Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are we missing obvious signs of alien life?

Still Waters

Where the heck are all the aliens? According to a pair of psychologists, it might be us, not them - we could be missing obvious signs of non-terrestrial civilisations out there.

Being a human is weird. There's so much information our brains need to process for us to function in the world, sometimes we downright miss what's right in front of us.

https://www.sciencealert.com/invisible-gorilla-simons-chabris-inattentional-blindness-alien-signals-astronomy-space

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

People are so preoccupied with whether Aliens are out there, but they never stop and look if the aliens are here amongst us.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JVG said:

@third_eye I'm going to check in the vacuum cleaner... Aliens may be hiding in the carpets!!!!

Good idea, don't forget the corners ... the ones with bad intentions usually hides in the corners.

~

• Like 3

I'm convinced that my sister brought an alien home once. He was very strange and quiet, and he was looking at every object as if he'd never seen one before.

He stayed for the weekend, didn't eat anything, and only had about 3 sips of water.

• Confused 1

I have to think they are right here and have interacted (and still do) with the earth and human life.

The so-called 'respectable and real scientists' seem to think there is no evidence ever found but mathematical odds suggest there should be life out there in the universe somewhere. If the evidence doesn't come from some billion dollar science program that searches in a way they respect, then they say we must keep looking. People actually seeing UFOs and non-human creatures is meant to be  kind of discarded as fringe pseudo-science that real scientists shouldn't concern themselves with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Where the heck are all the aliens? According to a pair of psychologists, it might be us, not them - we could be missing obvious signs of non-terrestrial civilisations out there.

Being a human is weird. There's so much information our brains need to process for us to function in the world, sometimes we downright miss what's right in front of us.

https://www.sciencealert.com/invisible-gorilla-simons-chabris-inattentional-blindness-alien-signals-astronomy-space

Since NOT 100% of people missed the gorilla, the theory is proved to be false. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Where the heck are all the aliens?

well they're not here= 80+ years of modern ufology producing 'nothing' tells me this;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

well they're not here= 80+ years of modern ufology producing 'nothing' tells me this;)

It has produced enough to convince many of us.

The question always then becomes ‘who is the official judge?’.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The question always then becomes ‘who is the official judge?’.

only yourself

23 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

only yourself

That is the correct answer I was driving at.

Sometimes I suffer from the same malady (though I did see the gorilla in the vid) --- like my mind can't interpret what my eyes are seeing in front of me. That said...it might take an experienced eye, coupled with an open mind, to know what to look for --- in regard to visual ET evidence of the close encounters kind --- because the ET alien might be wearing some sort of a high tech camouflage suit, coupled with possible laser holographic visual distortion techniques that can confound the observer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, third_eye said:

Good idea, don't forget the corners ... the ones with bad intentions usually hides in the corners.

~

I thought that was just the naughty ones.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I thought that was just the naughty ones.

The naughty ones usually hides behind the couch, at least that's the way it is over here in the East

~

• Like 1

So basically the lack of evidence is evidence? I was more comfortable with the idea of nordic-alien-guys curing cancer in some lost island near Patagonia to which you can only access if you're invited.

• 3 weeks later...

I really found the suggestion quite poor since 1/3 of the people detected the strange items in the video. The follow up test with the photo scanning also showed that assigning multiple to a task made the search work. 

Any of the searches where people are involved requires that multiple people do the checking. That eliminates mistakes. Multiple people review medical tests. Multiple people examine photos of space. Multiple people review maintenance records.

About all this study tells us is that people are human. I'm pretty sure we all knew that.

On 16/04/2018 at 8:53 PM, papageorge1 said:

That is the correct answer I was driving at.

yep--- so now what?

any suggestions on how to move forward? i'm all ears

Edited by Dejarma

On 17/04/2018 at 2:45 AM, MrBene said:

So basically the lack of evidence is evidence?

how long do you need before you agree?= another 10 years of nothing? Maybe 50 years?

in 200 years time, i bet there will be a few still pondering over the meaning of crop circles.. oh joy;)

2 minutes ago, TonopahRick said:

Well, some people still think the world is flat.

how do you know for sure it's not?

On 16/04/2018 at 1:39 PM, Still Waters said:

sometimes we downright miss what's right in front of us.

no we don't

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

how do you know for sure it's not?

It's actually a physical impossibility, and we do actually have pictures sent from our various space vehicles.

28 minutes ago, Gaden said:

It's actually a physical impossibility, and we do actually have pictures sent from our various space vehicles.

of course......

You know for sure then= as I do. You've been told the planet we live on is spherical by highly intelligent individuals- as I have.

Mix this data with your logic & basic common sense & you come to a conclusion- as I have,= which is: 'there's overwhelming (& bleeding obvious) facts that the world is not flat'

those who believe the world is flat have no facts to produce for their argument.

The data produced that tries to convince me that aliens are here; data that has produced NO facts; mixed with my logic & basic common sense brings me to the same conclusion