Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-FBI chief calls Trump ‘morally unfit’

ExpandMyMind

Former FBI Director James Comey called Donald Trump unfit to lead the nation, saying in an interview that aired Sunday that the president is “someone for whom truth is not a high value” and who treats women “like they’re pieces of meat.”

“I don’t think he’s medically unfit to be president. I think he’s morally unfit to be president,” Comey said in the interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.

Source.

Some other highlights from the interview:

A person who sees moral equivalence in Charlottesville, who talks about & treats women like they're pieces of meat, who lies constantly...and insists the American people believe it — that person's not fit to be president of the United States, on moral grounds.

Can't argue with that, really.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: And the refusal to criticize Vladimir Putin?

JAMES COMEY: I don't know what's behind that. I mean, that's-- that mystified me even after President Trump became president 'cause I discovered that he wouldn't criticize him even in private, which-- I can understand a president making a geopolitical decision that, "I ought not to criticize an adversary country's leader for some reason publicly." But I discovered President Trump wouldn't even do it privately, and I don't know why that is.

• Like 7

A joke and embarrassment as well. Its incredulous to me and completely mystifying this man became President of the United States. 

• Like 6

Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  Is that the only tactic of the Deep State, to take one's best attributes and project them onto your enemy?

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  Is that the only tactic of the Deep State, to take one's best attributes and project them onto your enemy?

I always liked that term.  It kind of implies what we have leading us now is the "shallow state"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

It's not just "NOW".  It has been perhaps from the beginning.  Presidents in times past had been able to keep these unelected bureaucrats in check but by the time of Kennedy, they have come into their own power.  Trump is the right person at the right time to defrock the Deep State and return this country back to the people.  If Comey thinks that Trump is a Mafia boss, then he's our Mafia boss and he'll rub out the enemies of the state.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think we've been here before.  The cast of characters is just different: 

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, 

• Like 4

This is why the Founding Fathers divided the powers.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely!  The Deep State had grabbed too much of that absolute power and instead of fighting it, the politicians kowtowed to it.  The Clintons learned to use it for their own benefit and Obama seized on the corruption and  weaponization to get what he wanted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's no "Deep State."

It's just another made up term that has been thrown around to scare people into buying bs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's also no perfect political party, free of scandal...

but...

there's certainly a log in Trump's eye. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Would you care to define this 'Deep State'? I would also appreciate evidence being provided to back up your claims. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Would you care to define this 'Deep State'? I would also appreciate evidence being provided to back up your claims. 

You just get in from Jupiter or something?  Even a blind man must have to desire to see what is around him or he won't even be aware of the things right under his nose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Imagine for a moment that Trump is still a Democrat.

How much of this would you stomach from him?

• Like 7

Honestly to sit around and say trump is morally unfit to be president when the other only candidate with a chance of winning was HRC?!?!?!?!  LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!  What a bloody joke. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

You just get in from Jupiter or something?  Even a blind man must have to desire to see what is around him or he won't even be aware of the things right under his nose.

As I thought. No evidence. Not even an attempt to substantiate any of your conspiracy garbage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Never underestimate the average man's fear and hatred of others. Conservatives don't - it's the only reason their ideology can gain power in a democracy. And it's certainly the only reason Trump was elected. He outright campaigned on fear and hatred.

Really so anyone that wishes for the government to be fiscally responsible or to preserve the rights of the people or who believe the powers of the federal government be limited is fear and hatred?  You have a very child-like definition of conservative.

Edit to add:  Trump is not a real conservative or for that matter a real republican.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Honestly to sit around and say trump is morally unfit to be president when the other only candidate with a chance of winning was HRC?!?!?!?!  LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!  What a bloody joke. 

Ah, the obligatory 'but Hillary!' comment. Actually took a bit longer than usual.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Ah, the obligatory 'but Hillary!' comment. Actually took a bit longer than usual.

The truth is the truth. She is one of the most morally bankrupt humans alive.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Really so anyone that wishes for the government to be fiscally responsible or to preserve the rights of the people or who believe the powers of the federal government be limited is fear and hatred?  You have a very child-like definition of conservative.

I didn't say all, I said enough to win elections. That's how they convince the middle class to turn on the poor, the weak and immigrants. In the US, they even manage to turn the poor against themselves through preying on their fears. Quite the achievement, thanks to Roger Ailes, extremist talk radio and Fox News.

And after this latest tax break for the rich, it's a bit difficult to claim the Republican Party is in any way fiscally responsible. Laughable actually.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The truth is the truth. She is one of the most morally bankrupt humans alive.

It's also a deflection. If you'd like to start another thread about her morality, go ahead.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Considering that Hillary came up in the interview several times makes her relevant to this discussion...oh wait,you just cherry picked his sour grape crying about how Trump was sooo mean to him.

Coming to a news story soon:

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/12/us/politics/12mayor.html

Edited by Still Waters
Replaced copyrighted image with link
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I didn't say all, I said enough to win elections. That's how they convince the middle class to turn on the poor, the weak and immigrants. In the US, they even manage to turn the poor against themselves through preying on their fears. Quite the achievement, thanks to Roger Ailes, extremist talk radio and Fox News.

And after this latest tax break for the rich, it's a bit difficult to claim the Republican Party is in any way fiscally responsible. Laughable actually.

I think our governments policy of being run by big money lobbyists convinced the middle class to vote for someone that promised to bring jobs back and help a shrinking middle class. I'm sorry if you thought it was better campaign policy to have Beyonce' and Jay Z endorse a candidate who rather than speaking to average Americans held $10,000 a plate fund raisers.  Did you really think there was any other realistic outcome to the election.  The reason Donald Trump is president is because of the Democrats, make no mistake.  nearly any other candidate besides Hilary or a freaking commie like Sanders would have beat Trump.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

As I thought. No evidence. Not even an attempt to substantiate any of your conspiracy garbage.

You're serious?!  You don't see the Deep State?  Peter Strzok and Lisa Page is perhaps the most obvious.  Comey is showing his true self and disgracing himself at the same time.  Lynch clandestinely meeting Bill on a tarmac in Phoenix about the grandchildren.  There are examples all over.  Trump punctured the cyst and the puss is oozing out. *Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
No need to get personal
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's also a deflection. If you'd like to start another thread about her morality, go ahead.

Don't tell me what to post, it's against the rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I love the false flags here.  Any fair tax cut will usually benefit the rich more because they have more skin in the game.  The top 10% pay about 70% of the tax burden.  Is that fair?

• Like 1

• The topic was locked