Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
docfarzad

How should I deal with this "ability"?

4 posts in this topic

docfarzad

Hi, everyone. I'm sort of new to this kind of abilities. I recently found this site when googling about my newly developed "ability", if you can call it that. So, I've always been pretty cynical of everyone around me and kind of too judgmental to be honest. I think I kind became like that as a result of a hard breakup I had when I was 19. I tried so hard at the time to get in another relationship to fill the emptiness. but I never succeeded so I gave up and focused on my studies. for the past 2 years, I've been involved in developing a project that can simulate a civilization (I'm a computer scientist master student). A lot of my work involved curating categories of emotions. in the end I ended up developing an algorithm that did what I was doing as a project team member: it told you how a person is feeling by analyzing their pattern of past emotional transitions. A month ago, after the project was over, I kinda felt like something in the world is wrong. like we are constantly lying to ourselves. I did some research here and there and then stopped. over the past few days I think I accidentally developed a psychic ability. ever since, whenever I watch something or even listen to a song, my mind creates backstories for the characters involved in the book/movie/song. and I often feel overwhelmed by al the emotions that I feel. it's like I can tap into the emotional energy thats contained in any storyline. therefore, I chose to switch it off sometimes. but it feels kinda cool most of the times, so I find myself using it often. also no one except my sister really believes all this. not to mention that the predictions that my mind makes are always true ever since. like I can know where a character in a movie is gonna end up.

I was raised in Iran in a semi-religious family. but they were wise enough to let me choose my path. so, I have now been living in Germany as master student for two years. Ive always been relatively more direct compared to my friends. I'm always to the point and I also hate rules. I switched from computer science to digital media because I developed a love for the arts recently. 

my question is, what should I do with this ability? is it even real? does everyone have this ability? how could I deal with it?

seanjo

Do you know what tomorrow's lottery numbers will be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

trevor borocz johnson
1 hour ago, docfarzad said:

Hi, everyone. I'm sort of new to this kind of abilities. I recently found this site when googling about my newly developed "ability", if you can call it that. So, I've always been pretty cynical of everyone around me and kind of too judgmental to be honest. I think I kind became like that as a result of a hard breakup I had when I was 19. I tried so hard at the time to get in another relationship to fill the emptiness. but I never succeeded so I gave up and focused on my studies. for the past 2 years, I've been involved in developing a project that can simulate a civilization (I'm a computer scientist master student). A lot of my work involved curating categories of emotions. in the end I ended up developing an algorithm that did what I was doing as a project team member: it told you how a person is feeling by analyzing their pattern of past emotional transitions. A month ago, after the project was over, I kinda felt like something in the world is wrong. like we are constantly lying to ourselves. I did some research here and there and then stopped. over the past few days I think I accidentally developed a psychic ability. ever since, whenever I watch something or even listen to a song, my mind creates backstories for the characters involved in the book/movie/song. and I often feel overwhelmed by al the emotions that I feel. it's like I can tap into the emotional energy thats contained in any storyline. therefore, I chose to switch it off sometimes. but it feels kinda cool most of the times, so I find myself using it often. also no one except my sister really believes all this. not to mention that the predictions that my mind makes are always true ever since. like I can know where a character in a movie is gonna end up.

I was raised in Iran in a semi-religious family. but they were wise enough to let me choose my path. so, I have now been living in Germany as master student for two years. Ive always been relatively more direct compared to my friends. I'm always to the point and I also hate rules. I switched from computer science to digital media because I developed a love for the arts recently. 

my question is, what should I do with this ability? is it even real? does everyone have this ability? how could I deal with it?

So you create stories about characters you meet and assume they are true or that somehow their story has appeared in your mind? Have you ever fact checked this and been right?

Krater

You do realize that characters on tv shows, movies and even in songs are generally fictional, right?

Your mind is making up fictional stories about fictional characters. That's called "imagination", maybe peppered with a very light dose of "just understanding people" (we're not that complicated). ;)

• Like 2