not any research at all rather a discovery that could be the start of papers and other data to follow. I found some of these points and now I put forth the concept. Go from here and see if you and all of us can come to some dialogue on the potential. 

1 hour ago, Roc Koch said:

I put forth the talking point. It is the initial discovery point that is presented here. Not any research at all rather a discovery that could be the start of papers and other data to follow. I found some of these points and now I put forth the concept. Go from here and see if you and all of us can come to some dialogue on the potential. 

I admit I don't know what they do in Communications, but I'm not aware of any serious academic field where you publish /before/ researching.

But you really make me understand why Communications depts. are the standing joke of academia.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/28/2018 at 1:12 AM, Roc Koch said:

100% for effort...... 0% for results. Are we still in a world that gives awards for last place in a race for "effort"? As I feel the above comment deserves that reward.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Roc Koch said:

They had causeways all over the sites, I have seen them. The size of the hard rubberized ball-bearings rather than the wheel, varied according to the needs of the project. These people were very smart and the engineering was amazing.

How about some pictures of the causeways... and of the facilities that would be needed to produce such rubber balls.  What size were the rubber balls (they must have been standardized)?  How many were needed for each project?  How did they work (put down a carpet of the things or some other method?)

My homework says that this concept was never used by them, so you will have to show your homework that disputes my homework.

Positioning the "White" stuff is not necessary. All Blood is red. Who cares what the skin color is? I have many American Indian Bloodlines racing through my veins as well as other silly entities in the tubes. I am about knowledge and wisdom.  

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Many of us have a similar heritage and it made no sense to me in context of my question about the roads.  Since we are all about knowledge and wisdom, we would appreciate your giving links to support your statements as the rest of us do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Roc Koch said:

I put forth the talking point. Not any research at all

:rolleyes:  Exactly.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Edit: Somehow managed to lose the quote. See below.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy