Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former first lady Barbara Bush health failing

Still Waters

Former US first lady Barbara Bush is in "failing health" and has decided to no longer receive medical treatment, a family spokesman has said.

"Following a recent series of hospitalisations, and after consulting her family and doctors, Mrs Bush, now age 92, has decided not to seek additional medical treatment and will instead focus on comfort care," Jim McGrath said in a statement.

Mr McGrath did not provide any further information on the nature of her illness, but confirmed she is at her home in Houston.

https://news.sky.com/story/former-first-lady-barbara-bush-forgoes-treatment-as-health-fails-11333367

One of George Bushes Daughters works for the Today show, I watched this morning and heard her talk about Barbara.  It's very sad to lose your Grandmother.  My heart goes out to her.

• Like 3

i can understand her, i had my own grandmother die after years of treatment that really only prolonged her misery. my GM wanted to die at home, in her bed,  too bad she died days before we could pick her up, the place she was in did not want he to go, they stil wanted to do and get paid for treatments, and gave us run around. 

• Sad 4

My aunt decided that she wasn't going to get chemo and treatment because it was a waste of money at her age.  That was 11 years ago and she is still kicking around grumbling about not dying.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Sad, but smart decision. I wish more people could chose their own time instead of languishing in a isolated hospital room or elderly care facility till the end. I'm sorry for what your grams went through, Aztec. And sorry that your sorrow was drawn out for greed. My Dad went the same way on boxing day last year. Not me. I have already made plans for inoperable cancer, parkinsons disease, dementia, and a few other nasties with my doctor and kids. I'm not putting my family through that. There will be a party, a big send off, and then the next day I will become a total organ doner with the help of my friend and family physician who has agreed to do it when the time comes. 

I admire your courage Mrs. Bush and wish you god speed and good journeying. 

Hank

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well Dammit. :unsure: She lived a long life and accomplished a great many things. Rest in peace first lady.

Hank

First Lady Melania Trump and I join the Nation in celebrating the life of Barbara Bush. As a wife, mother, grandmother, military spouse, and former First Lady, Mrs. Bush was an advocate of the American family. Amongst her greatest achievements was recognizing the importance of literacy as a fundamental family value that requires nurturing and protection. She will be long remembered for her strong devotion to country and family, both of which she served unfailingly well. The President and First Lady’s thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Mrs. Bush.

-President Donald J Trump

16 hours ago, Lilly said:

News has just reported that Mrs Bush has died. 

I've just seen that reported on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43805365

RIP

Obituary: Barbara Bush - former US First Lady and literacy campaigner

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12846090

RIP Barbara Bush, classy lady and one of only 2 women that had both a husband and a son become POTUS. Husband at her side, holding her hand (as we often saw them do) as she passed.

On a lighter note, saw Alyson Camerota on CNN say this morning she "...fought literacy...." . These people need to keep track of what they're saying...lol